What was the very first PS3 game you've played?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by RatedSTARZ (249 posts) -

Now that this generation is slowly coming to an end, I'm curious. 

What was the very first PS3 game you played?

For me, I think the first game I played was actually Assassin's Creed, and shortly after, Uncharted Drake's Fortune. I remember first popping these two games in, I was all like "Oh mer gerd, the graphics are AMAAAAZING! And you can climb anything in Assassin's Creed! WTF?" And then I went ahead and started ramming my face against my PS3 cuz I couldn't handle the awesomeness.

Okay... take out that last part lol.

assassins-creed-1.jpg

But what was the very first PS3 game you've played?

#2 Posted by happy_dude64 (994 posts) -

Resistance Fall of Man...those graphics were awesome back then! Then I played Metal Gear Solid IV...my mind was blown away. 

#3 Posted by sebs09 (475 posts) -
MLB 08: The Show. When I first saw that running on a PS3, I just knew I had to have one.
#4 Posted by sukraj (21778 posts) -

Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction

#5 Posted by Sophette (507 posts) -
Motorstorm, at a Best Buy kiosk.
#6 Posted by nyc05 (10172 posts) -

Resistance: Fall of Man.

What great fun I had.  Still the best Resistance game, IMO.

#7 Posted by marcheegsr (2453 posts) -

Resistance fall of man.. and ill never forget that experience.

#8 Posted by benleslie5 (7723 posts) -

Resistance Fall of Man

#9 Posted by MacaroniMoses (664 posts) -
Heavenly Sword
#10 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

Mirror's Edge.

I got it with my first PS3, and played it on SD TV. Even so, I just remember being in such awe with the visuals.

#11 Posted by Deadman_est1982 (1188 posts) -

MLB the Show 2009

#12 Posted by XeroEX (495 posts) -

Catherine. It was one of the reasons why I bought a PS3 in the first place. :)

#13 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9366 posts) -
U1, my mind was blown
#14 Posted by daveydark (314 posts) -

MGS4

#15 Posted by The_Golden_Age- (145 posts) -

Resistance: Fall Of Man.

#16 Posted by Granny_Spanked (1326 posts) -
I think it was Motorstorm, graphics were amazing at the time.
#17 Posted by SoNin360 (5267 posts) -
It was definitely LittleBigPlanet. I got my PS3 right before 2009, and I also had and played Call of Duty: World at War and GTAIV early on.
#18 Posted by RatedSTARZ (249 posts) -

Lol I like how Resistance Fall of Man is the dominating game in this thread lol. When was Resistance Fall of Man released? Wasn't it like within the first few months the PS3 was released?

#19 Posted by SoNin360 (5267 posts) -

Lol I like how Resistance Fall of Man is the dominating game in this thread lol. When was Resistance Fall of Man released? Wasn't it like within the first few months the PS3 was released?

RatedSTARZ
It was a launch game.
#20 Posted by blueboxdoctor (2397 posts) -

First games I played were AC and the first Uncharted at a friend's house, but the first game I properly owned and played was Uncharted 2 followed by Killzone 2, both of which blew me away graphically and turned out to be pretty awesome games.

#21 Posted by RatedSTARZ (249 posts) -
[QUOTE="RatedSTARZ"]

SoNin360
It was a launch game.

Lol makes sense then xD
#22 Posted by peruwolf93 (83 posts) -
RE5 at a friends house.
#23 Posted by Jak-25 (2490 posts) -

Not counting demos, the first PS3 game I played was Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction.

#24 Posted by -Fromage- (10512 posts) -
Batman Arkham Asylum. I was a little late to this generation, but when I finally bought a PS3 Batman was my 'must buy' first game. I even skipped the 2 games my PS3 came bundled with.
#25 Posted by ultimameteora (2573 posts) -
Resistance
#26 Posted by munkeypoo45 (3220 posts) -

cod4...... :P i was one those people. but i did play that game for quite a bit though. i think over 14 days worth online

#27 Posted by DahLong (233 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 4 is the first ps3 game i have played

#28 Posted by shaunchgo (4605 posts) -
I'm pretty sure it was either the original Uncharted or MLB 07 the Show.
#29 Posted by DaRq_MiNoS (558 posts) -

Fallout 3, which I hated the first time I tried it. I think I gave up on it after a few hours... when I tried it again a year or two later, I loved it though.

I think the first game I completed was Wolfenstein.

Both of these games would make my Top 20 this gen.

#30 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8687 posts) -

I got my PS3 in 2010 with Batman Arkham Asylum and it was truly awesome. The second game I got for the system was inFAMOUS and that was also amazing. I played both of those games to death and platinumed them.

#31 Posted by blaqphantom (1829 posts) -
Resistance 2 came with my ps3 and what a terrible game it was.
#32 Posted by locus-solus (481 posts) -
infamous
#33 Posted by RageQuitter69 (1296 posts) -

Uncharted Drakes Fortune

#34 Posted by Darthkaiser (12443 posts) -
Devil May Cry 4 at a friend's ps3 back in 08 Wow it came as a huge improvement on Dmc 3 at least to me
#35 Posted by Serial_Killa (0 posts) -

Uncharted 2 : Among Thieves.

One of my favourite games ever.

#36 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -

Resistance Fall of Man at my friend's house. I was so jealous of him. Didn't get a PS3 of my own until several years later.

#37 Posted by RatedSTARZ (249 posts) -

Resistance Fall of Man at my friend's house. I was so jealous of him. Didn't get a PS3 of my own until several years later.

CommanderShiro
Lol, dude when I first got a PS3 it was because of the same reason too lol. I went to a friend's house, and he was playing Resistance. And I got so jealous cuz the game just looked EPIC especially with the graphical leap. The following Black Friday... I ended up getting a ps3 lol.
#38 Posted by AbstractRadical (629 posts) -
Killzone 2.
#39 Posted by bigt503 (37 posts) -

Metal gear solid 4. Waiting for that game to instal killed me! wanted to play it so bad haha.

#40 Posted by coolkid93 (6715 posts) -
College Hoops 2k7. Boy was I excited and I loved the graphics.
#41 Posted by Texas2089 (16428 posts) -
LittleBigPlanet. Played for about 2 hours and never touched it again.
#42 Posted by dylan417 (5011 posts) -

NBA Live 08, followed by Battlefield: Bad Company and Lost Planet: Extreme Condition.

#43 Posted by HipHopBeats (2861 posts) -

The very first PS3 game I played was God Of War 3 at a friend's house. Got my PS3 late 2011 and broke it in with MGS 4 followed by Uncharted 2. Back to back epicness and a great induction into current gen.

#44 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25520 posts) -
Super stardust HD on someone else's PS3. Neat game. Think a spiritual successor is in the works.
#45 Posted by djvj_y2k (742 posts) -
MGS4:GoTP (when this game was released it was over for me, i couldn't control myself so i immediately bought a ps3, wanted to play this badly) with GTA4 and Uncharted Drakes Fortune. The first time i had my own ps3 i still use my sdtv, still i noticed the difference visually, then months later i was lucky enough / was able to manage to finally own an hdtv, i almost had a heart attack playing the games on it for the first time. Now i wish i still have my old sdtv for my ps2, i regret it.
#46 Posted by RatedSTARZ (249 posts) -

The very first PS3 game I played was God Of War 3 at a friend's house. Got my PS3 late 2011 and broke it in with MGS 4 followed by Uncharted 2. Back to back epicness and a great induction into current gen.

HipHopBeats
Lol that's the only way to play man xD
#47 Posted by 187umKILLAH (1337 posts) -

Assassin's Creed, loved the freedom the game offered.

#48 Posted by enz2 (1689 posts) -
Mine was Wipeout HD Fury in '09 when it was released hard copy for PAL.
#49 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

GTA IV, FF XIII and Fallout 3 were the first games I ever owned for my PS3...don't know anymore which I played first though.

#50 Posted by daveversion1 (1005 posts) -
I think mine was Oblivion or Assasins Creed, i remember just being like oiuyhgfdcghbgfgfhm this is actually the best thing ever. Especially Oblivion, i couldn't quite comprehend how good it was.