What store sells cheap HDMI cords?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by sparda012 (2045 posts) -

I do not want to spend that much and i don't want to shop online for them.

#2 Posted by KurupSoldr (4094 posts) -
the dollar store? i dont know tought to find 6$ outside of the web, walmart or targed probably have a decent 20$ price
#3 Posted by gdp72 (1270 posts) -
Walmart but cheap is exactly what they are! Spend the extra money and get a quality HDMI. I bought the Walmart special and my 1st one was defective. I returned it for another and guess what? That one was defective also so I got my money back. The Walmart special was $30, I paid $60 for the HDMI I ended up with from Gamestop. It's worth the extra cash for good quality.
#4 Posted by cmdrmonkey (994 posts) -

Walmart but cheap is exactly what they are! Spend the extra money and get a quality HDMI. I bought the Walmart special and my 1st one was defective. I returned it for another and guess what? That one was defective also so I got my money back. The Walmart special was $30, I paid $60 for the HDMI I ended up with from Gamestop. It's worth the extra cash for good quality.gdp72

Considering it's digital, the quality of the cable makes no difference. Either it works or it doesn't. You got majoryly ripped off. You can buy decent HDMI cables on newegg for under $10.

#5 Posted by gdp72 (1270 posts) -

Considering it's digital, the quality of the cable makes no difference. Either it works or it doesn't. You got majoryly ripped off. You can buy decent HDMI cables on newegg for under $10.

cmdrmonkey

Now did I say anything about the quality of the image? No. I was talking quality of the construction. Cheap ones are built to fail!

#6 Posted by ps2gcnxbox (41 posts) -
[QUOTE="cmdrmonkey"]

gdp72

Now did I say anything about the quality of the image? No. I was talking quality of the construction. Cheap ones are built to fail!

cmdrmonkey is right, it's a digital signal, it works or it doesn't

#7 Posted by CheeChee_Macko (2236 posts) -
I got my HDMI rope from Amazon.com for under $10. It is a very well made rope.
#8 Posted by bizzy420 (2730 posts) -
MONOPRICE or BLUE JEAN CABLES is the best place to get your cables. most of my friends are A/V enthuisiast, and thats where they get their cables.
#9 Posted by rawsavon (40002 posts) -

I work at Sam's Club in the electronics dept.

just go there, as long as you or your parents are members, and get one

6 feet cords are $20

12 feet cords are $25

These are high quality cords-I use one

HDMI is HDMI: if they work, then you will not see or hear any difference in a $10 cord or a $100 cord

#10 Posted by DJCUEBALL (2562 posts) -
#11 Posted by marcssc (105 posts) -
I got mine at big lots for $12. I don't know if that's a nationwide store. it might have a different name in different states
#12 Posted by avataraang1 (5436 posts) -
Got mine for 7 bucks at Monoprice.com and it is perfect quality
#13 Posted by Sk8ter_213 (4573 posts) -
well i doubt your find any cheap ones in retail stores, unless you buy cheap brands which probably won't as good. I found some Monster HDMI cables for 30-60 bucks on eBay. much cheaper than buying it in stores. the thing is that it doesn't come with the retail package but who really cares about that. looks legit. but you said you don't want to buy them online so can't help you there
#14 Posted by RoganSarine (1490 posts) -
Local Computer Stores... Like local ones around you for customizing your computer is your best bet. ALl my local ones had the same price as the net w/o shipping.
#15 Posted by jimm895 (7703 posts) -
The HDMI cables have dropped in price like a rock in the past few months at many retail stores all over the place. Sometimes you can get a store to do a price match plus 10% if you really push the issue.
#16 Posted by firebreathing (4619 posts) -

MONOPRICE or BLUE JEAN CABLES is the best place to get your cables. most of my friends are A/V enthuisiast, and thats where they get their cables.bizzy420

exactly, do not listen to anyone else. this guy speaks the truth. I get all my cables from monoprice, evne speaker wire and it sounds MUCH better than that Monster bs.

#17 Posted by YogidAbEAR152 (103 posts) -
#18 Posted by p3rf3ct_gam3r (4 posts) -
Take a look at the HDMI Cables at the1080store.com I got mine from there, they have other nice stuff .... it all comes from places like Newegg.com and Bestbuy and Buy.com... it compares the prices for you then directs you to the on-line merchant. Good luck.
#19 Posted by Dreamable (600 posts) -
Well I got mine at Sam's Club for $15 and it works/looks great :D
#20 Posted by ronniepage588 (4188 posts) -
walmart. i got one for 20 thats about 8ft long. not bad, it works great
#21 Posted by Egyptman786 (1152 posts) -
got my 40 foot long HDMI for free