What Size Memory Stick?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by gtafreakBman (280 posts) -
Well..since the gow of war psp bundle doesn't come with a memory stick, i have to go buy a memory stick. what size do you reccomend that i buy. i plan on using it for music and stuff if i can. and i've seen on some of the memory sticks that they have ps3 written on the description. are all the memory sticks compatable with the ps3? thanks.
#2 Posted by BioShockOwnz (52901 posts) -
2GB is all you really ever need for music and so on. If you plan to do "big" things, which cannot be discussed here, then get a larger memory stick, like 4-8GB. Btw, the memory stick you want is a Pro Duo.
#3 Posted by xero_33 (171 posts) -
well ck the box of th card.. its should say if it is compatible.. mine says that.. just make sure u buy sony magic gate... i have 8gb and ihave movies (lots of em), tons of mp3 and stuff...
#4 Posted by gtafreakBman (280 posts) -

well ck the box of th card.. its should say if it is compatible.. mine says that.. just make sure u buy sony magic gate... i have 8gb and ihave movies (lots of em), tons of mp3 and stuff... xero_33

how much would i have to pay for something like an 8gb

#5 Posted by blueraydude1 (239 posts) -
i would say 4gb thats what ive got and its almost too small 8 gb better
#6 Posted by ChesterTheWorm (175 posts) -

4GB even tho thats what i got is TOO small for videos

If you're just gonna use it for Game Saves,Pictures & Muzic then 4GB is plenty

But

If you basicly wanna carry around youtube with you which i do then get at a minnmum 8GB or Go for the Big Stick 16GB

#7 Posted by mother_farter (16665 posts) -
I would go with atleast 4GB I only have a 1GB and it still feels like it can hold nothing sometimes :/ I can only fit about 6-7 CD's on it and then it's through pretty much..and I have a couple of pictures..but thats about it. Plus I need room for game save data.
#8 Posted by megagene (23023 posts) -
Get at least a 2GB. More if you can afford it.
#9 Posted by piranha_inc (1994 posts) -
mine is 4Gb and I'm planing on geting a 8Gb when I get my GOW bundle
#10 Posted by ff7isnumbaone (5352 posts) -
8 gb for me. music and movies.
#11 Posted by babystapler (1679 posts) -
Newegg.com is your friend! I buy all my computer stuff from them, and they have a great selection. Great service too!
#12 Posted by poogawotta (182 posts) -

4GB even tho thats what i got is TOO small for videos

If you're just gonna use it for Game Saves,Pictures & Muzic then 4GB is plenty

But

If you basicly wanna carry around youtube with you which i do then get at a minnmum 8GB or Go for the Big Stick 16GB

ChesterTheWorm

MY EYES!!! ZE GOOGLES, ZEY DO NOTHING!!!!

#13 Posted by Stuntman9594 (44 posts) -

I would definitley go with a 2 gig. I was going to get a 4 gig but the 2 gig has alot of space!

#14 Posted by GANGSTASAN (2249 posts) -
One of my friend's father sold me a 2GB(and gave me a discount). I say that is enough.
#15 Posted by Lionheart08 (15443 posts) -
Depends on what you want to put on it. I only really use my PSP for games so 1gb is enough for me. If you want games & music, a 2gb would be better. If you want the whole package, 8gb is the way to go.
#16 Posted by xero_33 (171 posts) -

[QUOTE="xero_33"]well ck the box of th card.. its should say if it is compatible.. mine says that.. just make sure u buy sony magic gate... i have 8gb and ihave movies (lots of em), tons of mp3 and stuff... gtafreakBman

how much would i have to pay for something like an 8gb

well it costs around 3,2++ here in the philippines.. and that's around $75 there... but i bought mine 3 months ago and it was like $80 then..
#17 Posted by brightchild0 (186 posts) -

Ok, I have a 4gb card. i utilise my PSP for everything. Games, music, taking pictures & video etc, so 4gb is not big enough. I've heard that the 8gb card works on the slimline PSP.

Has anyone tried the 16gb card?

#18 Posted by kashim26 (929 posts) -
Yeah, 16GB does work.
#19 Posted by SnuglyChainy (106 posts) -
I have a 2 GB, but It depends on how much music... You may want to get an 8 GB...
#20 Posted by Gran_Bruce (174 posts) -

2 GB - just games, maybe some themes and pictures

4 - games, music, pictures, maybe one or two movies

8 - all of the above, just more movies

16 - not really necessary unless you're uploading your whole dvd collection to your psp

32 - does this even work on the psp?

#21 Posted by pukmok (775 posts) -

2GB is all you really ever need for music and so on. If you plan to do "big" things, which cannot be discussed here, then get a larger memory stick, like 4-8GB. Btw, the memory stick you want is a Pro Duo.BioShockOwnz

Yeah I have about 10GB of big things.:D To bad I only have 4GB.

#22 Posted by gtafreakBman (280 posts) -
does anybody know a reliable place where i can buy a larger size memory stick that is relatively inexpensive?
#23 Posted by kashim26 (929 posts) -
If you're in the UK I can give you a link.
#24 Posted by gtafreakBman (280 posts) -

not from the uk, any deals in the us?

#25 Posted by Memefilter (10 posts) -

Newegg.com

#26 Posted by teirdome (483 posts) -

Circuit City has 4GB sticks on sale for $45, which is basically the same price as NewEgg.

If you want 8GB+ however, you need to go through an online retailer.

#27 Posted by Leon7J7 (738 posts) -
Get a 4 gig.
#28 Posted by gtafreakBman (280 posts) -

Circuit City has 4GB sticks on sale for $45, which is basically the same price as NewEgg.

teirdome

hey thanks a buch, thats one of the best deals so far and i feal a lot more comfortable buying from a mafor reatailer like circuit city rather than some fishy online retailer.

#29 Posted by pukmok (775 posts) -
[QUOTE="teirdome"]

gtafreakBman

hey thanks a buch, thats one of the best deals so far and i feal a lot more comfortable buying from a mafor reatailer like circuit city rather than some fishy online retailer.

HEY! Newegg.com is not fishy. I bought my TV from them. Thats how much you can trust them.

#30 Posted by gtafreakBman (280 posts) -
[QUOTE="teirdome"]

gtafreakBman

i just ran to the mall and finished paying off my order for the gow psp. then i went to circuit city and bought a 4gb ultra II memory stick by sandisk. its supposedly much faster than the standard memory stick and was the same price: $44.99, phenomenal deal!

#31 Posted by Blissful-B-Girl (6 posts) -

Now you can go buy Pata Pon!

#32 Posted by gtafreakBman (280 posts) -
blissful b girl whoever you are that was a worthless comment and somewhat off topic
#33 Posted by scuderia2008 (2 posts) -
Do micro SDHC cards work on the PSP I mean the 8GB or the 4GB
#34 Posted by ANIALATOR136 (1157 posts) -

Ive got a 4gb sandisk

#35 Posted by gtafreakBman (280 posts) -

Ive got a 4gb sandisk

ANIALATOR136
#36 Posted by gtafreakBman (280 posts) -

does it work well