What should I do with the new games coming out get them on PS3 or PS4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ghost_1919 (46 posts) -

Should I get COD Ghosts, Watchdogs, and Battlefield 4 on the PS3 or PS4? Thanks fo the info

#2 Posted by Lord_of_Terrans (196 posts) -

Should I get COD Ghosts, Watchdogs, and Battlefield 4 on the PS3 or PS4? Thanks fo the info

ghost_1919
I would get them for the PS4 if i had to choose only between PS3 and PS4. I will go for the PC.
#3 Posted by marcheegsr (2522 posts) -

Im in the same situation.

The games you listed will be comming out around october - novemeber and the ps4 will be released "holiday 2013" so basically I will probably just get them on the ps4.

I know ill regret getting them on the ps3 and seeing them release on the ps4 a month or two later.

Ill just be playing grand theft auto 5 until the ps4 releases.

#4 Posted by SoNin360 (5367 posts) -
I'd probably hold off on those games until the PS4 arrives. I'll personally be taking care of my backlog before getting a PS4. I'm still a bit conflicted though, especially with Watch Dogs, but I'm thinking I'll wait on it since I'll still be playing my PS3 well into 2014.
#5 Posted by starwarsjunky (24730 posts) -
if you're getting a ps4, why would you not get them on ps4? :? you may wait a month or so, but thats it...
#6 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1693 posts) -

PS4 version will be much better. Only get PS3 games if you are sure they aren't coming to PS4.

#7 Posted by MonoSilver (1525 posts) -
Well I'm getting a PS3 in a few days (I know I'm a bit late) so I'll be getting the cross generational games like Watchdogs on PS3. Surely the only difference will be the graphics and I'm not going to buy a PS4 straight away just for that.
#8 Posted by MarcRecon (5479 posts) -

I'm not even sure if I'm getting a PS4 or any next-gen system yet.

#9 Posted by koolyoe (140 posts) -

I have been thinking about this myself. I have decided that I will get games that are available on both ps3 and ps4 for ps4.

#10 Posted by Vatusus (4448 posts) -

If you're buying a PS4 for sure then buy'em for it. Better graphics, resolution and performance, I hope. Since I wont be buying a next gen console anytime soon I'll buy'em for PS3 still.

#11 Posted by sukraj (22161 posts) -

I'm not even sure if I'm getting a PS4 or any next-gen system yet.

MarcRecon

me too i'm waiting until next year before i get an xbox one.

#12 Posted by CTR360 (6990 posts) -
i buy ps4 this fall and i get all of them for PS4
#13 Posted by Sokol4ever (6304 posts) -

If you're not planing of purchasing the PS4 anytime soon after its release then the PS3 versions of those games make sense.

Personally, I will be holding off on playing anything available on PS3/PS4 (other then PS3 exclusives) until I' purchase the PS4.

#14 Posted by Legolas_Katarn (15592 posts) -

If you plan on getting a PS4 I would get the PS4 versions of anything that it was available for.

#15 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70750 posts) -
i am keeping my ps3 and getting a ps4, because there is no backward compability within the first months
#16 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

if you're getting a ps4, why would you not get them on ps4? :? you may wait a month or so, but thats it...starwarsjunky

Ditto. It's a very straightforward solution. If you'll have a PS4, then get it for that platform. If not, and you have a PS3, get it for that platform.

#17 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

I'm sure you're capable of making your own decisions.

#18 Posted by jcopp72 (5335 posts) -
I plan on waiting for the PS4 so I'm getting anything through the rest of the year on PS3
#19 Posted by FireRescueMedic (5 posts) -
Wouldn't matter if you got them for free and then got paid to play them........I found an awesome gig ! http://652121oufxf3x4w-m1pcsda0mc.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=%M1SSOUR1K1D%
#20 Posted by DigiTMPS3 (22 posts) -

So many people here saying they are holding off getting the PS4 or Xbone. I'm now concerned if there is a known issue that I'm not aware of in that I should cancel and get my money back? Is there a negative to getting a launch day console? Or does it just come down to money and/or the saying "do I need it or want it"

#21 Posted by nyc05 (10178 posts) -

Seeing as that I'm more than eager to put this generation to bed, any and all cross generation games that I intend to buy will be for the PS4.

#22 Posted by Megavideogamer (5325 posts) -

Go with the Playstation 4 versions. This generation has gone on quite enough. So get the PS4 if you can.

#23 Posted by RatedSTARZ (249 posts) -

That's a good question man... I think for the games that you feel you REALLY want to play, get them on PS3, and for the games you can wait on, get them on a the PS4. I'm just wondering if PS4 owners can play with PS3 owners xD