What's the easiest way to make lots of money? GTA5

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Mickeyminime (1127 posts) -

For some random reason, i'm finding it really difficult to get cash in this game unlike the previous GTA games.

I'm already near the end of the game and still seem to be stuck with the same cash i had since the very beginning, like £24K, and all i ever buy is heavy Armour now and again. I've never ever bought ammo or anything else unless it's a mission requirement like a sniper rifle. I've only bought one asset which was the boat yard. I also updated one car, but it was only like a $3000 upgrade, nothing more as most stuff where not available at the time unlike they are now. Besides that, i barely ever spend anything. When i die outside a mission, i load so it saves me losing cash. But no matter what i do, i still appear to be stuck on the cash i've had since the very beginning.

I don't understand how this investment thing works online, and it's not explained very well on youtube, specially people who seem to have $29million already. Is there any way to make millions quickly. Any info would be great :)

#2 Edited by The_Rick_14 (9945 posts) -

My advice would be to just keep playing.

#3 Posted by heretrix (37339 posts) -

Do a heist. You'll have more than enough cash.

#4 Posted by Falcon084 (8757 posts) -
#5 Posted by Mickeyminime (1127 posts) -

I heard about this method, at first i couldn't get it, i must have spent 8 game days looking for it and nothing was there. I went on the web to ask about it and one person mentioned that one day the $25K was there, the next day after an update, it was gone. I was looking for the $25K after the update, not before, so i ended up deleting the game data update and the $25K appeared. Sounds like Rockstar don't like people using it. I've nearly completed the game, just 5 missions away until the big one and i'm still stuck with the same cash i had ages ago. Many people on the web seem to have millions if not billions before the final mission. So i don't know what i'm doing wrong. I've added money in to the online money thing that soon deals with the assassination missions. But i seem to lose money than i earn. I hear that this is how people got the money. Invest first, kill the guy and take back the money and the shares

#6 Edited by HowlPendragon (30 posts) -

Wait until you're all done with the game (you will have the most amount of money) and try not to spend any along the way.

Once you're done, complete Lester's Assassination missions. He makes it clear to you that the point of these assassinations is to kill the CEO of a company in order to rig the stock prices. SImply follow this guide: http://www.gamechup.com/gta-5-stock-market-guide-make-1-8-billion-with-lester-missions/

Make sure you put EVERY DOLLAR you can into the stock in question and do it before you start the missions (except for the 4th mission)

I ended up with around $150M per character, but others have gotten up to $1B combined total.

#7 Edited by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -
@HowlPendragon said:

Wait until you're all done with the game (you will have the most amount of money) and try not to spend any along the way.

Once you're done, complete Lester's Assassination missions. He makes it clear to you that the point of these assassinations is to kill the CEO of a company in order to rig the stock prices. SImply follow this guide: http://www.gamechup.com/gta-5-stock-market-guide-make-1-8-billion-with-lester-missions/

Make sure you put EVERY DOLLAR you can into the stock in question and do it before you start the missions (except for the 4th mission)

I ended up with around $150M per character, but others have gotten up to $1B combined total.

This this this!!! I already screwed up and did most of the assassination missions prior to finishing the story. There is also a hitchhiker that gives you a stock tip after you drop him off at the airport. Try to avoid picking him up until after you finish the story. And listen to the radio or look at stock market homepage on the game's internet, they sometimes give news on the stock market.

#8 Edited by Thr33XGaming (13 posts) -

Finally a get rich quick scheme that actually is in the game's design!!! Gonna have to try this.

#9 Posted by Mickeyminime (1127 posts) -

My old game, i did most of the assassin missions and nearly completed the game and have been stuck with 25K since the very beginning. My new game i'm investing but with very little money.

I've heard a little rumor that can also help you. Companies and its rivals, sometimes you will see company trucks like Cluckinbell drive past on the motorway, i hear if you destroy them while investing with its competitor Tacobell, you will earn more money as you are stopping Cluckinbell get it's food around while Tacobell is safe to travel thus people go to them for its fast food and not Cluckinbell. Is this rumor true if you have heard of it?

#10 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28380 posts) -
#11 Edited by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -

@Mickeyminime said:

My old game, i did most of the assassin missions and nearly completed the game and have been stuck with 25K since the very beginning. My new game i'm investing but with very little money.

I've heard a little rumor that can also help you. Companies and its rivals, sometimes you will see company trucks like Cluckinbell drive past on the motorway, i hear if you destroy them while investing with its competitor Tacobell, you will earn more money as you are stopping Cluckinbell get it's food around while Tacobell is safe to travel thus people go to them for its fast food and not Cluckinbell. Is this rumor true if you have heard of it?

Its best to do the assassin missions after finishing the story. You get millions from the final heist and then its best to invest all your money into the stocks Lester gives hints about. You've already screwed up if you did the assassin missions before finishing the story.

That rumor doesn't work based on videos I've seen from IGN staff and user comments.