hyksiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hyksiu
Member since 2010 • 2201 Posts

Is it the great design or the easy to use interface? Or maybe its the developer friendly architecture?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Yes.

Mind you, it could also be better - faster CPU without a shared GPU/CPU memory pool would make it a pretty robust machine. But it's fine. It's the nicest console I've owned from a technological standpoint, but I would never claim it couldn't be improved.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

It´s a good machine, has good features but not to the point of being SO good.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

It has the most games, most powerful console, PS Exclusives, Shareplay, PS Now subscription for people who skipped ps3, Good UI, excellent controller, online experience that rivals XBL, and a bunch of great free games/deals

Avatar image for kobrakommandant
kobrakommandant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kobrakommandant
Member since 2014 • 62 Posts

I've bought mines a week after it came out, had to send it in for service 3 times, twice of those was replacement units, 1st two problems had the CE-34878-0 error, 3rd time the unit had a loose screw rolling around inside the console and the disk drive would not work, hopefully there won't be a fourth time since every time I send it in everything on the console is deleted by the service technicians, smh, so I had to re-install everything and all my saved data is gone forever. I never had this problem with my PS3, PS2, nor Original PS ( sent it in once to replace optical laser lens). The material used is flimsy and Sony left out many features that was standard on the PS3. So compared with it's predecessors, I would rate the PS4 a below average console, aside for it's more modern and current technological architecture. The games and it video output are still awesome though.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

I bought one earlier in the week, and I wouldn't say that it is SO good. It's simply a very well made gaming device, with some nice features (party chat, etc.) and up-to-date console graphical capabilities.

It isn't without flaws - the biggest one being the lack of worthwhile games. As someone who is primarily a PC gamer, secondarily a Nintendo gamer, and who bought a PS4 as a tertiary console, I'm satisfied with it...but there really aren't enough quality exclusives at the moment, especially if you already have a PC.

I'm also not a huge fan of the controller (the left thumbstick still feels like it is in the wrong place, and that touch panel is really ugly), the lack of PS Classics support is terrible (especially since PS Now hasn't launched in Australia), and I feel like the menu is much less organised than I'm used to.

But hey, it's a pretty good console all-up. Now I just hope that they release a steady stream of games for it, or else this will just be gathering dust while I go off to play The Witcher 3 and Xenoblade Chronicles X and whatnot.

BoomstickNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BoomstickNL
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Not lying about the 1080/60fps like the Xbox One. PS4 is about, What U See Is What U Get. Plus #4ThePlayers ;)

(seriously, my Xbox 360 broke down 4 times on me, switched to the PS3 and it never broke, so the PS4 seemed logical)

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

I think it comes down to games... If you look at the 360 vs. PS3, for most of the latter life, PS3 dropped better exclusives, with a better interface. I think a lot of people made the job to PS3, Affordable online play, Last of Us, Uncharteds, God of War, Killzone's, and many more.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

It's not good, like the all the consoles it's underpowered and lacking games.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

in my experience it is a much more robust / reliable console than ps3, i have purchased my ps4 when it was released in europe (december 2013), up until now i have used it regularly and quite a lot without even a single hiccup... when compared to my ps3 experience (which was: optical reader failure the first week, ylod 11 months after that, ylod 13 months after that, when i exchanged my fatty with a slim and no problems after that) it is worlds apart... :)

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

What makes the PS4 barely acceptable? I guess the fact that it can stream netflix and youtube, that's about it. Oh, I guess it's also barely acceptable because it has 3 games worth buying.

jakesnakeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 jakesnakeel
Member since 2003 • 326 Posts

For me, it's So Good. My favorite console ever. Hard to put a finger on why. But I do love the UI and the general responsiveness of the system.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

It's good not so good it's just good, the great design and slimness of it, is amazing esp for the power inside it, the interface is very nice and easy to use, the only problem i have is, there is no organization, why i've got all the apps mixed in with the games is beyond me, i'd like another row just for the apps just to make it look neater, but other than that i'm happy, games wise no matter what people think, it's got a huge library and we are still really early in it's life cycle for the top games, so no complaints here and the so good bit is, i trust sony with there exclusives they have never let me down on that front, yes we've had some standard exclusives released but they aint bad games just not on the tier that sony are known for, but we have so much time for these games to turn out, i'm not worried.

and the track pad, i mean what is the point in it, really??? the things i expect it to be there for, you know the basics like using the thing as a mousepad like a laptop, esp on the browser, there is no function for that, just seems a bit of a waste of tech when it isn't even used for the basics, and that internet browser is the worst browser i've ever used.