What kind of Playstation 3 do I have?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Molly_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Molly_Rose
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hello,

I have an old Playstation 3 and I'm not sure what kind it is. I want to try & sell it but I'm not sure what to price it at. The manufacturing date is October 2007. I included some pictures. Any help is really appreciated!

Thank you for looking! :)

xo Molly Rose

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

The serial and model number should be on the back and bottom of the system. You should see something like "CECHx-xxxx" at the end. This will help determine what system you have. If you can post that model number, we can better help you.

If you boot it up, the system information will tell you the size of the hard drive (on the XMB, go to 'Settings', then 'System Settings', then 'System Information'). This is helpful, if the original drive was replaced.

I also highly recommend you remove your personal information, including credit card, from the system before you sell it. Reformatting is even better if you have the time - unless you never used this PS3 much to begin with.

Based on the date you provided, I can only guess that it may be a 40gb system with no PS2 backwards compatibility.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#3 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I have the same model as you.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points