What is the best thing to do for PSN download games.?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by ewalthour (690 posts) -

My question is can you still play your PSN downloaded PS3 games on your PS4? What about all the saves for these games. Do i need to just transfer them on a jump drive? PSN has a small drive you can put some of the saved games files on so do i need to use a jump drive at least 2 gigs to transfer game saves that are from the PSN downloaded PS3 games? Once i finish GTA 5 story line i am contemplating returning the game to go towards a PS4 game or accessory.

What are you guys strategy with the transfer from PS3 to PS4? I am more than likely selling my PS3 since i am not the type to keep old systems plus I don't have but GTA5. I sold all my PS3 games. l will keep some of my PSN family games like Hasbro to play with the wife.

How is new program going to work for backward compatibility for PS3 games on PS4? It will only work on games you downloaded on PSN or also PS3 disc games?

#2 Edited by lyndonAPI (2793 posts) -

PSN games on PS3 will not play on the PS4. If you want to still play them I advise keeping your PS3.

#3 Edited by ewalthour (690 posts) -

Man I thought at least if the game was a psn download that it would work on ps4. I thought the ps3 disc format itself was a issue with compatibility with ps4?

I also thought if I wait after launch, the software to accept ps3 games on ps4 would at least accept psn ps3 games.

#4 Posted by dipdish (868 posts) -

Man I thought at least if the game was a psn download that it would work on ps4. I thought the ps3 disc format itself was a issue with compatibility with ps4?

I also thought if I wait after launch, the software to accept ps3 games on ps4 would at least accept psn ps3 games.

Unfortunately, it's not all about the disc, but the format itself. Therefore, I'm keeping my beloved PS3 console.

#5 Posted by ewalthour (690 posts) -

I just read another post about backward compatible and now I remember the product gaiki. So now Its all streaming but you have to buy back my ps3 games? So the ones u already have want be available to get back on pan store? That's kinf of messed up that the games want be on the same own store I will pay for to play online when ps4 comes out.

#6 Posted by Megavideogamer (5365 posts) -

Unfortunately PSN downloaded games on your PS3 will not work on PS4. Which is surprising as some download games on PSN are listed for PS4. Flower and Sound Shapes are listed as PS4 launch games? Unless these are sequels or special editions. But what if you already have these games downloaded on your PS3. You should be able to just transfer them to your PS4? Could be a typo.

Some games like DC universe On-line are listed as PS4 launch games as well. If you have this game on your PS3. I guess that your won't just be able to transfer it to PS4 and keep your progress etc. The game is free to download but you have to start again. These games are the same on PS3 and PS4. So you should be able to just transfer from PS3 to PS4.

But I'm sure that Sony states that backwards compatibility does not work even via PSN games? so you have to rebuy these games?

#7 Edited by Large_Soda (8610 posts) -

Unfortunately PSN downloaded games on your PS3 will not work on PS4. Which is surprising as some download games on PSN are listed for PS4. Flower and Sound Shapes are listed as PS4 launch games? Unless these are sequels or special editions. But what if you already have these games downloaded on your PS3. You should be able to just transfer them to your PS4? Could be a typo.

Some games like DC universe On-line are listed as PS4 launch games as well. If you have this game on your PS3. I guess that your won't just be able to transfer it to PS4 and keep your progress etc. The game is free to download but you have to start again. These games are the same on PS3 and PS4. So you should be able to just transfer from PS3 to PS4.

But I'm sure that Sony states that backwards compatibility does not work even via PSN games? so you have to rebuy these games?

I believe if you own Flower and Flow for PS3, you can download the PS4 version for free.