What is the BEST PS4 Launch Title

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Nightrain76 (331 posts) -

Come November 15, I am trading in GTAV and going exclusively next-gen with the PS4. So I now I have to decide what game to get at launch. The new COD? Watch Dogs? Madden 2014? What game will show off the greatness of PS4? What game will make the PS3 versions of the game look out of date? What is the best PS4 launch title to get November 15?!?!

#2 Posted by The_Rick_14 (9921 posts) -

I'm thinking none of the next-gen versions of games that are releasing current-gen versions this fall will really separate themselves significantly. The greatness of the new consoles won't really be shown off in 2013.

Don't worry so much about what people think is the best and just go with the game you'll have the most fun playing.

#3 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65913 posts) -

Exclusive: Driveclub

Third Party: Battlefield 4 and Watch Dogs

#4 Posted by starwarsjunky (24552 posts) -

day - AC4

window - the order:1886

#5 Edited by The_Last_Ride (65913 posts) -

day - AC4

i preordered AC 4 in the hopes of it being better than 3

#6 Posted by JohnF111 (13914 posts) -

Killzone has always been graphically intense so it'll have a large say in it, mostly because it's being pushed as the system's best and biggest launch title, I have to agree, it does look good, it does sound good and from what I've seen it will play good too.

Watch Dogs also looks pretty good but I think it'll just be a AC game with a hacking skin, it looks suspiciously similar in almost every way.

#7 Edited by noobslaya1993 (117 posts) -

Killzone!! not only the best PS4 title, but the best title being launched overall imo. I wish Planetside 2 would be available at launch though lol

#8 Edited by good_sk8er7 (4235 posts) -

I would say Killzone Shadow Fall would probably show the most. I think the games of 2014 are going to be the ones that make current gen games bad.

#9 Posted by marcheegsr (2189 posts) -

I would choose Killzone sf to be the best one at this point.

But I really hope watch dogs delivers.

#10 Posted by Ravenous_Joker (30 posts) -

Easily it has to be Killzone.

#11 Posted by Outsider-G (2448 posts) -

Killzone: SF

#12 Posted by PAL360 (26306 posts) -

Battlefield 4

#13 Posted by Azzurri22 (167 posts) -

Like a multitude of others, I'd have to go with Killzone: Shadow Fall.

#14 Posted by R4gn4r0k (14464 posts) -

Killzone Shadow Fall

@starwarsjunky said:

day - AC4

I doubt they can change much in a year. The 1 year dev cycle is way too short to make any meaningful improvements in the series.

#15 Posted by sukraj (20586 posts) -

Killzone

#16 Posted by DamnILoveGames (119 posts) -

I believe it will be either Watchdogs, Killzone Shadow Fall or Infamous 3.

#17 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8267 posts) -

It's slim pickings I feel, but personally, Assassin's Creed Black Flag is the most enjoyable looking launch day game, and inFAMOUS Second Son is the most interesting game in the launch window. Other than those two (one being a cross gen game) I have no interest in anything. That's OK though. The games will come and I can wait.

#18 Posted by RimacBugatti (1051 posts) -

Killzone Shadowfall as far as launch title for sure. That game is looking to run almost as good as games on PC. Have to give a lot of credit to that little box to be able to push a game like that without having any overheating problems as far as we know.

#19 Edited by The_Last_Ride (65913 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

Killzone Shadow Fall

@The_Last_Ride said:

@starwarsjunky said:

day - AC4

I doubt they can change much in a year. The 1 year dev cycle is way too short to make any meaningful improvements in the series.

Different development team than 3, They got two teams working on it, so they have had two years at least on it

#21 Posted by CTR360 (6666 posts) -

killzone SF

#22 Edited by Aaron_R (14 posts) -

for launch title, i'm looking forward for AC4 because i want to enjoy the sea, it was awesome on the third.

#23 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65913 posts) -

@aaron_r said:

for launch title, i'm looking forward for AC4 because i want to enjoy the sea, it was awesome on the third.

It was cool, but i felt it was missing something and they didn't put the whole part of that game in AC3

#24 Posted by Aaron_R (14 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: i agree, it was great because i view it as a 'mini game'. Hope there will be a significant improvement in AC4

#25 Posted by x-2tha-z (8889 posts) -

I think it'll be Assassin's Creed IV.

#26 Edited by sukraj (20586 posts) -

I believe it will be either Watchdogs, Killzone Shadow Fall or Infamous 3.

Infamous 3 isn't a launch title lol.

#27 Posted by DamnILoveGames (119 posts) -

@sukraj: Whoops my mistake. I've known that for a while, too, so I don't know why I put that down.

#28 Posted by M3troids (15 posts) -

First of all, in here on Brazil , the ps4 Wiil come MUCH EXPENSIVE , R$3,999 (2,000 Dollars) Shet ,Its a expensive dream :(

#29 Posted by gamenerd15 (4385 posts) -

I would say Knack looks like the best title. I do not care if the graphics are not up to snuff with other games. I love cartoony platformers. Infamous is also coming in February. Three months of a wait for a cool franchise is not that bad. I am pretty sure Killzone will be cool, but I just never got into the franchise. Resogun looks cool. If Timesplitters Rewind ever gets released, then that will be awesome. All in all I want a PS4. I am sure the games Media Molecule and Naughty are working on will be fun. Other titles like Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy 15 will be on the system as well. Not trying to bring up other platforms, but I doubt that Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall will remain exclusive to Microsoft. Capcom has not made an exclusive title in years. Games such as Resident Evil 4, Dead Rising 1, Lost Planet 1, and Resident Evil: Revelations all went multiplatform eventually. The creators of Titanfall already said that they want the game to be available on multiple platforms. I do not care about either game. I am just pointing out what is most likely to happen.

#30 Posted by nyc05 (10148 posts) -

The PS4 launch title that I'm most excited for is Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag.

KIllzone Shadow Fall would come in at #2.

#31 Posted by MusashiSensi (9583 posts) -

@nyc05 said:

The PS4 launch title that I'm most excited for is Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag.

KIllzone Shadow Fall would come in at #2.

I agree. These are the only two launch titles I want.

#32 Edited by Megavideogamer (5180 posts) -

Seems to be Killzone Shadow Fall that is going to best the others Graphically. The best way to find out if the early PS4 games improve significantly over their PS3 is to Buy Madden 25 and compare to the PS3 version. If some of your friends are buying a PS3 version of a game that is also on PS4 as a launch title such as Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag. Then compare to see if their is any "real" improvement.

Keeping mind PS4 games will get better over time. So launch games are not the best example of what the PS4 is capable of. So you will have to select from the day 1 launch games for PS3. Watch Dogs looks awesome and DriveClub as well. but they are delayed until 2014. So Killzone shadow Fall is a good choice. Or you could go with Call of Duty Ghosts or Madden 25 at least you know what to expect with those 2 games. It did go with Cod since Riley the dog is a nice addition

#33 Posted by lensflare15 (6127 posts) -

Killzone, without question.

#34 Posted by ankor77 (926 posts) -

For me its Resogun. That game looks rediculous. I may get KZ just because of all the hubub about it but well see. Tbh im more excited for the xbox launch titles. Im getting both consoles.

In the launch window the order and infamous look great! Im excited to see what ps4/xb1 can do when developers learn the hardware more.

#35 Posted by DivineSword (15708 posts) -

Given how bad the launch lineup is for the PS4, Killzone wins out by default.

#36 Posted by hahamanin (510 posts) -

Killzone ofcourse....multi-platform really doesnt count and that too cross-gen multi platform

#37 Posted by FlavethesonPE1 (8 posts) -

I'm going with KZ

#38 Posted by Wallyh08 (535 posts) -

BF4, AC4 and FIFA14 are my top picks. Unfortunately ASDA aren't doing a bundle with either game, and I was planning on queuing outside for the midnight launch :( An extra £150 on games! Eeesh

#39 Posted by sukraj (20586 posts) -

@sukraj: Whoops my mistake. I've known that for a while, too, so I don't know why I put that down.

No problem lol

#40 Posted by soapman72 (2692 posts) -

Hands down War Thunder

#41 Edited by Digital_DJ_00 (1460 posts) -

It's ultimately based on taste on opinion... The most appealing exclusive launch title is with out a doubt Killzone: Shadow Fall. The most appealing non exclusive launch title is Battlefield 4. The most appealing launch window game is Infamous Second Son. The game I want the most for the PS4 is Deep Down and The Division.

The game I'll be buying at launch will undoubtedly be Killzone: Shadow Fall.

#42 Posted by Tqricardinho (332 posts) -

AC4