What is the Battlefield community on PS like?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

Chucking cod to the curb when I get the ps4 next week (can't come soon enough).

anyways BF looks more adult so I'm wondering what the community is like, I hated that cod is a bunch of 8 year olds but I did love the fact that there were hundreds of thousands of people playing at any given time.

#2 Edited by marcheegsr (2832 posts) -

In my experience of playing both cod and bf through out the years, I have noticed that the mature crowd tend to play more battlefield.

I think I have yet to come across a kid screaming out racial slurs every 2 minutes on the mic playing bf. But in Cod that happened daily.

#3 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

@marcheegsr: great to hear, what about the population numbers, like how how people play it a day

#4 Edited by GTR12 (9651 posts) -

@kingoflife9: It depends on the game type, eg; deathmatch has less people typically than conquest

#5 Posted by MoeAlza (115 posts) -

When I was playing BF3 on PS3, almost no one used the mic which surprised me a bit. Mature players though. People played to win yet have fun. Now that the PS4 will include a mic, more people will probably speak in BF4 but don't expect the same annoying kids though from COD.

#6 Edited by VirtualAntics (553 posts) -

Less Halo style jumping for starters. :D It's definitely about team work, the win etc and more of an open world feel. The matches feel longer too.

#7 Edited by Wallyh08 (535 posts) -

Less mics on this gen probably because we didn't get one included in the package when we bought the console. Expect more mic next gen!
As for community, i've come from the PC BF world and this is by far the closest i'll get to it

#8 Posted by marcheegsr (2832 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

@marcheegsr: great to hear, what about the population numbers, like how how people play it a day

Im not quite sure the numbers but I was playing battlefield 3 last night on ps3 and there was tons of servers filled with players. Battlefield has a large following so you will never have a problem finding a game.

Call of duty has a bigger population but that doesn't mean its the better game.

#9 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

@marcheegsr said:

@kingoflife9 said:

Im not quite sure the numbers but I was playing battlefield 3 last night on ps3 and there was tons of servers filled with players. Battlefield has a large following so you will never have a problem finding a game.

Call of duty has a bigger population but that doesn't mean its the better game.

yes true.

#10 Posted by SpiderLuke (523 posts) -

Quiet. lol

#11 Posted by SoNin360 (5501 posts) -

You'll find assholes no matter what game you're playing. However, with playing PS3 games online the main thing I've noticed is lack of mics. I don't have a problem with that because I don't use one, and I never really care to hear what people have to whine or shout about. So I tend to mute people. But having put decent time into Call of Duty and Battlefield in the past, I can say the Battlefield crowd is a bit more tame.

#12 Posted by clr84651 (5486 posts) -

@kingoflife9:

Battlefield on PS4 will be higher than battlefield on PS3, because way more people are going to go with PS4 this coming gen.

#13 Edited by craigalan23 (15879 posts) -

I have played Bf3 on both consoles and they both have an elitist community filled with server Nazi's that kick/ban/dictate which weapons cant be used. I assume BF4 will also has servers you can pay for so it will be exactly the same. The overall community is filled with the same group of people as well small children and pissed off teenagers. Neither have a better community but at least the cod community cant ban you for shooting stingers at their helicopter..