What happens if I turn of the PS3 during a download?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by bluej33 (687 posts) -

I was doing a background download of Lumines Supernova while playing Warhawk. When I was done playing, I turned of the system without even thinking that the download was still going on. Will this have any adverse effects on my system? Can I just resume the download when I turn the system back on, or what?

Thanks for your help.

#2 Posted by navstar29 (4036 posts) -
your download should resume once you turn it on ... why didnt you just turn your system back on and check :P
#3 Posted by Dogswithguns (10909 posts) -

your download should resume once you turn it on ... why didnt you just turn your system back on and check :Pnavstar29

Yeah, also on your XMB turn off options on the far left that will ask you if you want to turn off your system after downloading too, really cool option.

#4 Posted by smithbubbajones (416 posts) -
everything should be alright I did that when I was downloading WipEout HD. It's just like when downloading something like a demo or a video. It will just resume when you switch her back on.
#5 Posted by JamesKim1972 (41 posts) -

Damn bad bad news dude. Shouldn't have turned off the PS3 while downloading. Next time you turn it on your PS3 is gonna freakin' blow!!

On a serious note... your download will resume when you sign back in PSN. If it doesn't automatically resume just go to "downloads" and well... resume it. Yea, peace.

#6 Posted by 360hammer (2596 posts) -
I do it all the time and no problems.
#7 Posted by touchyourtoes (626 posts) -
You'll cause a tear in the time/space continuum and render life as we know it non-existant!
#8 Posted by GodofBigMacs (6440 posts) -
Nothing, I don't think... but turning it off during installation, on the otherhand.. is a problem...