What Happened to FFXIII VERSUS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yonikko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 yonikko
Member since 2011 • 99 Posts

Any new news or updates on FFXIII Versus? I feel like they abandoned it :( I'm really exited for this game but its missing in action.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

I personally feel that they silently scrapped the game. Its just way too quite over at SE about it. They got other games that are known to come out next year and VS XIII has not even been mentioned at all. Its been in development for a lot of years and it looks like SE are having problems. Either the game is dead or they are delaying it for 2013, or delaying it for the PS4.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

I personally feel that they silently scrapped the game. Its just way too quite over at SE about it. They got other games that are known to come out next year and VS XIII has not even been mentioned at all. Its been in development for a lot of years and it looks like SE are having problems. Either the game is dead or they are delaying it for 2013, or delaying it for the PS4.

WR_Platinum

Maybe they will pull a Metal Gear and allow another dev to work on it, like maybe Level5.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

isnt it the upcoming FFXIII-2 ? i though they just renamed it from VS to 2

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
iam not excited for versus any more i am tired
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

it became one of the most famous vapourwares in gaming history, that's what happened....

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

isnt it the upcoming FFXIII-2 ? i though they just renamed it from VS to 2

AmnesiaHaze

Nope, FF Versus XIII is a totally different game. It's an action RPG like Kingdom Hearts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkZvdT3QS4k - gameplay footage.

It's still in development as far as I know.

WhiteStormy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 WhiteStormy
Member since 2007 • 243 Posts

I lost interest in Versus about 3 years ago. That's just way to long for a game to be in development. I've actually lost interest in the Final Fantasy series in general. XIII was crap, the sequal looks like crap, I hated X and am not looking forward to the HD version. All of the games are convoluted and full of overly brooding emo characters.

This article sums up my feeling towards FF now.

http://www.destructoid.com/final-fantasy-officially-burnt-out-192700.phtml

Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

WR_Platinum

Actually there was an announcement few months back saying that the developement of the game has entered 100% phase or something like that. Nomura also said now that Type-0 is out and XIII-2 is almost out, it's the turn for Versus to shine.

drummer131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#10 drummer131
Member since 2004 • 3210 Posts
Well, let's hope so! XIII-2 looks very promising, but after that comes out, I definitely want to hear more about Versus. It looks so much darker and more intriguing than any other FF game I can think of.
yonikko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 yonikko
Member since 2011 • 99 Posts

[QUOTE="WR_Platinum"]

Swift_Boss_A

Maybe they will pull a Metal Gear and allow another dev to work on it, like maybe Level5.

Oh please no. Im still not giving up though. I'm really exited for a dark themed FF with blood and gore XP Hopefully it will put FF back on its feet.

Noname81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Noname81
Member since 2011 • 186 Posts

I haven't been interested in FF since they abandoned their open world turn based system. Now they're more worried about pretty graphics than story or gameplay. Ever since FF 12 the series started going downhill. If they made it more like the old school FF games then I might be interested, but I just don't care for these newer "action RPG's". I like being able to explore, I like the level grinding and the epic storylines. That's what makes a FF game. Not just pretty graphics.

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
I don't know but by now, I've lost complete interest in the game. I'm sorry but you don't announce a game and then 5 years later, not even have it come out.
toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 toddx77
Member since 2008 • 3395 Posts

Instead of making FFXIII-2 they should have just finished versus in the first place. I just have this terrible feeling that the reason for the delay is microsoft is trying to get SE to put the gam on 360 as well and when SE keeps saying they would have to tone down the graphics and take out content microsoft keeps trying to pay them off.

Tera_Bite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tera_Bite
Member since 2011 • 93 Posts

Square-Enix is hemorrhagingmoney due to its recent expansiveness. They are currently choosing to focus on games that will net them some money and raise consumer interest in their product. FF XIII-2 is looking very good, and they have FF-Type-0 coming out for the Psp, not to mention the huge dissapointment of a game that is FFIV. With the focus on three Final Fantasy games for this year, I think a fourth would be overkill.

WhiteStormy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WhiteStormy
Member since 2007 • 243 Posts

Square-Enix is hemorrhagingmoney due to its recent expansiveness. They are currently choosing to focus on games that will net them some money and raise consumer interest in their product. FF XIII-2 is looking very good, and they have FF-Type-0 coming out for the Psp, not to mention the huge dissapointment of a game that is FFIV. With the focus on three Final Fantasy games for this year, I think a fourth would be overkill.

Tera_Bite

I don't see how XIII-2 and Type 0 are a sure way to make money. FFXIII left a sour taste in many gamers' mouths so a lot of people may not be interested in its sequel regardless of the improvements, and Type 0 is a huge gamble because the PSP is a dead system. Especially with the Vita right on the horizon.

If anything FFIV, FFVI and other re-release of classic games are their safest bet for making money in the imediate future. They're also porting classic FF games onto the android market in Japan. It's likely that they'll do the same in the west.

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

FFXIII-2 is a slap in the face to all the FFXIIIVS fans and PS3 owners in general. Seriously it was announced along with FFXIII... before the PS3 was released.

Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jak-25
Member since 2007 • 2475 Posts

I thought Versus XIII was developed by one group in Square and XIII-2 was developed by another. Why are people blaming XIII-2 for Versus XIII coming out late? Also I thnk they are probably finishing up Versus XIII. I am looking forward to both XIII-2 and Versus XIII.

toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 toddx77

[QUOTE="Tera_Bite"]

WhiteStormy

I don't see how XIII-2 and Type 0 are a sure way to make money. FFXIII left a sour taste in many gamers' mouths so a lot of people may not be interested in its sequel regardless of the improvements, and Type 0 is a huge gamble because the PSP is a dead system. Especially with the Vita right on the horizon.

If anything FFIV, FFVI and other re-release of classic games are their safest bet for making money in the imediate future. They're also porting classic FF games onto the android market in Japan. It's likely that they'll do the same in the west.

I think SE is still trying to cahs in on that casual call of duty crowd that loves linear games. They even said FFXIII was modeled after call of duty and seeing how well call of duty has done, SE is probably thinking that if they make their main franchise yearly or add sequels more often it will make them more money. As for the psp, in japan I think that system might be more popular. The PS2 even had new exclusive games coming out for it in 09 in japan since japanese people will use their systems longer. The only other reason as to why I can think XIII-2 was made when versus was already being worked on was that SE wanted to develop the Final Fantasy XIII world which shouldnt matter since versus takes place in a different time, or SE wants to get as many final fantasy fans as possible before versus comes out. Either way SE got too far off track with their original plans.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

FFXIII-2 is a slap in the face to all the FFXIIIVS fans and PS3 owners in general. Seriously it was announced along with FFXIII... before the PS3 was released.

DealRogers
its PS3 owners fault that SE has been a complete and total f*ck up this gen and that its SE fault that all there games take forever to come out. People are still waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3, many thought it would of been out by 2008, 2012 is around the corner and not even a rumor has pop'd up about KH3
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

[QUOTE="WR_Platinum"]

finalserenade75

Actually there was an announcement few months back saying that the developement of the game has entered 100% phase or something like that. Nomura also said now that Type-0 is out and XIII-2 is almost out, it's the turn for Versus to shine.

Yeah I knew about the annoucment that the game was done with the story line and pretty much the rest of the game and all was left was the VA. That was like last year and it became quiet again. This points out to me that something is terribly wrong for taking so long. SE just recently apalogized about VS taking so long. I think thats just telling me that they are cancelling the project silently and maybe people will forget. Trully sad, but what can expect from SE these days.

toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 toddx77

[QUOTE="DealRogers"]

Nengo_Flow

its PS3 owners fault that SE has been a complete and total f*ck up this gen and that its SE fault that all there games take forever to come out. People are still waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3, many thought it would of been out by 2008, 2012 is around the corner and not even a rumor has pop'd up about KH3

How is it ps3 onwers fault? I know blu ray was hard for developers to work with but I can't imagine that being the reason.