What game are you going to play first on your PS4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by jukev2424 (244 posts) 10 months, 25 days ago

Poll: What game are you going to play first on your PS4? (65 votes)

Battlefield 4 12%
Call of Duty: Ghosts 12%
Killzone 40%
Assassin's Creed 14%
Knack 6%
NBA 2K14 5%
Other 11%
#1 Edited by ghstbstr (8790 posts) -

If I get a PS4 before the end of january then I will do the $9.99 PS3 to PS4 upgrade of Assassin's Creed Black Flag, but I will also get Killzone Shadow Fall.

#2 Edited by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

Destiny.

Hopefully there will be a PS4/Destiny bundle when the time comes for the game's release.

#3 Posted by RiKanKiDD (1058 posts) -

I have Killzone already but im going to play Assassin's Creed 4 first

#4 Edited by marcheegsr (2528 posts) -

Killzone because it was the first gameplay of the ps4 at e3 that I saw and was blown away.

Also Need for speed rivals should be on that list. As of today it was now a launch title. Got bumped up from the 22nd to the 15th. Im glad we are getting a racer at launch since drive club got delayed.

#5 Edited by jukev2424 (244 posts) -

@marcheegsr: haven't played a need for speed in a whille, might have to get this one down the line.

#6 Posted by spike6958 (4716 posts) -

Can't choose. I'm getting KZ, AC4, Knack and BF4. Might actually get Knack out of the way first. Might try and make it my first Platinum title for the PS4.

#7 Posted by ankor77 (947 posts) -

Other, RESOGUN!!! I just watched IGNs stream for 25 mins or so and my god that game looks fantastic. I will spend hours with that game, Killzone will have to wait.

#8 Posted by blamix99 (1713 posts) -

getting killzoneSF and ac4 with my ps4, i don't know which to play 1st

#9 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (5843 posts) -

Either Killzone or Knack.

#10 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70921 posts) -

AC IV and then Battlefield

#11 Posted by GameRNurse822 (14 posts) -

I just saw the ultra high resolution video of KZ and I must say I'm thoroughly impressed. This will be my first play on my PS4. I'm going to Gamestop today to pick it up. My first play on the XBox One is definitely going to be Forza Motorsports 5. I'm a big fan of this series and cannot wait to play that!!!

#12 Posted by bezza2011 (2395 posts) -

I'm getting Fifa14 and Knack, first off and at christmas i intend to get Killzone.

I'll be playing Knack first as this is the first unqiue game for the ps4 so i'll get that out the way and complete it, plus it will keep my mrs happy that sort of game so the whole price of everything won't hit her hard hahahahaha lol

#13 Posted by sukraj (22296 posts) -

I'm not getting a PS4 but if I did get one I would play Killzone and Knack.

#14 Posted by Shadow-Elite (18289 posts) -

Probably Killzone. Or Knack

#15 Edited by SoNin360 (5390 posts) -

I don't feel the need to get a PS4 until at least Infamous: Second Son comes out. So that will likely be the first game I play on it. Concerning launch games, I want to play Killzone, but I'm simply not going to pay full price for a shooter I have moderate interest in, so I'll probably hold off on that.

#16 Posted by NYSea (14 posts) -

Getting KZ, FIFA, 2K, Madden and Ghosts... Either KZ or 2K. Maybe start an Association game in 2K and play a few games... Just looks like the best graphical example of what next gen systems can do.

#17 Posted by jukev2424 (244 posts) -

@nysea: I am also torn b/w KZ and 2K. Might go with KZ.

#18 Posted by NYSea (14 posts) -

@jukev2424: Honestly after seeing that high bit-rate footage that was released today, the decision just got WAY harder... But something about the possibility of seeing Bosh do that ostrich-like thing after a dunk in next gen graphics keeps swaying me back towards 2K.

#19 Edited by Ovirew (6325 posts) -

On the night of the 14th me and my gf are planning on going to the midnight release. When we get home I'll get everything hooked up, and then we'll probably check out the new system dashboard and set up our accounts and all that good stuff, see what the UI is like.

Then, I'm gonna pop in Knack and mess around on it for a while.

After that, I'll probably download Contrast, and maybe Resogun, and see what they're like.

And maybe upload a video of my first moments on the PS4! XD

#20 Posted by CoUGHB (11 posts) -

Hopefully Killzone or AC4!

#21 Posted by MoeAlza (115 posts) -

Either COD or BF4. Depends on which my friend wants to play first.

#22 Posted by VintAge68 (408 posts) -

I still hope I will be able to get the PS4 KZ edition at some point, so this will surely be the first game to be played thereon.

#23 Edited by craigalan23 (15879 posts) -

More than likely Killzone because BF4 will probably be unplayable at launch. Those are the two games I am getting right away but I am considering getting AC IV as well.

#24 Posted by PinkiePirate (2086 posts) -

Which ever one finishes downloading first. Didn't pick up any physical games.

#25 Posted by yokofox33 (29402 posts) -

Ass Creed 4. Then Killzone. Then Resogun.

I haven't finished AC3 yet, but that game is just painful to get through.

#26 Posted by vacaS5oi (18 posts) -

@Ovirew said:

On the night of the 14th me and my gf are planning on going to the midnight release. When we get home I'll get everything hooked up, and then we'll probably check out the new system dashboard and set up our accounts and all that good stuff, see what the UI is like.

After that, I'll probably download Contrast, and maybe Resogun, and see what they're like.

Why not download while playing Knack? It will be possible now :D.

#27 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8796 posts) -

Most likely inFAMOUS Second Son.

#28 Posted by Videodogg (12557 posts) -

Well, while my Killzone, COD and Knack download in the background, i will probably play Resogun or Contrast first because they are much smaller games to download. Which ever game says i can play first.

#29 Posted by Swedish_Chef (617 posts) -

Need for Speed

#30 Posted by immiz (8 posts) -

Getting BF4 and FIFA this Christmas !!!

#31 Posted by SoAmazingBaby (2740 posts) -

Killzone

#32 Posted by RimacBugatti (1194 posts) -

My first game was going to be Driveclub but now I'm almost certain even though I will have KZSF and Need for Speed Rivals I'm going with NFSR's first for sure. Thank goodness for a driving game at launch.

#33 Posted by CTR360 (6990 posts) -

killzone SF

#34 Posted by dipdish (867 posts) -

FIFA 14 or AC IV: Black Flag, I guess.

#35 Posted by Ovirew (6325 posts) -

@vacas5oi said:

@Ovirew said:

Right you are! I will simply have to do that!!!

And since I posted that, we learned that both Contrast and Resogun will be free for launch PS4 owners for 1 month, so shoot, that worked out really well for me.

I still don't know if I'd rather buy them outright or stay subscribed to PSN if I like them. I guess I couldn't play Resogun online without PSN, so that makes that option more tempting. But what will I spend that $10 on? Decisions, decisions...

#36 Posted by vacaS5oi (18 posts) -

@Ovirew said:

@vacas5oi said:

@Ovirew said:

Right you are! I will simply have to do that!!!

And since I posted that, we learned that both Contrast and Resogun will be free for launch PS4 owners for 1 month, so shoot, that worked out really well for me.

I still don't know if I'd rather buy them outright or stay subscribed to PSN if I like them. I guess I couldn't play Resogun online without PSN, so that makes that option more tempting. But what will I spend that $10 on? Decisions, decisions...

Same decisions for me!

#37 Posted by GhettoBlastin92 (1148 posts) -

Hopefully KZ, but I've got BF4 and ACBF too.