What are your honest opinions on COD:Ghost and BF4

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by hardyz200 (543 posts) -

To me they both look great but the only problem i have with BF4 is that im not sure if those moments were scripted during the E3 demo

#2 Posted by Basinboy (11104 posts) -

If you're playing either for SP, you're doing it wrong

#3 Posted by Papadrach (1965 posts) -
Just got done playing BF3 on pc. I've sunk alot of hours into it, like general rank 4 or whatever. I then went to play cod bo2 on my ps3 cause I've been wanting to play cod for some reason. Played like 4 matches and had to turn it off due to all of the annoying things that CoD has become since cod4 and WaW. The BF series has never annoyed me. I can play it without getting frustrated over some aspect of the game, where this happens in cod, specially mw2> up cods. Ill be playing bf3 on pc until bf4 on pc. Then ill end up buying both COD ghosts and BF4 for ps4, but if ghosts is anything like mw2 through bo2, I will not play alot of it. At all. It sickens me thinking about what cods become. High hopes for bf4's MP as well as an alright SP
#4 Posted by CTR360 (7049 posts) -
i buy both games on ps4
#5 Posted by Raziel831991 (460 posts) -

To me they both look like generic garbage

#6 Posted by MondasM (1240 posts) -
i'll buy and play both of them, as for mp, almost all of my friends play cod series religiously and i am getting a bit tired of the same type (we play hctdm only), i have been trying to switch them over to bf, however since they are cod players they do die a lot and rage quit, so we stick to cod... hopefully this time they'll stick with bf, i had a blast with bf:bc and bf:bc2... :)
#7 Posted by Stinger78 (5826 posts) -
If they are as good as other games in their series, then I will probably enjoy them. However, I find it difficult to have much of an opinion on games I haven't played.
#8 Posted by Supes_24 (91 posts) -
Though both interest me, I'm going with CoD: Ghosts. Reason is they are changing the story and paying more attention to the SP this time and last time they did that was Modern Warfare, which IMO was the best FPS to date. As for MP, I rarely play anyways so I'll play it a bit and probably trade it in for $45 and pick up something else. That's my plan anyways.
#9 Posted by Jackc8 (8500 posts) -

I have absolutely no interest in either of them.

#10 Posted by DenzelFreeman (100 posts) -
For online I feel battlefield will blow cod out the water. The 32 vs 32 man games is epic and something cod can't achieve. Cod will have a better campaign but it will be short and not worth 60 dollars as always. Personally i am gettig battlefield Four. I also enjoy the realism more over the cod franchise.
#11 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8465 posts) -
BF4 will be awesome. Its my fav FPS seriers.
#12 Posted by Young_Charter (19870 posts) -
BF4 will be awesome. Its my fav FPS seriers. AutoPilotOn
This. And TC needs to put up a poll.
#13 Posted by Videodogg (12568 posts) -

Hey, you know what...i like them both. Yes they are all starting to look the same and play the same. but i always have fun shooting up people or tying to anyway. Im not a serious player. My kill/ death ratio is very poor. But online shooters are alway fun and enjoyable. Battlefield seems like more work is involved to succeed and i have a hard time with flying helicopters lol. But military shooters like these always look and sound good and are good for a quick fix. People always hate on COD and the like, but maybe they are taking these games too seriously or something.

#14 Posted by unrealtron (3148 posts) -
I'm looking forward to BF4. Bored of COD.
#15 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

Looking forward to BF4 since it looks amazing, not too sure about COD Ghost just yet.

#16 Posted by SolidTy (42914 posts) -

I feel like I'm burned out of COD brand, so BF4 wins by default.

I'll give both a chance though when the time comes.

#17 Posted by Deadman_est1982 (1188 posts) -

I can't stand BF's graphics.  BF3 on PS3 looked so generic I had to quit.  BO2 has horrible multiplyer.  With that being said, I won't get getting either.  I'll stick with Killzone.  I enjoy that series so much better than COD or BF.

#18 Posted by Lostboy1224 (3426 posts) -
BF4 will be nice to see what has changed from the last game. Adding more players will mix things up for the console crowd. I really like the team work and the way the guns feel in the Battlefield series. Getting wore out on COD for now. Might try it down the road, but would rather have something different to play.
#19 Posted by The_Rick_14 (9945 posts) -
My honest opinion is that I haven't seen nearly enough gameplay yet to form a significant opinion.
#20 Posted by Ps3winzGS (1 posts) -

Slightly interested in BF4, couldn't care less about Ghosts. BF4 looks like BF3 but with more players. I'm sure the dynamic destruction will be fun and all but to me it doesnt justify a $60 purchase. Ghosts, visually, looks similar to Call of Duty 4, and the gameplay hasnt changed much either. Lack of innovation means boring gameplay :/

#21 Posted by XplicitVibe (28 posts) -
I am not a CoD fanboy but I really did enjoy black ops 2 and earning score streaks! Definitely getting ghost. Tbh I have never played a battlefield game before but BF4 looks freaking amazing! I noticed controlled tanks, jets, and helicopters... are these vehicles just sitting around for anyone or do you have to earn them like CoD scorestreaks?
#22 Posted by SolidTy (42914 posts) -

I am not a CoD fanboy but I really did enjoy black ops 2 and earning score streaks! Definitely getting ghost. Tbh I have never played a battlefield game before but BF4 looks freaking amazing! I noticed controlled tanks, jets, and helicopters... are these vehicles just sitting around for anyone or do you have to earn them like CoD scorestreaks?XplicitVibe

Sitting around for anyone. Try a BF game sometime.

#23 Posted by Stinger78 (5826 posts) -

[QUOTE="XplicitVibe"]I am not a CoD fanboy but I really did enjoy black ops 2 and earning score streaks! Definitely getting ghost. Tbh I have never played a battlefield game before but BF4 looks freaking amazing! I noticed controlled tanks, jets, and helicopters... are these vehicles just sitting around for anyone or do you have to earn them like CoD scorestreaks?SolidTy

Sitting around for anyone. Try a BF game sometime.

To add to this, if you have a reasonable PC from the past 5 years, you should check out the Battlefield 2 complete collection. BF 2 was awesome, even with bots. Hopping into planes, helicopters, boats, atv's, jeeps, etc. and just travelling around the maps. Then you have the bonus FPS gameplay :)
#24 Posted by SoulSnare (16 posts) -

meh , they both did not makes me interested at all

COD:Ghost is pretty much generic FPS right now on the market

but BF4 graphics look awesome imo and that building destruction on E3..wow

#25 Posted by GStephenson (17 posts) -

am more of a battlefield fan myself i like the realism and the option of land sea and air... and cant deny 64 player wars on ps4 is going to kick ass, every year i say i wont buy cod but i always do aint biased against any of them i enjoy both and to be honest  looking foward to see what cod is bringin to the table with next gen, mainly because as enjoyable as the cods are they really are all the same

#26 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71397 posts) -
Battlefield 4 looks awesome
#27 Posted by slim_chance (319 posts) -
COD has broken code. The lag is disgusting at times. Ghost should be addressing these issues. The single player looks better on BF4 though. Graphics look amazing. MP is fun on both. BF3 and Cod Black ops2 both had shit that pissed me off. BF3 vehicles are OP. I hate out gunning a tank with my tank only to get taken out because they have more unlocks. Plus regenerating health on vehicles is dumb. Capping flags without getting out of your vehicle is dumb. Flying is way to hard. Why? I heard it was easier on other games. It is easier when you get use to it. But many people don't have the time or **** to give to unlock the attachments for vehicles.
#28 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

Call of Duty: Ghosts looks like a current-gen game visually, and though the gunplay might improve on the weak mechanics currently going, I doubt it'll be anything special.

Battlefield 4 on the other hand looks like a true next-gen experience. The graphics are immediately striking, and the shooting and explosions look fantastic.

#29 Posted by SoNin360 (5450 posts) -
I'm at the point where I really don't care for either. The first Black Ops was the last Call of Duty I played for an extended amount of time (rented MW3 and thought it was very meh) and I didn't put a whole lot of time into BF3 before I got tired of it. I'm a little disappointed to see no news regarding Bad Company, because I really liked Bad Company 2, and that was probably the last online FPS I really got into. Still, I think I'm done with the whole playing online competitive shooters, it's just the same crap over and over. And it's not like I'm going to touch either game for their single player campaigns. After all that said, Battlefield still looks more impressive overall, though Call of Duty will probably always be the more fluid game to play.
#30 Posted by nyc05 (10183 posts) -

If you're playing either for SP, you're doing it wrong

Basinboy

If you assume you're the authority on how people should play their games, you're doing everything wrong.

To answer the question, I'm not big on either game.  I suppose I prefer CoD to Battlefield, pretty much because all I care about is the single player campaigns.  CoD games tend to have at least somewhat fun campaigns, IMO, so I default to that series.

Can't say either one is of much interest to me right now, though.  I have no intention to buy either at launch.  I will probably get Ghosts at some point when its price more closely matches my interest level.

#31 Posted by GhettoBlastin92 (1148 posts) -
I will be owning them both, that is my honest opinion on them.
#32 Posted by the2ndvalentine (3 posts) -

Usually I'm freaking out about Call of Duty and web searching it for new info or leaks the months leading up to it. This year, I watched the press conference/reveal and that's it before or after. I could not care less. Yes it will probably be fun, but... I don't enjoy it like I used to. I've been playing a lot of BF and there are just so many different ways to play vs COD. For instance: With COD, you spawn and have maybe 3 paths to take... shoot... die... repeat. I never realized how boring that was until I really dug in to BF3. Do I want to jump on a dirt bike? Helicopter? Tank? Transport? Take the low road and flank? Sneak through the trees and snipe? I can literally play exactly how I want. It's great. I'm completely in the BF camp now. No need for me to be forced to play a certain way. I still may pick up CODG, but I doubt it will be this year. I've played BO2 maybe 3-4 times in the last 6 months. And I play video games just about everyday. Haven't missed it and it just seems way too easy. Ghosts will be more of the same.

#33 Posted by CyberLips (1823 posts) -

Usually I'm freaking out about Call of Duty and web searching it for new info or leaks the months leading up to it. This year, I watched the press conference/reveal and that's it before or after. I could not care less. Yes it will probably be fun, but... I don't enjoy it like I used to. I've been playing a lot of BF and there are just so many different ways to play vs COD. For instance: With COD, you spawn and have maybe 3 paths to take... shoot... die... repeat. I never realized how boring that was until I really dug in to BF3. Do I want to jump on a dirt bike? Helicopter? Tank? Transport? Take the low road and flank? Sneak through the trees and snipe? I can literally play exactly how I want. It's great. I'm completely in the BF camp now. No need for me to be forced to play a certain way. I still may pick up CODG, but I doubt it will be this year. I've played BO2 maybe 3-4 times in the last 6 months. And I play video games just about everyday. Haven't missed it and it just seems way too easy. Ghosts will be more of the same.

This. I have more fun playing the BF4 BETA than i have playing Black Ops 2 that i bought for 60 euros....

#34 Edited by PumpkinBoogie (3366 posts) -

To be honest, I don't care for either.....FPS bore me, actually.

#35 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5993 posts) -

Neither interest me whatsoever.

#36 Posted by WR_Platinum (4667 posts) -

After playing so much of COD, it is just over saturated to the point where the sopposed changes end up being the same game with the same and extra problems. Black Ops 2 is by far the worst COD since MW2 in terms of glitches, terrible lag, terrible matchmaking system, followed by what treyarch shouldn't ever done and that nerfing every single weapon to the point that they felt like marshmellows. How does a C4 a point blank range kill someone even with flak jacket? So much for "realism".

Battlefield 3 was not much in my interest as i was not really impressed with is attempt to be like COD, I expected it to be much more interesting, but sadly I didnt feel that way. I guess maybe because I'm getting bored of shooters, at times i do want to play em. Battlefield 4 is looking decent, I played the beta, its kool, but I'm not sure if I really want to spend money on it. Having too much fun in GTA Online to care.

#37 Posted by dipdish (868 posts) -

So many gamers complain about these games, and some decidedly claim they don't really care, but these games actually sell great. Guilty pleasure? = )

#38 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

Well, I'm a big CoD fan.

As for BF, I don't really like it. Too slow.

#39 Edited by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

@mitu123 said:

Looking forward to BF4 since it looks amazing, not too sure about COD Ghost just yet.

me too, i never played a BF game. it looks more mature, as in the decisions you need to make during a match, its not just run and gun like cod.

#40 Edited by marcheegsr (2585 posts) -

I gave up on the call of duty series after black ops 1. Its just the same thing over and over.

Ill be getting bf4 because the battlefield games makes combat feel like your in a actual war with team work.

#41 Posted by Doom_HellKnight (12198 posts) -

Ghosts looks like it'll be more fun to play than the Battlefield 4 beta was.

#42 Edited by The_Last_Ride (71397 posts) -

@hardyz200: I am just looking forward to Battlefield. COD has just become so generic after Black Ops, hell the gameplay in Black Ops was generic, but had a really good singleplayer story

#43 Posted by lensflare15 (6181 posts) -

Battlefield 4 is the only one I would consider getting, but I'm not really in the mood for military shooters right now. I might get it down the road.

#44 Posted by Morphic (4342 posts) -

lol honest opinion? yeah because we were all lying before when we said if we hated it or not.

#45 Posted by firefox59 (4379 posts) -

@Morphic said:

lol honest opinion? yeah because we were all lying before when we said if we hated it or not.

I think OP is saying to forget fanboy bias and give your opinion on the new games. It is a new gen afterall so the games have the potential to be different....even though they both look life direct sequels to the past.

#46 Edited by ewalthour (707 posts) -

Probably get neither one but IF Cod has innovative gameplay besides what I have seen lately from the series,then Cod is depended on review

#47 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4321 posts) -

I'm not getting Ghosts. Haven't wasted money on the franchise since MW2, and I'm not going to start now.

As for BF4, If I wasn't getting it for next gen consoles I would probably just stick with BF3.

#48 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71397 posts) -

I'm not getting Ghosts. Haven't wasted money on the franchise since MW2, and I'm not going to start now.

yeah, i bought BLOPS 1 and i was sadly dissapointed, i learned my lesson the hard way

#49 Posted by Megavideogamer (5377 posts) -

I kinda like the idea of Riley The Dog for Call of Duty ghosts. But Battlefield 4 is the better game. Depends which first person shooter series you like more.

#50 Posted by Arthas045 (5177 posts) -

Both franchises are past their prime....