What are the top 5 PS4 games so far?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

I know the release of games has sort of been a slow lately, but what would you say are the top 5 ps4 games that came out so far? I am a little pissed that there haven't been any real RPG's out yet.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

1. Tomb Raider DE

2. Child of Light

3. Infamous SS

4. AC IV

5. Knack

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts
  • Outlast
  • Infamous Second Son
  • Killzone Shadow Fall

I can only think of 3 to be quite honest, and these are deserving of the title. The rest of them didn't do it for me, Shadow Fall barely made it on the list but I've played much worse.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

1 infamous SS 2 tomb raider DE 3 killzone SF 4 BF4 5 COD ghosts

crewe8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By crewe8
Member since 2008 • 703 Posts

For me there is only 2.. BF4 & FIFA .

Would like to play MGS and Assasins creed but waiting for watchdogs.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Battlefield 4

AC Black flag

Outlast

Infamous SS

Fifa 14

rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rogelio22
Member since 2006 • 2477 Posts

Infamous ss

Ac black flag

Bf4

Nfs rivals

Thats it for me

Praisedasun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Praisedasun
Member since 2013 • 504 Posts

Are there even 5?

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

@Praisedasun:

sarcasm, you are doing it wrong... :P

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

1. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

2. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

3. Child of Light

4. Mercenary Kings

5. Infamous: Second Son

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

AC: Black Flag definitely needs to be up there.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#12 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

The only one i have tried that i have liked are:

Battlefield 4( i haven't had any issues)

Resogun

Assassin's Creed IV

Cupcakegirl53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cupcakegirl53
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I like AC Black Flag and Tomb Raider

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

MGS5

Outlast

KZ: Shadow Fall

AC: Cry Freedom

COD: Ghost....YES I SAID IT, COD!!! lol

WarFrame

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

1. Child of Light (love it!)

2. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

3. Resogun

4. Zen Pinball (Star Wars tables rock)

5. Pinball Arcade

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#16 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

ACIV

Infamous: Second Son

Battlefield 4

Fifa

Killzone

GiantAssPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GiantAssPanda
Member since 2011 • 1885 Posts

Apparently there aren't any.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

I noticed a lot of people said AC black flag...I haven never been a big AC fan for some reason...mostly because it never had rig elements for such a big game.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BattleSpectre

@ps4hasnogames said:

I noticed a lot of people said AC black flag...I haven never been a big AC fan for some reason...mostly because it never had rig elements for such a big game.

I played and finished AC4 and was not a fan of it, did not like the game at all so that's why it didn't make it on my list. I just found the game carried on for too long and got a little repetitive in my opinion.

Let's be honest half the time (if not more than half) you were at sea on your ship floating to your next destination. Maybe I've grown sick of the Assassins Creed series in general but either way I will not be buying the new one.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

i haven't been an ac fan since the first game, it was too repetitive for my taste although i do not mind grinding in games, however due to my love for the sid meier's pirates game, i jumped on black flag and i have liked it a lot, the variety of things to do made me forget the repetitive side of the game, where i could mix things up by doing different type of missions back-to-back... plus the sea animation is great... :D

The_X_Factor_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 The_X_Factor_9
Member since 2009 • 503 Posts

1. Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes: I'm an MGS fanatic, and in my honest opinion, this is the best example of a true next generation game. Everything about this game (mission) screams quality. The lighting, shadows, AI, sound, mission structure, controls, design, atmosphere, and environmental interactivity all impressed me very much. This has given me 100% complete confidence that MGS V: The Phantom Pain will be among the best of this generation.

2. Tomb Raider Definitive Edition: Playing it right now...glad I stopped playing the PS3 version about an hour in. The bar has been set pretty high for 3rd person action games for the rest of the generation. On sale for $30 on PSN right now!

3. Assassins Creed IV: Hadn't played an Assassins Creed game since the second. This was a really, really pleasant surprise. No question, the best launch title and for me, my favorite Assassins Creed. Not too much to say with regards to story, but the exploration aspect of this game was well done.

4. Battlefield 4: Maybe I'm just lucky, but I never ran into major issues online...an awesome experience.

5. inFamous Second Son: I really enjoyed the original game. The second was pretty good too, though it lacked some of the charm of the first. I came into Second Son with high hopes and expectations. The game has unique, fun powers to use, great sound design, and looks great, but it lacks soul. I enjoyed completing it 100%, but I don't really have any desire to do it again if that makes any sense. Probably worth waiting for a sale.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#22  Edited By Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

Assassins Creed IV

Infamous: Second Son

Fifa14

Battlefield 4

Tomb Raider

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

I played and finished AC4 and was not a fan of it, did not like the game at all so that's why it didn't make it on my list. I just found the game carried on for too long and got a little repetitive in my opinion.

Let's be honest half the time (if not more than half) you were at sea on your ship floating to your next destination. Maybe I've grown sick of the Assassins Creed series in general but either way I will not be buying the new one.

It was repetitive, but that's the nature of the series. A lot of the same type of missions - sneak in here, scale that wall, button mash the hell out of the controller when you're spotted, etc. It was still a decent game though. Adding the ship battles was a breath of fresh air into the series.

As far as the new one, I'll have to see what it's like when it releases. I'm not one to pre-order another AC game like in the past. I think it's getting to be too much like the COD series with a new release every Fall.

KingSlayer047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KingSlayer047
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

A top 5 is tough.

1. Battlefield 4

2. Call of Duty Ghosts

3. inFamous Second Son

4. MLB The Show 14

5. Assassin's Creed: Black Flag

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

The only game that has so far kept my attention is FFXIV: A Realm Reborn. I'll give it my number #1 even though it has a few issues.

Granted there are a few I have not played (Second Son, BF4, and a couple others).

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BattleSpectre

@jasean79 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

It was repetitive, but that's the nature of the series. A lot of the same type of missions - sneak in here, scale that wall, button mash the hell out of the controller when you're spotted, etc. It was still a decent game though. Adding the ship battles was a breath of fresh air into the series.

As far as the new one, I'll have to see what it's like when it releases. I'm not one to pre-order another AC game like in the past. I think it's getting to be too much like the COD series with a new release every Fall.

The ship battles were alright, but a little clunky with the controls in my opinion. Only reason I chose to attack other ships was so I can get loot and upgrade my own ship (which was needed later on in the game, when missions on sea became a lot more difficult, and you were pretty much forced to upgrade your ship or you'd always pretty much die).

But yeah they're releasing the games way too early every year, if they paced themselves it could become something to look forward to. Instead of just sighing and saying, "oh great another Assassins Creed release". I would buy the next one only if it was set in Ancient Egypt, or Ancient Greece. That along with them changing the combat system (improving it rather) and adding more variety to their missions, and make them less repetitive. That's the only way I'm buying another one.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

I suppose I could rank the 5 best PS4 games but, to be honest, I feel that I would have to include games not because they're good, but because I had to pick 5, and I don't want to do that.

I'll just say that, in my opinion, the best and only must-have PS4 game is Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition.

Sure, inFAMOUS, Assassin's Creed IV, Resogun and maybe a few others are decent enough games, just not worthy of being included on a "best of" list, and certainly not on a "must buy" list, at least for me.

Just my opinion, but the PS4 is desperately lacking in quality games worthy of being purchased. As this is Sony we're talking about, I have complete and total faith that awesome games will come; it's what they do best, IMO. Unfortunately, however, that doesn't make the here and now any less painful.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

I have not played that many games. Infamous was pretty good, but not as fun as the PS3 games. Resogun is pretty awesome for a small downloadable title. Knack was fun if you go into it with the right mindset. People thought it was another Ratchet or Sly Cooper, but it was not aiming to be like any of those games. You have limited amount of moves, but the game revolves around timing.

Other games that I have heard to be good are Assassins Creed 4, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, and MLB The Show. Transistor also looks like a cool game coming at the end of the month. The PS4 has some pretty cool games in such a short period of time.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#29 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@shellcase86 said:

AC: Black Flag definitely needs to be up there.

That was my GOTY last year

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

BF and Final Fantasy are fun...