watch dogs on ps3 or ps4.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by hardyz200 (543 posts) -

I will most likely get it on the ps4 however australia might get ps4 later than when america gets it so it the ps4 version may release earlier but the ps4 version will be the superior version. So what version should I get or will u get. And sorry for any bad spelling its my phone 

#2 Posted by IC3_C0LD_ZERO (297 posts) -

I will most likely get it on the ps4 however australia might get ps4 later than when america gets it so it the ps4 version may release earlier but the ps4 version will be the superior version. So what version should I get or will u get. And sorry for any bad spelling its my phone 

hardyz200
You should wait and get the PS4 version, same applies to every other game that releases on both PS3 and PS4.
#3 Posted by kungfool69 (2583 posts) -

or just wait till the game gets renamed Assassin's creed 4 ;) amirite?

#4 Posted by nyc05 (10184 posts) -

I'll be getting Watch Dogs on the PS4.

#5 Posted by Sokol4ever (6324 posts) -

Since I plan to pick up PS4 this Christmas, (assuming it's actually released this year), I will pretty much purchase PS4 version and every other game that comes for both PS3/PS4. 

#6 Posted by Texas2089 (16464 posts) -
If you're definitely buying the PS4 then no reason not get it on PS4, even if it does mean a bit of a wait. You'd only be cheating yourself.
#7 Posted by Zoza24 (61 posts) -

PS4

#8 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9467 posts) -

PS4 unless you enjoy tons of pop-in, low resolution textures and terrible draw distances. Watch has no business being current gen systems.

#9 Posted by Spartan_N7 (581 posts) -
Im getting it as soon as it comes out. If it has multiplayer, then I'll be picking it up on my Xbox. If not, PS3. I wont be getting a PS4 until next tax season at the earliest, so yeah lol.
#10 Posted by Mrmedia01 (1917 posts) -

Get the best version, either the PS4 or Xbox 720 should have the best versions.

#11 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -
I would get the PS4 version.
#12 Posted by DarkBloodPrince (470 posts) -

i thought Watch Dogs was a Next Gen exclusive

#13 Posted by Mrmedia01 (1917 posts) -

i thought Watch Dogs was a Next Gen exclusive

DarkBloodPrince

Naw Xbox 360, PS3, WiiU, PS4, Xbox 720.

Obvous that they have next gen in mind with this game though and the best version will be on next gen platforms.

#14 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
im from aus too. If you are planning on getting a ps4, i would just wait.. why play the inferior version if you are going to buy a system which is better and will play better on.
#15 Posted by Dogswithguns (10899 posts) -
PS3.. cuz I won't be getting the PS4 rightaway.
#16 Posted by SoNin360 (5652 posts) -
Won't be getting a PS4 right away, so I'll probably just play in on the PS3. Though I will still be working on my backlog and might just wait until I'm ready to buy a PS4 to play Watch Dogs. Guess I really don't know yet.
#17 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18415 posts) -
Already have mine preordered on PS3 and will swap it to PS4 when its possible.
#18 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9467 posts) -

Already have mine preordered on PS3 and will swap it to PS4 when its possible.Rattlesnake_8

Watch Dogs will be a PS4 launch title and Ubisoft has it will easily be the best console version and probably better than most PCs can run it.

#19 Posted by CTR360 (7358 posts) -
PS4
#20 Posted by sukraj (23782 posts) -

PS4

#21 Posted by Bigboi500 (30874 posts) -

I'm getting it on another system that I'm not supposed to talk about on this board.

#22 Posted by RE4WiiGirl (1144 posts) -

If you are already planning on buying the PS4, then I would say buy it for that as it has exclusive extra content and an additional 1 hour of gameplay, if that sort of thing interests you.

#23 Posted by marcheegsr (2992 posts) -

Personally im buying it on the ps4 on launch day.

If you can wait, I see no reason why not to get it for ps4 rathen than the ps3.

#24 Posted by MarcRecon (6192 posts) -

Even though my PS3 will still be in use, I will be going next-gen with Watch Dogs!

#25 Posted by Basinboy (11368 posts) -

The advantages are worth the wait.  You can keep yourself preoccupied with the slew of other titles before PS4 hits.

#26 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6889 posts) -
Pre-ordered on PS4 for launch. Can't wait!
#27 Posted by AJC3317 (2516 posts) -
i'm gonna go against the grain and say at least consider ps3. remember at the beginning of last gen a lot of games that came out on both ps2/xbox and ps3/360 performed better on ps2/xbox. just something to keep in mind
#28 Posted by giuibra (9 posts) -

wait for the ps4 version... thats what im doing

#29 Posted by Geminon (1177 posts) -
PS4. no question. it will be the definitive version.