Watch Dogs - I Keep Getting Hacked (help)...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

frankmcma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 frankmcma
Member since 2004 • 184 Posts

I think I have most of the Watch Dogs events figured out so far, except when "I" get hacked. It seems to happen out of nowhere (any way to add skill points to prevent?) and I get the signal and I see the circle, but I always seem to run around and never find the hacker. So I lose points. I'll see an arrow (towards?) pop up towards the end (90% hacked), but I still can't seem to home in. Any tips or techniques?

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

I finished the game and still have problems finding the hacker

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

Always be profiling everyone. You can use blackout and stuff like that to see if any characters react to stuff in a way a NPC wouldn't. If I'm doing to hacking I'll usually cause a traffic jam via hacking something and get in a car in the middle of the traffic jam, so make sure you check people in cars.

frankmcma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 frankmcma

Hmmm..maybe I need to check cars more. I've yet to find a hacker but I assumed they would not be driving by in a car.

I always seem to be running around crazy, profiling everyone, and not finding them.

Any other tips out there??

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@chronoschris: thanks for your help. I will try to find a roof which doesnt seem to be in abundance or blue crate. I assume blue crate means dumpster. I was very close to hacking but didn't stay in close proximity to get the hack done. I was at around 90%.

frankmcma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By frankmcma

Great tips CC..thanks.

Could extra questions...

Am I getting tagged because I am hacking certain people? Certain groups?

Once I get targeted and the purple triangle begins to form/track me..is there any way to escape no knowing where the person is?

Are these people hacking me "real" people? I assumed I could jump into co-op mode, but I did not know in the campaign that real people could jump into my game and hack me.

Thanks!!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#8 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@frankmcma said:

I think I have most of the Watch Dogs events figured out so far, except when "I" get hacked. It seems to happen out of nowhere (any way to add skill points to prevent?) and I get the signal and I see the circle, but I always seem to run around and never find the hacker. So I lose points. I'll see an arrow (towards?) pop up towards the end (90% hacked), but I still can't seem to home in. Any tips or techniques?

I usually just look after unusual movement