#1 Posted by Chris_53 (5119 posts) -

So, I am going to buy a PS4 as soon as I have saved enough money, though this probably wont be until around Christmas. Is there anything I should be aware of, or bare in mind?

Also I'm really interested in the gameplay recording abilities, would be interesting to hear your thoughts on this.

#2 Edited by The_Last_Ride (71861 posts) -

You'll have enough games to play then, people have been moaning about the lack of games. So you're pretty much set there

#3 Posted by Prince_Denspion (2588 posts) -

its true not so many games, but some games are really good and would keep you busy. I'm loving my PS4 and currently playing the Destiny Beta, aside from that I'm working on Infamous Second Son which I greatly recommend.

I've only used the sharing options a few time, mostly screen shots that post to my Facebook. I"ve tried the video and by default only does 20 seconds, that also goes to my Facebook, haven't messed with it enough to see if uploading to Youtube is possible.

But yes by Christmas you'll have plenty of games to choose from.

On a side note, I finally got a new tv to replace my 32" Dynex 720p to a 40" Samsung LED 1080p 120hz 3D tv and it makes a world of difference in how good the games look.

#4 Posted by LexLas (4251 posts) -

By Christmas time ? Why wait ? I mean you might be able to get $10 or $20 dollars off by then, but why wait ? I would rather pay 20 to play it now. I just got mine last week, i was waiting because there isn't enough games out. Honestly i am enjoying whats available now, and its cool. I'm playing Destiny, and Watch dogs, plust just got the Metal Gear Solid 5 demo for $9 dollars. I'm glad i didn't wait. This weekend or next, i will be adding the camera, and just dance 2014. There is a section for live users with their cameras too, so it keeps it pretty interesting. No need to wait dude.

#5 Posted by Chris_53 (5119 posts) -

@LexLas said:

By Christmas time ? Why wait ? I mean you might be able to get $10 or $20 dollars off by then, but why wait ? I would rather pay 20 to play it now. I just got mine last week, i was waiting because there isn't enough games out. Honestly i am enjoying whats available now, and its cool. I'm playing Destiny, and Watch dogs, plust just got the Metal Gear Solid 5 demo for $9 dollars. I'm glad i didn't wait. This weekend or next, i will be adding the camera, and just dance 2014. There is a section for live users with their cameras too, so it keeps it pretty interesting. No need to wait dude.

The reason I said around Christmas time is because that will probably be when I will have saved up enough money to purchase one. I would buy one tomorrow if I could. I do like the look of some of the games that are out now, namely Assassins Creed Black Flag, Fifa 14, WatchDogs etc. I'm already excited by the prospect of owning one.

#6 Posted by LexLas (4251 posts) -

@Chris_53 said:

@LexLas said:

The reason I said around Christmas time is because that will probably be when I will have saved up enough money to purchase one. I would buy one tomorrow if I could. I do like the look of some of the games that are out now, namely Assassins Creed Black Flag, Fifa 14, WatchDogs etc. I'm already excited by the prospect of owning one.

By Xmas, you will most likely get a better deal, and good games that are out. Cheers !

#7 Posted by Prince_Denspion (2588 posts) -

@LexLas said:

@Chris_53 said:

@LexLas said:

By Xmas, you will most likely get a better deal, and good games that are out. Cheers !

I'd check for black friday deals to, can't hurt to at least start building your PS4 library up.

#8 Posted by elkoldo (1118 posts) -

I wouldn't rush to buy a PS4 if I were you.I'd wait for a slim rebuild so as to avoid the probable re-run of the YLOD ,that would also bring a price cut.And as of now there hasn't been any decent games released for it.

#9 Posted by nethernova (4095 posts) -

How hot do your systems get? I left it running for a couple of hours while downloading the Destiny beta when it was really warm in the room. Then after playing for 30 minutes the PS4 shut itself off. After it cooled down I could start it again but I noticed that the console gets really warm pretty fast. After a couple of minutes it's not really hot but very warm to the touch on the non-shiny side. Fan still works and blows warm air out of the back but it doesn't get loud. I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that when the thing was new. Any tips? And yes, the PS4 has a lot of free space around it. Airflow shouldn't be a problem. I can play without a problem and it hasn't switched itself off again but I got a little paranoid and think that it shouldn't get warm so quickly.

#10 Posted by Prince_Denspion (2588 posts) -

@nethernova said:

How hot do your systems get? I left it running for a couple of hours while downloading the Destiny beta when it was really warm in the room. Then after playing for 30 minutes the PS4 shut itself off. After it cooled down I could start it again but I noticed that the console gets really warm pretty fast. After a couple of minutes it's not really hot but very warm to the touch on the non-shiny side. Fan still works and blows warm air out of the back but it doesn't get loud. I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that when the thing was new. Any tips? And yes, the PS4 has a lot of free space around it. Airflow shouldn't be a problem. I can play without a problem and it hasn't switched itself off again but I got a little paranoid and think that it shouldn't get warm so quickly.

mine hasn't gotten noticeably hot, haven't had any issues with it shutting off or anything, I do have it in its own open space for good air flow.

#11 Posted by Notorious1234NA (765 posts) -

@Chris_53: we'll I don't think they'll slash price anytime soon if ever

#12 Posted by Chris_53 (5119 posts) -

Thanks for all the responses guys, really appreciate it. Even if there isnt a price drop, I'm willing to pay the cost. After owning a 360 all these years, it will be nice to have the Playstation again. I have such fond memories of the PS2 era. Also it would be great if this PS1/PS2 emulator rumour is true.

#13 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71861 posts) -

@Chris_53 said:

Thanks for all the responses guys, really appreciate it. Even if there isnt a price drop, I'm willing to pay the cost. After owning a 360 all these years, it will be nice to have the Playstation again. I have such fond memories of the PS2 era. Also it would be great if this PS1/PS2 emulator rumour is true.

are you planning on getting Last of Us and other PS3 remastered games?

#14 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1771 posts) -

get the white destiny bundle. its sexy.

#15 Edited by Chris_53 (5119 posts) -
@The_Last_Ride said:

@Chris_53 said:

I'm definitely going to get the Last of Us, as I have not played the game before and from what I've heard, its pretty darn good! I'll also get GTAV though probably not at full price as I have played the game before. It would be good to experience the game again with the better graphics and performance.

#16 Posted by sssb (470 posts) -

@Chris_53 said:

So, I am going to buy a PS4 as soon as I have saved enough money, though this probably wont be until around Christmas. Is there anything I should be aware of, or bare in mind?

Also I'm really interested in the gameplay recording abilities, would be interesting to hear your thoughts on this.

I'm going to get ps4 today in sha allah, i decide to get it to play Oddworld new 'n' tasty, i love this game since my childhood and i'm very happy to play remake release ^__________^

#17 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71861 posts) -

@Chris_53 said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

@Chris_53 said:

I'm definitely going to get the Last of Us, as I have not played the game before and from what I've heard, its pretty darn good! I'll also get GTAV though probably not at full price as I have played the game before. It would be good to experience the game again with the better graphics and performance.

I didn't get it because of my massive backlog, i will get for the PS4 for sure

#18 Edited by DHMATT90 (138 posts) -

Buy infamous second son. Awesome game!