Virtua Fighter gets 9.5 on 1UP

This topic is locked from further discussion.

peppeaccardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 peppeaccardo
Member since 2003 • 164 Posts
This is a good new for the very first fighting game on PS3 ... cannot wait for Tekken 6. http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3157287

Peace !
mmirza23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mmirza23
Member since 2004 • 3457 Posts
yeah I read it a few days ago, really surprised 1up would give it that high a score.
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20967 Posts
So here's the current tally. 9.5/10/9.5 from EGM 9.5 from 1Up 8 from GameInformer (but the guy clearly didn't know what he was talking about) Good times.
Brendruis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Brendruis
Member since 2002 • 1016 Posts
Yeah...wow

I'm seriously thinking about ordering the game + a nice arcade stick
bamf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bamf03
Member since 2003 • 1205 Posts
yeah, PS3 has been good in Japan because of this game.
director13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 director13
Member since 2004 • 1677 Posts
wow sounds good from 1up! BTW mmirza23, the sig "the greatest battle, lies within" is killing me! Its a good quote but i dont think you need the comma....im feeling really anal today...
mmirza23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mmirza23
Member since 2004 • 3457 Posts

[QUOTE="director13"]wow sounds good from 1up! BTW mmirza23, the sig "the greatest battle, lies within" is killing me! Its a good quote but i dont think you need the comma....im feeling really anal today...[/QUOTE

haha you're right now that I think about it

number_two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 number_two
Member since 2004 • 4566 Posts
doesnt egm also do the 1 up reviews? and no way is tekken 6 gunna > than vf
sparkymafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sparkymafia
Member since 2006 • 508 Posts
the gamplay is very close to the others games but most will like that any way
T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 T-Zone
Member since 2003 • 4525 Posts
Overall, it's currently a "timed" killer app, for now...
Voodoo2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11 Voodoo2k3
Member since 2003 • 5630 Posts

So here's the current tally. 9.5/10/9.5 from EGM 9.5 from 1Up 8 from GameInformer (but the guy clearly didn't know what he was talking about) Good times.DarkCatalyst

:lol:

risi37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 risi37
Member since 2005 • 4542 Posts
great i think we will see the first AAA tittle on GS for ps3
number_two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 number_two
Member since 2004 • 4566 Posts
[QUOTE="peppeaccardo"]This is a good new for the very first fighting game on PS3 ... cannot wait for Tekken 6. http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3157287

Peace !

just clicked the link and thats milkman. hes an egm reviewer. in other words. one of the 9.5s from the egm review comes from the same guy.
ps320071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ps320071
Member since 2007 • 285 Posts
yea thats cuse those ppl actually know how to rate games.......tekken6 should get a 10 but it sux u cant go higher
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DarkCatalyst
yea thats cuse those ppl actually know how to rate games.......tekken6 should get a 10 but it sux u cant go higherps320071
Right now Tekken 6 has more playing against it than for it, until Namco really clears the air about custom items. If custom items are used in a way that actually impacts the balance, I wouldn't dream of giving it anything close to a 10, or even a 9.
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 eclipsed4utoo
Member since 2006 • 10578 Posts
great i think we will see the first AAA tittle on GS for ps3risi37
don't hold your breath
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#17 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"]So here's the current tally. 9.5/10/9.5 from EGM 9.5 from 1Up 8 from GameInformer (but the guy clearly didn't know what he was talking about) Good times.

i think the reviews are going to come down to wether they think online multiplayer is important or not. it would be a shame if a great game gets overlooked for something like that.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
Woot!
munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts
hmm.. seems very likely it could get ~9.0 on gamespot...
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DarkCatalyst
[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"][QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"]So here's the current tally. 9.5/10/9.5 from EGM 9.5 from 1Up 8 from GameInformer (but the guy clearly didn't know what he was talking about) Good times.

i think the reviews are going to come down to wether they think online multiplayer is important or not. it would be a shame if a great game gets overlooked for something like that.

Well, I'm reviewing it for Amped News, and obviously I understand what's really going on. It will be the core gameplay that determines what score I give it. I'm also in the middle of writing a column on this apparent and inevitable split in the media as it pertains to VF5. Stay tuned.
The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts
[QUOTE="risi37"]great i think we will see the first AAA tittle on GS for ps3eclipsed4utoo
don't hold your breath

a score lower than AAA would be preposterous
Avatar image for deactivated-61ff675e61178
deactivated-61ff675e61178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-61ff675e61178
Member since 2004 • 12558 Posts
[QUOTE="eclipsed4utoo"][QUOTE="risi37"]great i think we will see the first AAA tittle on GS for ps3The_Tombo
don't hold your breath

a score lower than AAA would be preposterous

But it would also be so very typical of gs.
Alpha2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Alpha2
Member since 2003 • 3203 Posts
The simple fact of the matter is that Gamespot will mark the PS3 version of VF5 lower than the 360 version because of the achievments, which I will say in advance is totaly freaking retarded. I dont give a flying EFF about achievements when I'm playing a game for it's own entertainment value. I dont need an incentive to play if the game is good already.
olimcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 olimcool
Member since 2006 • 230 Posts
Personally i think sony should bring achievements to the ps3, also does this game have online play? i am trying to decide if i should get it.
The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Tombo
Personally i think sony should bring achievements to the ps3, also does this game have online play? i am trying to decide if i should get it.olimcool
Achievements are overrated in my opinion. and about the online.... are you serious?... no it does not have online play
TE_Lawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TE_Lawrence
Member since 2005 • 6934 Posts
We geeks rules the internet forums but by god we got nothing to say when it comes to console sales. Normal people just do not care about FPS games, online gaming and achievements. Simple fact, they'd rather make a MySpace profile and share music. And let's face it, the gaming press consists of geeks too for the simple reason that no one else would want such a job, they'd rather report about "important" things. So when we see some game journalist proclaiming the importance of online gaming then just keep in mind that he's part of a minority. Tekken is loved because it's a social game for one to play with friends who actually are there and not some internet profile.
thenewcraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 thenewcraze
Member since 2006 • 389 Posts
Actually, welcome yourself to the 21st century. There is a reason behind playing games online. It's building a community. It's about friends. What the hell do you think MySpace does? Oh wait. More for you to whine about cause your game didn't get the score you wanted it to. He's not a minority for "proclaiming the importance of online gaming." Isn't that one of the selling points of the PS3? FREE online. I beg to differ that quite a few million people that play or interact on online video games would disagree with you.
Alpha2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Alpha2
People on myspace care nothing for making friend 80% of the time, they're only there to create their own personal leagion of addoring faceless fans that love them for posting underage butt shots or annoying rants about things that only a select few individuals care about. Family and friends are the only people that really matter on myspace not the random individuals that strive for yout top 8 so they can be famous for a day in the eyes of more people they dont know.

Community is overated in gaming. Clans more times than no have no real connection outside of the tag before their screen name which is why I dont join them any more. I dont ad people to my friens list unless I'm intersted in concidering them a friend that's not going to either monopolize my time for their OWN selfish needs or simply use me because they need another warm ody in their party to soak up damage.

Give me a well made single player game anyday with an occasional well made multiplay online that I can play with my REAL friends because that's what's worked well for the last 20 freaking years and it will continue untill there's no one left alive to remember it that way.

And, The only reason why sony had to include free online play... had that makes me laugh like free onlie play has to be a SERVICE, is because a vocal MINORITY (YES MINORITY because the Majority of people own PS2s as opposed to xboxs) made live look like the new jesus so now everyone demands it even if they dont realize they dont need it for the sake of playing with other people.
TE_Lawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TE_Lawrence
@thenewcraze Um in case you haven't noticed, the increased amount of Messenger, YouTube and MySpace users haven't changed the amount of online gamers. What I pointed out is that what you talk about like MMORPG, FPS, and online Fighters just do not cater to these people. And Tekkens main selling point is the solial aspect of sitting around the console with ones friends.
thenewcraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 thenewcraze
Uhm. No. I refuse to play games without friends. The competition - you know, what gaming is about - is much more fun with friends. Also, when I want to play a competitive game and want to play to "win" then I rarely go solo. Why? Because I know how my friends play. Games like Rainbow Six or Counter Strike rely on experienced team work. I haven't had a MySpace profile for atleast a year but I've made many friends, including my girlfriend of over a year. It's also a way to keep in touch with classmates from high school or college. I have many buddies from my fraternity that I wouldn't still have friendships, or any discernable relationship, with if it wasn't for online community outlets like MySpace or Facebook. I agree. MySpace has changed from what it was meant to be. Saying that community is over-rated in gaming is complete nonsense. Why else do companies like MLG or WGC shell out millions of dollars for gaming contracts on teams that play competitively?
general_KDI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 general_KDI
Member since 2003 • 1068 Posts
If gamespot post the review tomorrow, it's 8.9. The good thing about the ps3 always have a delay here on gamespot.
TE_Lawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TE_Lawrence
Reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend of mine yesterday. In the "old" days with ICQ we could chat with random people because practically everyone with ICQ were interested in chatting for the fuin of it. But now where MSN has become mainstream it has be come a big no no writing to people one do not know. Sure one can still find random people on dating sites and those on MySpace who flashes their bodies but... you know.
thenewcraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 thenewcraze
Ah! I used to ICQ! Seriously, I used to Alt+Tab back-and-forth from ICQ to StarCraft till 6AM. Those were the days. Nothing like RTS, chips and salsa, my best friend, ICQ and a dial-up data connection!
TE_Lawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TE_Lawrence
[QUOTE="thenewcraze"]Uhm. No. I refuse to play games without friends. The competition - you know, what gaming is about - is much more fun with friends. Also, when I want to play a competitive game and want to play to "win" then I rarely go solo. Why? Because I know how my friends play. Games like Rainbow Six or Counter Strike rely on experienced team work. I haven't had a MySpace profile for atleast a year but I've made many friends, including my girlfriend of over a year. It's also a way to keep in touch with classmates from high school or college. I have many buddies from my fraternity that I wouldn't still have friendships, or any discernable relationship, with if it wasn't for online community outlets like MySpace or Facebook. I agree. MySpace has changed from what it was meant to be. Saying that community is over-rated in gaming is complete nonsense. Why else do companies like MLG or WGC shell out millions of dollars for gaming contracts on teams that play competitively?

See that's the whole problem "I want" and "I prefer" but we just aren't that big a market and those games catering directly to us already got on-line. We just can expect that games where we aren't a big part of the userbase to stand on their head to make our on-line dreams come true. Especially not if it means changing the gameplay.
thenewcraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 thenewcraze
We are a 10 billion dollar industry. When was the last time you saw a Playstation or Xbox system have their own release party on such large, albeit lame, media outlets like MTV or VH1? Never. This generation is so far ahead of the last, it's not even funny.
The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 The_Tombo
[QUOTE="thenewcraze"]We are a 10 billion dollar industry. When was the last time you saw a Playstation or Xbox system have their own release party on such large, albeit lame, media outlets like MTV or VH1? Never. This generation is so far ahead of the last, it's not even funny.

WHAHAHAHHAHAH HAHAHHA AHA *ahum* .. wait its not funny !?!?!
Alpha2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Alpha2
If you have friends from a frat or from school that's fine I have nothing but love for the concept of playiing starcraft online with a hacked gateway just to play with my own specific friends on our own server, but we do that because the REAL servers are full of people we DONT want to play with.

I'm talking about changing what could be a GREAT single player game (or multiplayer with real live friends in the room) to be a weak and unenjoyable online game. VF5 works just fine as an offline game it dosent need to be forced into being online when you can't gauratee it will play as perfectly as it does offline. and the same goes for any other game.
Avatar image for realmadrid4lyfe
realmadrid4lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 realmadrid4lyfe
Member since 2005 • 848 Posts
yay, but to bad for me that i don't own a ps3 yet:cry::cry:
glitch2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 glitch2424
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

great i think we will see the first AAA tittle on GS for ps3risi37

Prolly AA and a half. Apparently there's a few features missing in the console version of VF5 that the arcade version had. Wish we had these so-called features...oh well, quest mode it is then!