vga to ps3 converter box

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gangstafc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 gangstafc
Member since 2009 • 228 Posts

hello i was just wondering if i can use this vga converter box to connect my ps3 to my 1280 x 1024 60hz toshiba monitor

http://www.amazon.co.uk/KanaaN-Composite-Video-Converter-Adapter/dp/B003U0PHC8/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts
As for as I know connecting a ps3 to a non-hdmi tv can be a painful process that doesn't work on all monitors. And ofcourse it won't have sound. I suggest you google for it, I once tried the same thing and there was a lot of feedback to be found online.
demon-zer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 demon-zer0
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts

hello i was just wondering if i can use this vga converter box to connect my ps3 to my 1280 x 1024 60hz toshiba monitor

gangstafc

Many peoplehave triedthiswith some prettygood results. Look on YouTube for their efforts. You can get sound from your PS3 using a TV BOX (or VGA BOX). You must connect audio connectors to line-in input on your monitor (if the monitor supports it) or connect to a external speaker set.

When using a VGA BOX the thing is that you'll get a poor image quality. Standard PS3 A/V cable gives you 576i image resolution (interlanced image with max resolution of 720x480) which will be upscaled via VGA BOX to 1280x1024 (SXGA) resolution. I'm using a TV BOX which connects my Wii to 24" 1920x1200 monitor and it's ok for me since Wii can't produce a high quality image...

You should save up some money and buy a monitor with hdmi and vga input. But if you don't mind that your PS3 won't be abe to unleash its full potential of image quality than go ahead. VGA BOX will work fine