This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Yceman757 (980 posts) -
Is there a VGA cable that anyone might know of for the PS3? Im thinking about purchasing but I play on a computer monitor, so Im trying to figure out if there is a cable I can use instead of having to get a new monitor with HDMI.
#2 Posted by Comzu (2 posts) -

Is there a VGA cable that anyone might know of for the PS3? Im thinking about purchasing but I play on a computer monitor, so Im trying to figure out if there is a cable I can use instead of having to get a new monitor with HDMI.Yceman757

There is, but why go with VGA thats analog connection go digital (DVI or HDMI). I too use a monitor to play PS3 on and I play in full 1080p using HDMI to DVI connection.

#3 Posted by Comzu (2 posts) -
Oh my bad, I thought you were buying a monitor. What kind of monitor do you have? does it have a DVI connection and is it HDCP compliable ?
#4 Posted by marz311 (115 posts) -
It's possible to get an hdmi to vga converter but it's fairly expensive and high probability it won't work. If you have a monitor that is hdcp compliant then hdmi to DVI might be a better way to go since it's going digital to digital(vga is an analog signal).
#5 Posted by gestah (523 posts) -
http://www.gameyeeeah.com/wii-ps3-vga-cable-p-746.htmlcheck here man
#6 Posted by Yceman757 (980 posts) -
My monitor doesnt have DVI or HDCP so it looks like my least expensive option is to go with the cable on gameyeeeah.com. Just wanted to get by with what works at this point, I'll eventually get a new monitor that is HDMI compatible. Thanks for your help everyone. 8)
#7 Posted by svenskamerikan (1408 posts) -
Now you could buy one at Best Buy to make sure it works - then if it works and assuming it is a lot more than the one in the link return it and order one online.. just to be sure there won't be any issues :)
#9 Posted by Yceman757 (980 posts) -
Now you could buy one at Best Buy to make sure it works - then if it works and assuming it is a lot more than the one in the link return it and order one online.. just to be sure there won't be any issues :)svenskamerikan
I didnt know they had them at Best Buy, I was there today! Lol, Im going to look into that because I think I looked there before and they didnt have anything. Just bought my PS3 today BTW. 8)
#10 Posted by CSI24 (2049 posts) -

[QUOTE="svenskamerikan"]Now you could buy one at Best Buy to make sure it works - then if it works and assuming it is a lot more than the one in the link return it and order one online.. just to be sure there won't be any issues :)Yceman757
I didnt know they had them at Best Buy, I was there today! Lol, Im going to look into that because I think I looked there before and they didnt have anything. Just bought my PS3 today BTW. 8)

Congrats on the purchase. You won't regret it one bit

#11 Posted by svenskamerikan (1408 posts) -

[QUOTE="svenskamerikan"]Now you could buy one at Best Buy to make sure it works - then if it works and assuming it is a lot more than the one in the link return it and order one online.. just to be sure there won't be any issues :)Yceman757

Well they might not - look at circuit city then. Same return policy and better selection on specialty cables IMHO

#12 Posted by Lionhart_basic (403 posts) -
I recommend getting http://www.x2vga.com.
#13 Posted by gameyeeeahteam (1 posts) -
http://www.gameyeeeah.com/wii-ps3-vga-cable-p-746.htmlcheck here mangestah
um, that DID help. nice cable and nice site thanks
#14 Posted by D4NZEL-709 (1053 posts) -

[QUOTE="Yceman757"]Is there a VGA cable that anyone might know of for the PS3? Im thinking about purchasing but I play on a computer monitor, so Im trying to figure out if there is a cable I can use instead of having to get a new monitor with HDMI.Comzu

There is, but why go with VGA thats analog connection go digital (DVI or HDMI). I too use a monitor to play PS3 on and I play in full 1080p using HDMI to DVI connection.

Me too my reason is cause i heard it has better quality

#15 Posted by D4NZEL-709 (1053 posts) -

Not smart getting ur ps3 today the price cut is tommorow isn't it.

#16 Posted by BamaBamf (2 posts) -
Does anyone know if this will fix the gaming-lag associated with HDTV's? I'm considering buying the following product. http://www.amazon.com/Wii-PS3-VGA-HDTV-Cable-Nintendo/dp/B0015MISAG
#17 Posted by BamaBamf (2 posts) -
Does anyone know if this will fix the gaming-lag associated with HDTV's? I'm considering buying the following product. http://www.amazon.com/Wii-PS3-VGA-HDTV-Cable-Nintendo/dp/B0015MISAGBamaBamf
Input lag is what I should have said