Very Important for 1080i TV Users!!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

casual1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 casual1221
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I spoke with EA about the whole upscaling issue about tvs that are 1080i the game is being downscaled to 480 unless you have a new 720p tv. They told me to start a petition and have people sign it and repost. If we get enough names they will immediatly put a patch out to fix the issue. So for all the people with older HDTV;s that dont support 720p please get involved so we all can be playing in hd instead of having to buy a new tv.   We need to start doing this with all developers and game makers.

THIS HERE PETITION IS FOR EA SPORTS TO PUT OUT A FIRMWARE PATCH THAT WILL ALLOW ALL EA GAMES TO BE UPSCALED FROM 720P TO 1080i INSTEAD OF DOWNSCALED TO 480. NOT ALL OF US CAN AFFORD NEW HDTVS AND HAVE SPENT THE MONEY IN GAMES TO PLAY IN HD AND WE CANT. SO WE HAVE ALL SIGNED THIS TO SHOW YOU HOW MANY PEOPLE WANT THIS PATCH UPDATED.

1. MATT SMITH
2. JEREMY ROWE
jwat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jwat4
Member since 2003 • 1934 Posts
I spoke with EA about the whole upscaling issue about tvs that are 1080i the game is being downscaled to 480 unless you have a new 720p tv. They told me to start a petition and have people sign it and repost. If we get enough names they will immediatly put a patch out to fix the issue. So for all the people with older HDTV;s that dont support 720p please get involved so we all can be playing in hd instead of having to buy a new tv.   We need to start doing this with all developers and game makers.

THIS HERE PETITION IS FOR EA SPORTS TO PUT OUT A FIRMWARE PATCH THAT WILL ALLOW ALL EA GAMES TO BE UPSCALED FROM 720P TO 1080i INSTEAD OF DOWNSCALED TO 480. NOT ALL OF US CAN AFFORD NEW HDTVS AND HAVE SPENT THE MONEY IN GAMES TO PLAY IN HD AND WE CANT. SO WE HAVE ALL SIGNED THIS TO SHOW YOU HOW MANY PEOPLE WANT THIS PATCH UPDATED.

1. MATT SMITH
2. JEREMY ROWEcasual1221
I understand the purpose of this whole bit...but do you believe everything people tell you?... Also is this a valid petiton? I mean if I was you I would just go out on the street...depending on how old you are and have people sign a petition...make up a bogus reason for it and turn that in....it would get you a lot more names...a lot faster than some forum
LoneStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LoneStranger
Member since 2004 • 780 Posts
Sounds pretty bogus to me. Whoever you talked to on the phone probably just told you to do this to get you off the phone.
casual1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 casual1221
I spoke with EA about the whole upscaling issue about tvs that are 1080i the game is being downscaled to 480 unless you have a new 720p tv. They told me to start a petition and have people sign it and repost. If we get enough names they will immediatly put a patch out to fix the issue. So for all the people with older HDTV;s that dont support 720p please get involved so we all can be playing in hd instead of having to buy a new tv. THIS HERE PETITION IS FOR EA SPORTS TO PUT OUT A FIRMWARE PATCH THAT WILL ALLOW ALL EA GAMES TO BE UPSCALED FROM 720P TO 1080i INSTEAD OF DOWNSCALED TO 480. NOT ALL OF US CAN AFFORD NEW HDTVS AND HAVE SPENT THE MONEY IN GAMES TO PLAY IN HD AND WE CANT. SO WE HAVE ALL SIGNED THIS TO SHOW YOU HOW MANY PEOPLE WANT THIS PATCH UPDATED.
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/EASPORTSUPSCALE
Truvietplaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Truvietplaya
Member since 2003 • 659 Posts

Luckily for me my Insignia can play 1080i fine. Good luck to you though.

UntoldDreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 UntoldDreams
Member since 2006 • 3238 Posts
Ummm... Sony already updated their SDK's to provide a solution for the 1080i scaling issue.
There's been posts about it already on this and other forums.

So what is the purpose of this petition for then?

JamMessiahJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JamMessiahJC
Member since 2005 • 646 Posts
This isn't an act of congress, its an act of a private business. Your right to petition is null and void. I myself own a native 1080i tv, however, the display is simply displayed in 720p and scaled by the display itself. Also, Sony has addressed this issue and is surely working on it. If it makes you feel any better, 720p owners are getting screwed when displaying most blu-ray discs.
tsr__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tsr__
Member since 2006 • 522 Posts
bogus or not, ill take my chances and sign it.
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts
Bogus & pointless.
bsin94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bsin94
Member since 2005 • 1497 Posts
Ummm... Sony already updated their SDK's to provide a solution for the 1080i scaling issue.
There's been posts about it already on this and other forums.

So what is the purpose of this petition for then?

UntoldDreams

Mind sharing the solution to your fellow gamers?
budboarder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#12 budboarder
Member since 2005 • 2304 Posts
This sounds about the same as the thousands of emails we all get about reposting a message. If in fact you did speak with EA I doubt they would have you post a message on a 3rd party server for names. Sounds pretty rediculous to me.
casual1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 casual1221
actualy sony has fixed it on there part and now it is up to developers to release patches to upscale games that are already out. 
PSPlayer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PSPlayer24
Member since 2005 • 1280 Posts
Bogus & pointless.ColoradoKindBud
agreed
Avatar image for oldschoolplayer
oldschoolplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 oldschoolplayer
Member since 2006 • 1010 Posts
I will sign this but I still want proof that this issue is 100% resolved before I drop 5 to 6 hundy. Not just buy and be scrood later.
LoboSolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 LoboSolo
Member since 2002 • 1136 Posts
Wow.
NickinAround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NickinAround
Member since 2003 • 3430 Posts
PS3 didn't put an upscaler in their system. You are never gonna see 1080i games on your system unless the developer makes it so. It's actually really stupid if you ask me. You'd think for $600 dollars, they'd throw a upscaler chip into the system.