Very excited to get a PS4 by the end of the month

#1 Posted by MDK12345 (586 posts) -

Like I said, I have an insane passion for PS1 and PS2. In a few weeks I'll be turning 21. My mom did agree to get me a PS4 though. I wanted to get it back in November, but around that time I got a PS3. For a while I started to wonder if PS4 would be a waste. Now I'm ready to move on to the next best thing. I'll still have my PS3, but I realized that there isn't too many more things I want to mess with on the PS3, so finally now I can get that PS4 I've always wanted.

I want Infamous 2nd Son, Knack, and Last of Us. I know Knack didn't get great reviews, but I don't care cuz it's affordable and I had fun with it at the stores.

Would you recommend Dying Light or Evolve? I remember seeing Dying Light when PS4 first launched. I saw it on YT and it looked insane. But based on recent comments, some people aren't too excited about it.

Another game I'm interested in is the Order. Any suggestions as far as games similar to Infamous 2nd Son or Knack?

#2 Posted by thegamingjunkie (199 posts) -

@mdk12345: Agreed with you for getting inFamous Second Son and The Last of Us. I don't really know about Knack but it's cheap and doesn't look so bad!

Evolve is okay but I won't get it. I won't get dying light as well because it doesn't really seem worth getting over some other games coming out but if you like stuff like that then get it :) The Order: 1886 seems uber amazing to me (won't let anyone tell me otherwise), the plot and setting of the game really caught my attention (neo-Victorian era and supernatural creatures) and I think it'll be great. My type of game. Definitely going to get it.

Other recommendations: If you haven't played Outlast, definitely get it on the PS4 without a doubt. Personally, best horror game of 2013? 2014?

#3 Posted by ewalthour (653 posts) -

Well the verdict I'd still out for the Order 1886 but it doesn't matter since its not coming until February next yr as well as evolve, Batman arkham knight, witcher, division and phantom pain. I would concentrate thoughts on what is coming this yr.

I want the Order to be great but we shall see without multiplayer and no multiple endings and gameplay could be stale.

#4 Posted by SoNin360 (5367 posts) -

I should be getting a PS4 next month. I'm going with the White Destiny bundle, although I don't even want Destiny. So I'm going to sell that and buy Metro Redux in its place. As for other games, I gotta have InFamous Second Son for sure. I'm also going with Killzone Shadow Fall despite the mixed opinions I've heard. But it's fairly cheap now and I might actually play its MP quite a bit, so it should be a good purchase. Those are the 3 games I plan to start with. But to finally address your post, I think Dying Light is looking like it could be an awesome game. If you've played and even remotely liked Dead Island, this should probably be a game you'll like. The Last of Us is an excellent choice if you haven't played it already. Knack is something I'm personally staying away from. I wouldn't recommend it based off what I know and have heard. And I don't know if this will be of any help to you, but I also plan on getting Watch Dogs, Far Cry 4, and LBP 3 for sure as far as 2014 games go. There are several 2015 games that are looking good.

#5 Edited by Ballroompirate (22555 posts) -

You can't go wrong with Evolve or Dying Light, both look good but both are pushed back to 2015.

#6 Posted by SolidTy (42467 posts) -

Happy Gaming.

#7 Posted by chocolate1325 (32463 posts) -

Yeh you are picking a good time because the big titles shall be hitting soon.

#8 Posted by MondasM (1227 posts) -

enjoy... :)

#9 Posted by gcfreak898 (1748 posts) -

I've had mine since December 16th of last year. I have to say I've been blown away going from ps3 to ps4. Way better console, awesome features, better menu layout. Now, that the games are starting to come out this year is going to be awesome to be a ps4 gamer.

#10 Posted by gregbmil (2607 posts) -

Right now is the best time to get one. There is going to be a ton of games coming out in the next few months. It's gonna go from having enough games to, to many games

#11 Posted by CTR360 (6990 posts) -

ENJOYand for the games last of us remastered tomb raider infamous SS watch dogs

#12 Posted by jesslee099 (13 posts) -

@gregbmil: i do hope though that one day, they support DLNA and playing movies from downloaded files.

#13 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70735 posts) -

@mdk12345 said:

Like I said, I have an insane passion for PS1 and PS2. In a few weeks I'll be turning 21. My mom did agree to get me a PS4 though. I wanted to get it back in November, but around that time I got a PS3. For a while I started to wonder if PS4 would be a waste. Now I'm ready to move on to the next best thing. I'll still have my PS3, but I realized that there isn't too many more things I want to mess with on the PS3, so finally now I can get that PS4 I've always wanted.

I want Infamous 2nd Son, Knack, and Last of Us. I know Knack didn't get great reviews, but I don't care cuz it's affordable and I had fun with it at the stores.

Would you recommend Dying Light or Evolve? I remember seeing Dying Light when PS4 first launched. I saw it on YT and it looked insane. But based on recent comments, some people aren't too excited about it.

Another game I'm interested in is the Order. Any suggestions as far as games similar to Infamous 2nd Son or Knack?

You should get Assassin's Creed IV and Watch Dogs. Also get the PS+, you get free games each month

#14 Edited by BranKetra (48178 posts) -

I recommend Killzone: Shadow Fall, Destiny, and Resogun. Those are what I have played most. I should note that I played the PlayStation 3 Destiny beta and not the PlayStation 4 version, but I believe with the amount of an effort Sony is making for that game, the PS4 version will be as good if not better than the PS3 one. I hope so because I am getting the White Destiny bundle myself on the ninth.

#15 Posted by SolidGame_basic (16877 posts) -

I recommend Killzone: Shadow Fall, Destiny, and Resogun. Those are what I have played most. I should not that I played the PlayStation 3 Destiny beta and not the PlayStation4 version, but I believe with the amount of an effort Sony is making for that game, the PS4 version will be as good if not better than the PS3 one. I hope so because I am getting the White Destiny bundle myself on the ninth.

I only played the PS4 version, but having seen PS4 vs PS3 versions of other games, it is most undoubtedly and by a large margin, the superior version