Upgrade from PS3 to PS4?

#1 Posted by fuzzyblackdice (1 posts) -

I've had my PS3 for a long time now but it is in good condition. I have been considering upgrading to PS4 for a while now. Should I sell my PS3 and the approximately 10 games, 3 controllers, and controller charging station and buy a PS4? There are some games coming out exclusively for PS4 that I really want to play.

#2 Posted by hummer700 (10170 posts) -

At this point, personally, I don't see the point. I'd hang on to your PS3 and finish some games you've been meaning to play. My advice is: wait until those games you really want to play are released on the PS4 before jumping in. Right now its all hype but soon enough it is going to be a must own console.

#3 Posted by GiantAssPanda (1605 posts) -

I wouldn't, since there's no backwards compatibility on PS4 and there's plenty of games on PS3 I still want to play (and replay) for years to come.

#4 Posted by Bigboi500 (29413 posts) -

I wouldn't if I were you. Persona 5 is coming next year, and PS3 will continue to see support for years to come.

#5 Posted by Namgis (3575 posts) -

What would you play? Are there enough games out that scream, 'play me now'? You say the games you want to play are not out yet, so why buy a console that wont see any play time?

I'd sell the spare controllers first, unless they see regular use. The games can go too, unless you're planning on keeping them. But that goes to the point, why sell a perfectly solid console?

#6 Edited by BattleSpectre (5966 posts) -

I'd only say yes if you've finished and played all the games you've wanted to. If there's nothing else you'd want to play on the PS3, there's no point in keeping it as a dust collector. Right now there's not many games on the next-generation and you might find yourself in a bit of a drought, so think about your decision.

#7 Edited by psone4xbox (45 posts) -

Keep it and use it as a 3d blu ray player with wifi and access to netflix,etc. And it plays good games...

#8 Posted by dipdish (867 posts) -

I would not sell my PS3.

#9 Posted by MarcRecon (5518 posts) -

So far everybody seems to be on the same page, I'm happy with the PS4 but there's noway I give up the PS3 for it. Especially if you plan on getting PLUS because the benefits for the PS3 far out-weigh those of the PS4 at the moment.

#10 Posted by jasonredemption (224 posts) -
@dipdish said:

I would not sell my PS3.

This. I love my PS4 but I also still love my PS3.

#11 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3544 posts) -

Do not sell your PS3... I still love mine :)

#12 Posted by kemar7856 (11506 posts) -

not worth it right now trust me on this ur going to play ur ps4 for like a week then put it down from lack of games

#13 Posted by littlestreakier (2903 posts) -

I would definitely get a PS4, but IMO do NOT trade in your PS3. I've traded in 3 systems in my lifetime and will never again trade in systems. There's always going to be those handful of games you're going to wish you could play but can't since you traded in everything. I spent way more money re-building my collection than if I would've just kept everything.

If you really feel like you need to trade in the PS3 my suggestion is to keep all your games and only trade in the console. If you miss it it'll be much easier for you to get another console than track down all the games you want to play and will save you money in the long run.

#14 Posted by littlestreakier (2903 posts) -
#15 Posted by Megavideogamer (5330 posts) -

Yes it is time to upgrade to Playstation 4, but you should still hold on to your Playstation 3. Sony will support PS3 for 3 more years. Start saving up $400.00 for the PS4 console and $60.00 for your first game. Eventually more games will be coming out for PS4. The launch window games are out. Now games like the order 1966, and Destiny are coming. Sony has at lot of developers creating games for the PS4. So you may want something.

Infamous second son, Killzone shaodow fall are decent to start your Playstation 4 collection. Plus the usual multiplatform games are better on PS4