Upcoming PS4 update has surprises?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by tendoboy1984 (209 posts) -

When I searched for images of the new ShareFactory app, I found a picture showing a photo/video player app on the PS4 Home screen. Media playback confirmed? :)

#2 Edited by yixingtpot (1417 posts) -

I think they need to unlock basic common sense features, music CD import and playback, MP4 and various other video format playback via disc or USB, photo import, interface themes/photos. The video editing stuff is ok but I'd prefer more common sense everyday usage changes.

#3 Edited by BattleSpectre (6706 posts) -

I never store photos or music on my consoles to be honest so don't really need any of these features. I only care about the gaming side and ways to improve that, so I'm happy to see them including a pre-loading feature. That's my highlight from this update.

#4 Posted by tendoboy1984 (209 posts) -

I don't care about pre-loading because there's no point in buying a digital game on launch day when it will always be available on PS Store / Xbox Store / Nintendo eShop (etc.).

I'm more excited for the Share Factory video editor. I love using Windows Movie Maker on my PC to make stupid Youtube videos, so having a similar editor on my PS4 to edit game clips is perfect.

#5 Posted by jasean79 (2375 posts) -

The option to be able to plug in my MP3 player and listed to custom soundtracks while gaming is all I want. I love that feature with the Xbox 360. I'm sure it'll come to PS4 eventually, just so it's out around the time of Drive Club release I'd be content with that.

#6 Edited by shellcase86 (2077 posts) -

@yixingtpot said:

I think they need to unlock basic common sense features, music CD import and playback, MP4 and various other video format playback via disc or USB, photo import, interface themes/photos. The video editing stuff is ok but I'd prefer more common sense everyday usage changes.

Ditto.