UGHHHHH! This Blows... New PS3 Slim isn't working

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fuzzypoobear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fuzzypoobear
Member since 2006 • 50 Posts

I've had my PS3 slim for about 2 or 3 weeks now. The past couple of days, I've turned it on, the XMB starts to load and nothing would happen. I'd get the swirly arrows under the Playstation Network, and they'd just keep loading, never going anywhere. Then if I scrolled over to settings and tried to click on anything, it would freeze, then the screen would go black. Also, if I tried turning the system off from the controller while this was happening, the screen would go black and and beep a couple times, but wouldn't turn off.

I'm probably going to have to send it in, but can't find my freaking receipt.

Has anyone else run into this problem? I haven't found any problems like this.

FanaFall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FanaFall
Member since 2009 • 275 Posts

I don't think you even needreceipt Slim hasn't even been out for a year... yet.

And you can usually call up retailers to getreceipts and can't you return it within 30days?

Myzz617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Myzz617
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts

I've had my PS3 slim for about 2 or 3 weeks now. The past couple of days, I've turned it on, the XMB starts to load and nothing would happen. I'd get the swirly arrows under the Playstation Network, and they'd just keep loading, never going anywhere. Then if I scrolled over to settings and tried to click on anything, it would freeze, then the screen would go black. Also, if I tried turning the system off from the controller while this was happening, the screen would go black and and beep a couple times, but wouldn't turn off.

I'm probably going to have to send it in, but can't find my freaking receipt.

Has anyone else run into this problem? I haven't found any problems like this.

fuzzypoobear

They can look it up in their database by Serial if you cant find you receipt. Just bring it back where you got it. They should give you a new one.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
wow wtf.. that sucks dude, i hope they dont give you crap for not having your receipt... i just got a ps3 off craigslist a few weeks ago... I'm glad I have the fat version over the slim... But I did think the slim was supposed to be superior.
biggie131991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 biggie131991
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
does any 1 kno how to sync the controler to the ps3 cuz i cant play games cuz i could only use the bd controller
bizzy420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bizzy420
Member since 2005 • 2730 Posts
does any 1 kno how to sync the controler to the ps3 cuz i cant play games cuz i could only use the bd controllerbiggie131991
hmmm plug it into the usb cable?
other44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 other44
Member since 2007 • 1494 Posts
are you connected to the net... try disconnecting your modem, then switch it on... might be glitchy network connection errors... but probably not... just a thought to try...
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

i have the slim too and at times, that would happen to me too, like it used to turn on, then it wouldnt show my usernames to choose from screen, then i would have to unplug the cord out of the outlet to turn it off, but now i think its working, but before then it would have to restore my hard drive, lucky i didnt lose any data

AgentZero225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AgentZero225
Member since 2007 • 1718 Posts

I feel like TC is trolling. Look if you have really do have exchange it or call sony.

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
If you go to the Sony web site and look under tech support there is a way of starting the PS3 up in safe mode to allow some issues to be corrected (all but one of these methods can be done without loseing any data on your system). Also if you can disconnect the router or modem (just turn them off or unplug them and try again because there could be something locking the system down in the network.