Trying to decide if I should get the PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

reddead123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By reddead123
Member since 2010 • 27 Posts

Hey guys,

I was just wondering how everyone is feeling about their playstation 4's at this point in time. Ive got some cash to burn from christmas and i was pretty keen on getting a ps4 but I was just wondering if that would be the right move at this point in time.

Just let me know what your thoughts are!

Thanks

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

I hate to be harsh but I am tired of people wanted to be convinced to get the ps4 then wanting someone to give them a million a reasons why they should get it. Honestly I don't care what u do. If u get it good for u if u don't get it who cares. The system has been out long enough with a million post you could have read on this site to convince u what u should do.

thirdson1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By thirdson1812
Member since 2013 • 101 Posts

I recommend waiting till around halfway or the end of 2014 because there will be tons of good games for the ps4 by then like infamous second son and watch dogs. Out of the launch titles the only impressive ones which i've seen are killzone shadow fall, battlefield 4 and acIV black flag. I don't have a ps4 but I'm buying one at the end of 2014.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@reddead123: I would say go ahead if you have the money to blow. Xbone is a waste in comparison and Wii U is even worse. It's worth the upgrade and as long as your content with the launch games until more games come out than I would say go for it unless you're waiting for the PS4 slim. Enjoy your time now if you can. Why wait if you don't have to.

Mordant221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mordant221
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

Whether you buy it now or a year from now, the price won't be any different, so it doesn't matter. Only benefit of waiting are getting the games released now for cheaper

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
Member since 2013 • 355 Posts

It would be a bad time to get a PlayStation 4 and you would most likely have trouble finding a PlayStation 4 anyways; you would only have two exclusives to choose from, for the PlayStation 4 now anyways, from what I understand. A better time to get a PlayStation 4 would be near the end of 2014 and even then, I do not think there will be that many exclusives for the PlayStation 4 by the end of 2014.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

From a software perspective there's no reason to run out and buy a PS4 just yet. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing the few games that I have and have no regrets getting it on launch day. But, as some said above, waiting until at least mid-2014 might be your best bet, not only for the quality of games that should be out around that time, but also for the availability of PS4's you'll find in stores (hopefully).

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

If two or more games interest you at the point, I don't see why not.

reddead123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 reddead123
Member since 2010 • 27 Posts

Thanks guys I appreciate all your input!

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

It's a great piece of hardware and the controller is fantastic. If the games interest you then certainly grab one, in a few months there will hopefully be a few more excellent additions to the lineup. I'm pretty excited about how it's going to turn out.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
Member since 2009 • 840 Posts

if you're a serious gamer then i'd suggest the ps4 but if you're not really a serious gamer and like using apps, cable tv, etc. on your console then the xbox one would be better for you. the ps4 is more powerful than the xbox one and the ps4 has more 1080p games than the xbox one. basically, the ps4 is a gamer first console and the xbox one is a all around entertainment kind of console. it really depends on the kind of gamer you are, i got the ps4 (as well as the ps3 and vita) so i don't want and don't plan on getting the xbox one (especially after what microsoft tryed to pull at e3 last year).

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

I love how were on a GAMING website talking about games and graphics and gameplay for the last god knows how many years, and we've come down to, o if you love games and want the best looking games and fluid gameplay around go with ps4 but if thats not for you and you would rather have APPs and tv then xbox one is for you, i mean honestly its driving me mad, were here playing home consoles for the games last gen all i heard was every multiplat game was better on xbox 360 that is the system to play it's just better and now all the xbox lot are going xbox one is next gen because of apps lol completely in denial about graphics.

ps4 is the best home console there is, if you already have a tv and a pc and want the best looking games around and the best multiplats and the most variety in exclusives, and want to have a free console for apps and free to play games which are free then ps4 is the way to go, there are enough games out now to keep you entertained until the bigger games come out in the next couple of months it isn't long to go now.

Xbox One is for people who are die hard xbox fans to be honest, all the apps are behind the paywall so you have to give in to xbox live gold to even reach them, there aren't really any free to play games because you need xbox live gold to get online anyway, games at the moment are struggling to reach 1080p and the games which have reached it are missing many parts of the game and bad backgrounds (forza5).

But we live in an age where any one person can defend anything inferior and in there mind thats the better option.

the way i see it is Sony always deliver on their 1st party games all the way through the consoles life cycle, even once the new system is in they still support it, Microsoft on the other hand are renowned for producing small pockets of 1st party games and deserting the console nearing the end of it's life cycle.

Crash6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Crash6
Member since 2004 • 3525 Posts

Get a warranty if you do......

11_17_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 11_17_06
Member since 2006 • 765 Posts

If I was you I would just wait, until all the annoying hardware issues are finally fixed. Take it from me I've learned my lesson on getting a new console on day one, so not doing that again.

scgarfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 scgarfield
Member since 2007 • 286 Posts

Id wait... im having issues with a replacement console.

The current games line up is average at best for exclusives and PS+ PS4 games will be indys for a year minimum.

undeadgoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 undeadgoon
Member since 2006 • 706 Posts

@ewalthour: lmao.. yeah some people cant even decide what to have for dinner with out convincing on what they should have....

Headfcuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Headfcuk
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I intend to pick one up in the next few weeks, but I'll still be keeping my 360 as well until there's a better range of games for the PS4.

I don't see any harm in waiting, but I'm just excited to join this gen of gaming after the 8 years of the last one!

CARNAGES41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CARNAGES41
Member since 2007 • 313 Posts

Just wait until there is a game you want for it

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

im happy with my ps4...would be playing it a bit more if it wasnt for the fact that i still have a lot of great last gen games yet to play and finish. if i were you, wait until you have 5-10 games you want to play release on the ps4 before getting it

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

I was waiting till after the New Year, myself. I'm in a position to pick one up, but now I find myself waiting because of missing feauters.