tried killzone shadow fall.. guess its not for everyone

#1 Edited by Prince_Denspion (2608 posts) -

so i rented killzone for the PS4 and i'm glad I rented it and didn't buy it, 15 min into the game and I turned it off with no interest in playing it again.

It looks visually stunning but confusing and hard. I died several times in the first pick up of a gun at the beginning, i kept finding myself not clear on what i was to be doing and where to do.

Visually amazing but gameplay I think COD Ghost was better.

#2 Posted by SoNin360 (5504 posts) -

Well, I think it's ridiculous to completely give up on a game 15 minutes in. I think you should finish a game or at least give it a few hours before making any final conclusions.

#3 Edited by nyc05 (10183 posts) -

I made the huge mistake (oh that hindsight!) of making Killzone Shadow Fall one of my launch titles with PS4. I didn't just not like it, I actually hated it.

I rarely end up hating a game, largely because I'm great at knowing what I'll like and at what price a game will be worth it to me (buy when price matches my interest), but Shadow Fall got me. Not that I was expecting greatness, but I did think I'd be playing a decent shooter. Much to my shock and sadness, I was dead wrong.

Terrible game, IMO.

#4 Edited by VintAge68 (420 posts) -

I am just about replaying Shadow Fall on hard and find it quite *easier* than on my first playthrough (on normal): the point is once you know to handle the controls (that is, basically, the owl drone) it becomes almost easy to play since there is a gadget for about every situation, it's really well designed. Also, the multiplayer is great, the buddy drones (both friendly/enemy) have probably the best AI I've ever seen in a game so far...

I'd recommend you to take a good walkthrough and give it another try, for me Shadow Fall was/is so much worth playing :)

#5 Edited by Prince_Denspion (2608 posts) -

the OWL never responded to my touchpad swipes lol, only thing i did get to work was the zip line, when i swiped for attack, it would just come out and get shot at, it would never attack then i'd find myself having to jump in and get overwhelmed by a horde of enemies.

#6 Edited by VintAge68 (420 posts) -

@Prince_Denspion: Strange since one gets the Owl only at the begin of Chapter 2, after the Prologue (Ch.1), i.e., after about 15-20 mins so you won't have experienced its alleged mechanical flaws that much, I reckon.

#7 Posted by Prince_Denspion (2608 posts) -

@VintAge68 said:

@Prince_Denspion: Strange since one gets the Owl only at the begin of Chapter 1, after the Prologue, i.e., after about 15-20 mins so you won't have experienced its alleged mechanical flaws that much, I reckon.

15min may be an exaggeration, I did get as far as getting the OWL but not much past the zip line part, Actually I got the crash site and that's when i stopped playing.

#8 Edited by jasean79 (2375 posts) -

I didn't care for it either. It's just a mediocre FPS game, but I guess as launch titles go, it's not that bad. The MP was definitely more fun than the campaign, but that ain't saying much. I never finished the single player, I kept dying at one spot and decided that the game wasn't interesting enough to see it through to the end. Oh well. Amazon was offering a buy 2, get 1 sale at PS4 launch, so in retrospect I only spent about $30 for the game.

#10 Edited by marcheegsr (2842 posts) -

I loved it. Ya it was a little confusing at first (the owl takes time getting use to) but overall Im glad I bought it. I only paid $39.99 day 1 though.

The mp is good also but BF4 is my go to multiplayer shooter.

Ghosts was average to be honest.

#11 Posted by SgtSutton (349 posts) -

The campaign is so-so, I did get bored with it by the end. The MP is a lot better and worth a try.

#12 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2746 posts) -

the "game" is nothing more than a tech demo just like infamous second son

amazing graphics,awful story,awful characters,awful and tedious gameplay,awful mp,awful and short campaign

#13 Posted by blueboxdoctor (2397 posts) -

I liked it, not as much as KZ2 but it's still pretty good, at least for me, but I'm a fan of the series (including the PSP and Vita games). Though, some levels do get kind of boring and there's one section in particular towards the middle that I absolutely hate, but for the most part I enjoyed playing it. The MP is also really fun, it's like a nice mix of Halo and COD but still with some distinct KZ elements (and free maps).

#14 Posted by BattleSpectre (6236 posts) -

It was average. But if you kept dying in the opening scenes of the game, and found it difficult - no offense pal, but I'd stay away from shooters in general.

#15 Posted by MarcRecon (5854 posts) -

I wouldn't say that KZSF is a bad game, but I will say that I got bored with it halfway through.

It's an "Okay" tittle for a launch game.

#16 Posted by MarcRecon (5854 posts) -

@BattleSpectre said:

It was average. But if you kept dying in the opening scenes of the game, and found it difficult - no offense pal, but I'd stay away from shooters in general.

lol....I was thinking the same thing!

#17 Edited by CTR360 (7112 posts) -

killzone SF its better game of call of duty ghosts for me i rent it and i like it

#18 Edited by Prince_Denspion (2608 posts) -

@ShepardCommandr said:

the "game" is nothing more than a tech demo just like infamous second son

amazing graphics,awful story,awful characters,awful and tedious gameplay,awful mp,awful and short campaign

I just got Infamous Second Son yesterday and I've been really enjoying it so far.

#19 Edited by MondasM (1286 posts) -

it took me some time to get used to as well, honestly, i didn't finish it until i had completed the story mode of other game that i had... you have to get into the rhythm of the game, if you want to play it stealth based, you can (well except those horde attacks on various level finishes), on the other hand a mixed approach is ok as well, if you spend time discovering the map, you can find many useful items for the task at hand, so if you fail at first try, always look around for new weapons...

i strongly disagree to this game being a glorified tech-demo opinion, it is a solid game, but just as with every game, it may not appeal to everyone, it is not a twitch shooter, if one does not play it as a run'n'gun game, it isn't very challenging... :)

#20 Edited by Terrencec06 (3552 posts) -

campaign was meh..... but I must say I do enjoy the MP..... took a little getting used to.

#21 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

@marcheegsr said:

I loved it. Ya it was a little confusing at first (the owl takes time getting use to) but overall Im glad I bought it. I only paid $39.99 day 1 though.

Have u bought Wolfenstein yet?

#22 Posted by marcheegsr (2842 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@marcheegsr said:

Not yet man. Going to buy it this weekend and the play the hell out of it.

#23 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

@marcheegsr said:

@sukraj said:

@marcheegsr said:

Not yet man. Going to buy it this weekend and the play the hell out of it.

Cool the game is amazing i'm sure you will enjoy it.

#24 Posted by Heirren (17360 posts) -

I feel the same way. Can't seem to get into the game, and it is more about gameplay vs everything else. It's the first killzone that seems to have some artistic character and I really dig the music--reminds me of oldschool late 80s early 90s action flicks.

#25 Posted by Prince_Denspion (2608 posts) -

@MarcRecon said:

@BattleSpectre said:

lol....I was thinking the same thing!

lol, Normally I'd agree but any other shooters I've played I haven't died as much as killzone, i rarely died in COD: Ghost or even Killzone 2 and 3. I will give it more time to adjust and see if I get used to it.