Transfering PS3 Data from one PS3 to Another Using Ethernet Cable?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Me_Ann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Me_Ann
Member since 2007 • 1079 Posts

Must the cable's both end connected to both PS3? Or thru a router/seperate ethernet cables?

dk00111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 dk00111
Member since 2007 • 3123 Posts

The cable has to go from one PS3 to another, no routers. Here are instructions on how to do it.

Me_Ann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Me_Ann

Thanks. You can still use exactly same account/password(PSN) in the new PS3 right?

Wuflungdung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Wuflungdung
Member since 2007 • 634 Posts

yes, and expect the transfer to take many hours, took me like 6 hours for it to get done, even though it kept saying 2 hours left....

Me_Ann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Me_Ann

I only got saved games and trophies in my old PS3, will that still take hours?!

FIREKNIGHT19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FIREKNIGHT19
Member since 2010 • 467 Posts

I only got saved games and trophies in my old PS3, will that still take hours?!

Me_Ann

Trophy data is kept on the PSN servers, however make sure you sync the trophies before you do the transfer. All I had was game data, A lot of game data, on my PS3 before I transferred to a Slim. The whole transfer took me 1 hr 38 minutes.

Battlefield53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Battlefield53
Member since 2009 • 50 Posts

Can I choose what I want to transfer or does it transfer everything automatically?

Mine and my brothers accounts are both on my old 80gb fat ps3 and he's moving out and bought a 250gb slim but I also turned around and bought a new 500gb internal hdd. Can I just copyone accout over "data utility transfer" ? If possibleI just want to copy everything to his ps3 switch the hdd on my fat and transfer ONLY MY ACCOUNT back onto my 500gb hdd from his slim.I've went through all the steps and when I go onto data utility transfer it says, and I quote, "You can use data transfer utility to transfer (move or copy) data " ect but i dont know wheather to trust it. I havnt Done it yet because im scared it'll all @#$% up.

I don't know anyone with an external hdd and im not gunna buy one for $40 only to use it once for this purpose..

Any input would be greatly appreciated

PS:I tried copying files with a flash drive, 90% of the saves arent playable because game developers are all @$$#0!&$ and make it so only the save game attached to the original account works.