This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Ryder123 (1984 posts) -
So I'm still $126 away from my 40gb PS3, and I was thinking of trading in my ps2 and all my games, I think I will get about $60-70 for all of it, so is it a good idea? I played the hell out of all my ps2 games, and haven't played 90% of them for a long time.
#2 Posted by potterpipi (16597 posts) -
well... you'd get about $50 out of your ps2, if you have a lot of ps2 games, including new ones, maybe $20-$30... it's really your choice. I kept my ps2 and ps2 games.
#3 Posted by DealRogers (4583 posts) -
if you arent the collecting type and really dont play any of your games then what are you waiting for :P
#4 Posted by CADMAN_3 (1187 posts) -
Well if you don't play it any more then trade it in. But I still play mine alot, plus I went out and got a silver PS2 for when my black one finally goes out. You may end up kicking yourself for getting rid of it.
#5 Posted by IntegraBella (655 posts) -
I say keep your PS2 and the games. you never know when you'll hit that nostalgic feeling and want to play them again.
#6 Posted by bl4ck_magic34 (52 posts) -
i agree i still have my ps2 (2 of em) cuz its fun to play old CoDs and SOCOMs.
#7 Posted by realistic44 (7912 posts) -
Actually youll get 80 dollars out of it from gamestop.. check on it :)
#8 Posted by KurupSoldr (4094 posts) -
the only reason i kept my ps2 is becuase i am military and when i deploy there is no way i would bring my ps3 to the sandy deserts so my ps2 is the perfect gaming machinge to keep me going while i am gone. but i would test your ps2 and games on ebay you will get more even if its a bundle you could probably get your ps3 after that sale on ebay easily. just check out what prices are going for compared to the games you may sell
#9 Posted by Ryder123 (1984 posts) -
Actually youll get 80 dollars out of it from gamestop.. check on it :)realistic44
What do you mean? Im pretty sure the worker said $30 for the actual console...?
#10 Posted by KurupSoldr (4094 posts) -

[QUOTE="realistic44"]Actually youll get 80 dollars out of it from gamestop.. check on it :)Ryder123

name 5 good ps2 games you want to trade in i will give you an idea of what your missing out on by trading them in and what ps2 do you have regular or the mini one?

#11 Posted by realistic44 (7912 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ryder123"][QUOTE="realistic44"]Actually youll get 80 dollars out of it from gamestop.. check on it :)KurupSoldr

name 5 good ps2 games you want to trade in i will give you an idea of what your missing out on by trading them in and what ps2 do you have regular or the mini one?

Oh nah i was telling him, the playstation 2 system is 80 dollars, because i went over at gamestop and checked on it yesterday. im not going to sell mine, because it still is pretty good, i still play the gow series. lol,

#12 Posted by KurupSoldr (4094 posts) -
[QUOTE="KurupSoldr"]

[QUOTE="Ryder123"][QUOTE="realistic44"]Actually youll get 80 dollars out of it from gamestop.. check on it :)realistic44

Oh nah i was telling him, the playstation 2 system is 80 dollars, because i went over at gamestop and checked on it yesterday. im not going to sell mine, because it still is pretty good, i still play the gow series. lol,

he is talking about a trade in value, but here is a taste of how much a used slim ps2 is selling on ebay with out games and this is not even over yet

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-PlayStation-2-PS2-Slim_W0QQitemZ250246814863QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250246814863&_trksid=p4295

#13 Posted by Egyptman786 (1152 posts) -

I say keep your PS2 and the games. you never know when you'll hit that nostalgic feeling and want to play them again.IntegraBella

if he is getting a 40 gig then why would he want his ps2 games

#14 Posted by ddashboy242 (1257 posts) -
Do it do it do it do it!! :lol:
#15 Posted by footballstar07 (698 posts) -
keep ur ps2 and the games instead try doing errands for someone for money
#16 Posted by Ryder123 (1984 posts) -

I have a slim PS2 and these are all my PS2 games

NFS Most Wanted (Beat it)

NFS Underground 2 (Didn't finish it, but I haven't touched it in 2 years)

NFS Carbon (Beat it, and I also have it on PC so I'm not losing anything)

Midnight Club 2 (Beat it)

Midnight Club 3 (Beat it)

Midnight Club 3 Remix (Beat it)

James Bond Agent Under Fire (Never beat it, bought it for like 3 dollars)

Gran Turismo 4 (This game is so long its impossible to beat, but I will be getting Gran Turismo 5, so this is nothing to worry about)

Battlefield 2 Modern Combat (Beat it, and I have the superior PC version)

The Sims Bustin Out (Beat it)

Final Fantasy X-2 (Never beat it, and haven't played it in 3 years)

GTA San Andreas (Beat it 3 times, put over 160 hours into it, this is basically the only PS2 game I still play)

GTA Vice City Stories (Beat it the other day, I don't think I will be missing this one)

Sorry for long post =P

#17 Posted by realistic44 (7912 posts) -
Seems your a racing fan, i would keep your games however, just in case in the future you want to go for an upgrade, you always have your ps2 games to back you up ;)
#18 Posted by jimm895 (7703 posts) -

i agree i still have my ps2 (2 of em) cuz its fun to play old CoDs and SOCOMs.bl4ck_magic34

I got rid of my PS2 after I realized I never touched it after getting my PS3 60 gig. I have played just about all the COD, MOH, and am always playing Socom on the PS3 (I have the complete collection of Socom games).

#19 Posted by CADMAN_3 (1187 posts) -
Dude, just keep your system. If you're a true gamer then you'll you'll keep it cause you'll never know when you'll want to go back and play those games. Their are a lot of PS2 games that I still enjoy playing simple cause they're good. Doesn't matter how many times I've played or beat the games. Plus the 40 gig PS3 doesn't play PS2 games.