Tonight I played the PS3 in the UK.................

This topic is locked from further discussion.

davanius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 davanius
Member since 2005 • 226 Posts

There is only one word to describe it and that's disappointing.It is just not worth £425 no way.I went to a friends house who has a ps2 and ps3 and a xbox 360.Even he wasn't impressed.The controller is the most cheapest controller I have even seen.Then the dashboard layout was a joke,Sony are lazy.My friend said they literally took bits from the ps2 and psp and called it the ps3.

Motorstorm was ok but nothing much was in the background.F1 was good but again nothing much in the background.Virtual fighter 5 was average and a nba game demo in 1080p that looked like crap.

Guys,I am sorry for my opinions to those that will be offended but for £425 in the uk...........NO WAY!

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
:lol:
MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MGS9150
Member since 2004 • 2491 Posts
That post surpassed idiocy.
davanius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 davanius
I knew someone had to take it the wrong way but you have to understand that in the uk,we get charged more than america.So I am just saying that in my opinion........it's just not worth it and at least I have played it to know.
That post surpassed idiocy.MGS9150
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 emitsu97
:lol:x2!
Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Roushrsh
Member since 2005 • 3351 Posts
take your opinion to system wars .... guess this makes you a new troll lol
Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

There is only one word to describe it and that's disappointing.It is just not worth £425 no way.I went to a friends house who has a ps2 and ps3 and a xbox 360.Even he wasn't impressed.The controller is the most cheapest controller I have even seen.Then the dashboard layout was a joke,Sony are lazy.My friend said they literally took bits from the ps2 and psp and called it the ps3.

Motorstorm was ok but nothing much was in the background.F1 was good but again nothing much in the background.Virtual fighter 5 was average and a nba game demo in 1080p that looked like crap.

Guys,I am sorry for my opinions to those that will be offended but for £425 in the uk...........NO WAY!

davanius
Says the guy with the Gears of War icon *rolls eyes*
Avatar image for Devils_Joker_22
Devils_Joker_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Devils_Joker_22
Member since 2005 • 5592 Posts

1: Gears of war icon, tut tut

2: How did someone in the UK have a ps3, it doesnt come out for a month and a bit

3: *Leaves thread*

Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Roushrsh
[QUOTE="davanius"]

There is only one word to describe it and that's disappointing.It is just not worth £425 no way.I went to a friends house who has a ps2 and ps3 and a xbox 360.Even he wasn't impressed.The controller is the most cheapest controller I have even seen.Then the dashboard layout was a joke,Sony are lazy.My friend said they literally took bits from the ps2 and psp and called it the ps3.

Telekill
Says the guy with the Gears of War icon *rolls eyes*

lol i noticed that too
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
:lol:

try harder.
MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MGS9150
I knew someone had to take it the wrong way but you have to understand that in the uk,we get charged more than america.So I am just saying that in my opinion........it's just not worth it and at least I have played it to know.[QUOTE="MGS9150"]That post surpassed idiocy.davanius

I'm not taking the post the wrong way, its average lemming BS. Next time you want to post you should get some of your facts straight. Two of the games you mentioned arnt even out yet and there is no way you could have downloaded the NBA demo because the PS Store has not opened in europe yet.
LiquidMetal14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LiquidMetal14
Member since 2003 • 8196 Posts
Now that we have all pwned that dude who wants my recipe for blueberry muffins with a splash of ginger? I call it Blue-a-la-moouse-caca.
Devils_Joker_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Devils_Joker_22

Now that we have all pwned that dude who wants my recipe for blueberry muffins with a splash of ginger? I call it Blue-a-la-moouse-caca.LiquidMetal14

Count me in

Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Roushrsh
Now that we have all pwned that dude who wants my recipe for blueberry muffins with a splash of ginger? I call it Blue-a-la-moouse-caca.LiquidMetal14
YAY
Avatar image for fatmanforlife99
fatmanforlife99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fatmanforlife99
Member since 2006 • 29 Posts
OMG your **** stupid, gears icon and its not even out yet in the UK as a poster said before. WOW JUST WOW.
neo786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 neo786
Member since 2005 • 2855 Posts

Ye they took bits of a psp and a ps2..... right.....

i guess thate explains the blu-ray instead of umd, the improved graphics, the motion sensitive controller, im sure sony wud really need to use a psp and fuse it with a ps2 to make a ps3 wen the ps2 alone is more powerful then the psp....

Kman1086

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kman1086
Member since 2007 • 470 Posts
yea ummmmmmmmmmmm they dont have VF 5 out yet....
Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

When theres somthing strange, in your forums, who do you call? TROLL BUSTERSSSSSSS

Yeah busted.

davanius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 davanius

I actually went to his house with high expectation thinking that I might order one after recieving a email from amazon uk about pre ordering on the 19th of this month.So don't make me out to be a troll.I don't dislike the ps3,I just said that it is not worth the uk price.

Silly me for trying to communicate with a bunch of delusional fools!

MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MGS9150

Can we add bits and pieces of the PS2 and PSP to make it a supercomputer on a muffin?
Devils_Joker_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Devils_Joker_22

[QUOTE="LiquidMetal14"]Now that we have all pwned that dude who wants my recipe for blueberry muffins with a splash of ginger? I call it Blue-a-la-moouse-caca.MGS9150

Can we add bits and pieces of the PS2 and PSP to make it a supercomputer on a muffin?

Only if its got a little marcus shape coating on the top like display picture, then it would rawk!

MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MGS9150

I actually went to his house with high expectation thinking that I might order one after recieving a email from amazon uk about pre ordering on the 19th of this month.So don't make me out to be a troll.I don't dislike the ps3,I just said that it is not worth the uk price.

Silly me for trying to communicate with a bunch of delusional fools!

davanius

Since you are in the future could you tell me if VF 5 is any good. Oh and try to find out who wins fifa world cup 2010.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 emitsu97

davanius

I've owned one since US launch and find it every bit worth it.  The pricing bit doesn't translate the way you think it does.  It's a non-issue as far as comparing territories is concerend.
davanius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 davanius

Are you in the Uk?

How much did you pay for yours?

My friend payed £700 for his.

[QUOTE="davanius"]

emitsu97

I've owned one since US launch and find it every bit worth it.  The pricing bit doesn't translate the way you think it does.  It's a non-issue as far as comparing territories is concerend.

Devils_Joker_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Devils_Joker_22

Are you in the Uk?

How much did you pay for yours?

My friend payed £700 for his.[QUOTE="emitsu97"][QUOTE="davanius"]

davanius

You have just stumbled upon why your friends wasnt worth the price. $1200 is not worth any games console.

xbox830

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 xbox830
Member since 2005 • 822 Posts
how can u play it in the UK....:? that's that's impossible!  even if ur friend imported it i don't think Europe has a PS store yet so NO DEMO FOR YOU!!1 COME BACK IN ONE YEAR!!!!!!:lol:
Radiozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Radiozo
Member since 2006 • 2413 Posts
Impossible? Not really. You can import games from Asia for instance.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#30 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

davanius

davanius
My oh My the haters seem to be in full bloom today.
rocket9434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rocket9434
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts
Well it is your opinion. But please don't use harsh words (cheap controller??).
Avatar image for SpecialSauce987
SpecialSauce987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SpecialSauce987
Member since 2004 • 43 Posts

dude motorstorm is better than gears of war

814StopsToday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 814StopsToday
Member since 2007 • 1390 Posts

I knew someone had to take it the wrong way but you have to understand that in the uk,we get charged more than america.So I am just saying that in my opinion........it's just not worth it and at least I have played it to know.[QUOTE="MGS9150"]That post surpassed idiocy.davanius

Yeah, we also have higher average wages and a stonger currency, so in all honestly it's only cheaper for us to buy a PS3 from America, not for an American to buy a PS3 from there

davanius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 davanius

Ok,calling it cheap was probably a bit over the top but really guys..........if someone is disappointed with the system then there is no need to act like they are lying.You only need to check my contributions to see that I am not a ps3 hater,I just feel let down by sony at the moment because I was going to order one this week.

And for those who think I am lying about the demos,tommorow I will produce some pics to prove it.

Well it is your opinion. But please don't use harsh words (cheap controller??). rocket9434

davanius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 davanius
Dude,I am not a fanboy so I ain't gonna argue that case!

SpecialSauce987

tool_rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tool_rage
Member since 2005 • 756 Posts
I'll get a PS3 in 2008-2009.  Until then it isn't worth ****.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 emitsu97
Ok,calling it cheap was probably a bit over the top but really guys..........if someone is disappointed with the system then there is no need to act like they are lying.You only need to check my contributions to see that I am not a ps3 hater,I just feel let down by sony at the moment because I was going to order one this week.davanius

That's fine if you're disappointed. You can't expect to share your feelings with a large group of people who have the opposite opinion of you and not think a debate wouldn't ensue.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 emitsu97
I'll get a PS3 in 2008-2009. Until then it isn't worth ****.
tool_rage

To you.
-L-U-I-S-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#39 -L-U-I-S-
Member since 2006 • 3665 Posts

davanius
Says someone who has a gears icon, and also you have a friend that has the PS3...in UK?? It doesn launch until 5 weeks later so unless he had the money to import it that sounds completely bull....
coldkill19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 coldkill19
Member since 2007 • 1658 Posts
OK, davanius, dude. You can shut the hell up because everyone in this thread knows you're lying, the European launch hasn't even hit yet and you CAN'T but a PS3 from a European store in Europe when the launch hasn't happened. You, sir, are a liar and you're a 360 fanboy (GeOW avatar anyone?).
SuperSix6075

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41 SuperSix6075
Member since 2006 • 271 Posts

lol what a nub

tool_rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tool_rage
Member since 2005 • 756 Posts

SpecialSauce987

lol
BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#43 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
If you elaborated your complaints, maybe I'd believe you're disappointed and not a troll, but you just say you don't like anything about the system without saying what bother you. Cheap controller? Why? Because it's light? I mean, it's working, it's wireless, it's rechargable, what's the problem? Dashboard is a joke? Sony is lazy? What the heck do you mean? Nothing in the background of MotorStorm and F1? I don't even know what that's supposed to mean. VF5 was average? Well, it got a 9.5 so you just don't like beat 'em ups...
davanius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 davanius
Will you offer a apology tomorrow when you see the pics?
OK, davanius, dude. You can shut the hell up because everyone in this thread knows you're lying, the European launch hasn't even hit yet and you CAN'T but a PS3 from a European store in Europe when the launch hasn't happened. You, sir, are a liar and you're a 360 fanboy (GeOW avatar anyone?). coldkill19