To Those Who Played The Last of Us for PS3, Are You Buying the PS4 Version?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dujubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll To Those Who Played The Last of Us for PS3, Are You Buying the PS4 Version? (42 votes)

Of course! One of my favorite games/cant wait to see the upgrades! 45%
Nah! PS3 version is enough. 29%
Still 50/50 over this one! 17%
People say that we don't know what love is or how to make it grow 10%

With it being released in a few weeks, just wondering whats the consensus of the majority who played it on PS3.

• 
elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

Firstly ,I ain't got a PS4.

Secondly ,50 bucks is way too much for a re-run ,with all due respect.

And thirdly (and above all) ,in order to keep my impression on this game ,I know I should never play it again ,just have to leave it with the deep effect it had on me the first time.

So "nah ,the PS3 version is enough" is the best answer here.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

No, I got the Platinum in the PS3 version and there are far too many other games in my backlog to be worrying about replaying this game. BTW, to get the Platinum you have to play through the game multiple times so I have no interest in the PS4 version except for the DLC content. I paid full price for TLOU PS3 retail so I'm not going out of my way to increase that for one game, even if it's a great game.

Maybe I'll pick the PS4 version up next year for $20 or less just to play the DLC...that is if I don't see the DLC on a huge PS+ sale first for PS3. Whatever comes first, the TLOU DLC PS3 super cheap DLC or PS4 retail copy w/DLC super cheap.

I did the same thing for HD remakes I played the previous gen. I only bought HD remakes like GOW or MGS collection when they were super cheap or I skipped them the previous generation.

I can see TLOU being great for those new 360 to PS4 owners I keep running into online on PS4.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Of course not.Why the hell would i pay 50 for a game i played last year?(got the limited edition too)

A small graphics update is not enough.

I will play it again when it shows up on PS+ in like 2-3 years from now.

GiantAssPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GiantAssPanda
Member since 2011 • 1885 Posts
@ShepardCommandr said:

Of course not.Why the hell would i pay 50 for a game i played last year?(got the limited edition too)

A small graphics update is not enough.

I will play it again when it shows up on PS+ in like 2-3 years from now.

Pretty much. I'll get it once I can find the game cheap in a couple of years. There's not much replay value in TLoU anyway so I'm not interested in replaying it for a while.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I will because I traded in my ps3 version and regret it.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

2-4 years time for me, already played through the game 3x

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

yes im picking it up again. this will actually be my 3rd time buying it.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I'm glad I didn't buy it on the PS3 so I'll be getting the best version(not just graphics but DLC) of the game with a fresh perspective! But I do understand why some who have played it before aren't thrilled about it!!

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Nope...played it through twice on the PS3. Not interested in going back through it again for some slightly upgraded visuals.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Nah it is no point buy a game 2 times, but yeah if you never played it before 50bucks is fine.

Oh wait i just bought One piece unlimited world red for both Ps3 and WiiU... :P

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11  Edited By Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Bought and paid for

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts

Voted: Of course! One of my favorite games/cant wait to see the upgrades!

I already pay off my Pre-order last June and I already play and beat it on PS3 but I no longer own PS3 so I'm glad to see it coming to PS4 so I can finish up getting all the Trophies, [PS3 Trophies will carryover to PS4 version] I miss out a lot of DLC including Left Behind, and Last of Us is the only game that got Survival gameplay right and it fits the story right. Honestly, this is just GOTY with all the DLC and having it on PS4 is a bonus. Sure I may have play it in the past but I got spare CASH to buy this again so why not.

dujubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dujubear
Member since 2013 • 104 Posts

@EasyComeEasyGo Wait so trophies carry over? Cool. I plat the main game and Left Behind, but havent on other DLCs.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Definitely... can't wait to play it again.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

yes i cant wait for ps4 version i already playing last of us on ps3 on survivor diffucalty

lacmicmcd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 lacmicmcd
Member since 2014 • 27 Posts

I will be, I only got to play it once even though I bought it twice. It ended up sitting behind a whole crap ton of games I bought with it and never replayed it. I'm excited to see what improvements they have done and how it pans out on PS4.. I just generally enjoyed that game.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#17 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i didn't buy it for PS3, so i am getting the PS4 version

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

As much as I want to see the game in a "remastered" state, I see absolutely no reason to purchase something I've already played through 2+ times and spent a decent amount of time its MP. That said, I'm still tempted to get it at some point way down the road. When I get a PS4, I want to play PS4 games, not games I've already played on the PS3. But if I'm really feeling the urge to play the game again a couple of years from now, I think it may be worth checking out.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

Only if they give a discount if you bought the PS3 version..if not, I'll get it when it goes on sale.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts
@dalger21 said:

Only if they give a discount if you bought the PS3 version..if not, I'll get it when it goes on sale.

same here... :)

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

My main reason not to pick it up again because drive club will be out and Sherlock Holmes and maybe big little planet 3.. I do want to play the DLC that came out but not enough to pay $50. I barely played online and that could be cool too.

I too don't believe in rebuying games if I finished them before. It was a 9/10 and a very good story but I cant wait for uncharted 4.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I'm just on the verge of completing it right now (97% complete) and while I love it a lot, I don't think I'd pay $50 to reset my progress on a new console.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

When it's on sale, maybe. I only played through the PS3 version once and never played the MP so I would still get some value out of it (PS3 disc is damaged now).

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

I don't got a PS4, so no for me for now.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

I love how there are some of you going on about it ain't worth 50 bucks and yet no one ever batters an eye lid, at game of the year edition's and that's what we would of got anyway this year as it won game of year over 200 times from most websites, and with the DLC it's worth it.

plus i don't have my PS3 anymore so no last of us, might aswel get it back in my collection. only played through it once so

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I really enjoyed the game on PS3, but I only had it a short time before I sold all my PS3 stuff when I got the PS4. I never finished the game and I miss the online multiplayer.I know I won't mind double dipping in this game.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts
@dalger21 said:

Say they give you a discount if you got the PS3 version, how can you prove you bought the PS3 version ? I mean ,you just take your PS3 copy of the game to the shopkeeper or what ?

How does this deal work out ?

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I played it once on PS3 and never got the DLC. It's a definite buy for me on PS4.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@bezza2011: @ewalthour: if I knew what the gameplay look like then maybe I would get it but leaning towards waiting until price drop. I am still playing watchdog and trying to get to 100%. I am the type to focus playing one game at a time besides when I go back to sports games between ther types of games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#30 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Nah. I loved TLOU on the PS3 but its version was enough for me. The experience will be more or less the same. Also, in a few years, the original release will be more valuable just like Ico and SotC on the PS2 are more valuable then the HD collection or Zelda: Twilight Princess is more valuable for the GC than for the Wii

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#31 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

there's no point in buying the game all over again just because its on another system.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#32 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

there's no point of buying the same video game just because its on another system

DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DarkblueNinja
Member since 2009 • 1016 Posts

I'll buy it but maybe not right now because I think the price is still too high for a old game. I play alot of the multiplay-game (and still do) but Destiny Beta is out in a few days, so its depend how good the Destiny Beta is and if its bad then I'll probably buy the TLOU Remastered for the PS4.

Too bad Sony didn't give people with the PS3 version a better deal instead they let us pay like other people. 10-30% off for people that already own the PS3 version will be nice. Still a great game.

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DivineSword
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

I don't double dip, so no.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

@elkoldo said:
@dalger21 said:

Say they give you a discount if you got the PS3 version, how can you prove you bought the PS3 version ? I mean ,you just take your PS3 copy of the game to the shopkeeper or what ?

How does this deal work out ?

There is a record of me buying it digitally from last year when the game was released. All that would have to be done is reduce the price to something like 29.99 - 39.99 and I would buy it. Not buying it for 50 dollars when I already have it.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@ewalthour: I'm still just playing UFC, I honestly think it's to fight night for a UFC game and not enough flow, and honestly the controls are lack luster, there is a huge delay and very slow to react to any button press nothing seem's to flow, it such a boxing mechanic, feels like they've got huge gloves on, and i cannot believe it, every person has the same take downs, and no one is a mix martial artist, they just have one move set each, I mean you'd think at least bruce lee would have his own style but dame is is slow and has just a basic move set, it's just enjoyable for the online aspect i've got bored of the career aspect, honestly it just isn't EA MMA, at least that game was fun.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

i already beat the game and played through the DLC, so no..Maybe 2-3 years down the road when its in the bargain bin at Gamestop for like $10, then i might consider re-purchasing it.