Thoughts on The Last of Us Remastered

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for thegamingjunkie
thegamingjunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By thegamingjunkie
Member since 2014 • 309 Posts

I recently started playing TLoU Remastered on the PS4, since I didn't get the change to play it on the PS3. So far, I'm having a great time with it. Love the story and gameplay. However, I did expect more from the graphics- a lot more; kind of. Nonetheless, I'm uber satisfied with it and loving it. I'm loving the gameplay equally as I love the story too (not sure why there's so many negativity around the gameplay)

Anyone else?

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

First time playing it as well. It's probably one of my all time favorite single player games, and I've played a lot of games (25ish years of gaming experience). Everything about it is absolutely brilliant. The story, writing, gameplay, and sound design. The graphics are pretty good, I didn't expect them to be much better and that's coming from a primarily PC gamer with a high end rig.

11/10 game, one of the greatest of all time

Avatar image for thegamingjunkie
thegamingjunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 thegamingjunkie
Member since 2014 • 309 Posts

@k3ck: same, definitely going to be one of my favorite games of all time.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Glad u gamers are enjoying the game.

Avatar image for donjuancorleone
DonJuanCorleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 DonJuanCorleone
Member since 2014 • 538 Posts

i finished it on the ps3, got it again for the ps4. Graphics arent that much of an upgrade. I really dont think ill be finishing this again, not grabbing me like the first time round.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Yeah I'm enjoying playing it again... The graphics look pretty nice but I think the best thing is 60FPS. Feels so smooth.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#7 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I'll be picking it up next week, I've never played it on the PS3 so I'll be looking forward to playing the superior version with all the extras on the PS4.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Took advantage of the gamestop deal and had a 10 dollar thing so picked it up for 15.

Played it on the ps3 and had been wanting to replay it. Did notice a markable difference when it came to the 60 fps. The other visual upgrades also make some noticble improvement. Not that it didn't look great before, now it just looks that much better.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

I'll be picking it up end of the month, I'll treat myself to it, as it is my birthday, I completed when it came out around that time last year, lol crazy to think i bought this as a birthday treat last year and i'll do the same this year lol, plus i'm expecting GTA5 to come out end of sept to.

Jermone123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jermone123
Member since 2006 • 803 Posts

I have to say I was VERY excited to play this game since I never owned a PS3 and after hearing how good this game is. I was excited about the graphics thinking that the update to it from last gen will make it the best looking game on PS4 so far. I have to say.... I am definitely disappointed in the graphics. Not that there bad... but they are not that good. I was kind of expecting to be blown away : / I was wondering if anyone felt the same as I do.

The cut scenes look amazing. But when you get back into the gameplay the textures go back down. It seems like the resolution of the textures go up in some enclosed areas and then go down in outdoor wider areas. I think NBA 2K14 and AC4 are still the best looking PS4 games that I have played. I have not gotten o play Killzone or Infamous yet so I can not speak for those.

Ugh, its just too bad LOUR could not be made for the PC. This game would truly spread its wings on a high level PC rig. Too bad...

As for the game itself though... I am loving it so far : )

BTW I am REALLY hoping GTA5 impresses me more visually. So damn excited for that game.

Avatar image for Zombiekiller360
Zombiekiller360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zombiekiller360
Member since 2006 • 389 Posts

Played on PS3 my favorite game of all time :) 15/10

DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DarkblueNinja
Member since 2009 • 1016 Posts

I want to buy it so I can finish the singleplay DLC and play the multiplay but the multiplay on the PS3 is still strong so there is no rush for me to buy it. Maybe when the new multiplay DLC is out then I may buy it.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#13  Edited By chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

I played it on the PS3 don't really think it's worth getting if you have already got it on that console. Anyway hoping anyone who you all enjoyed the experience because it was my favourite game of last year.

gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gcfreak898
Member since 2003 • 2031 Posts

Game is awesome but, the multi player needs a little work.