Thoughts of Lords of Shadow 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by LordTrexGuy (466 posts) -

What do you guys think of Lords of Shadow 2? The first game in my opinion was a masterpiece, and had one of my favorite stories in a video game, right up there with Crisis Core. Seeing Trollspot's review on Lords of Shadow 2 though, came as a bit of a surprise, because I expected at least an 8.5. Maybe the devs didn't pay GS enough or maybe it's just that this site has become Titanspot and the staff doesn't care about anything else. I haven't bought the game yet, but what do you people think of it? Is it as good as the first one and better than reviews suggest? I certainly will buy this game no one's gonna stop me muhaha, but what are your opinions on the game?

#2 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (7789 posts) -

A game reviewer gives a game you haven't even played yet, a good score, and you complain about them being trolls and not being paid enough to give a positive review, even though they did give a positive review?

Seems like a legit complaint.

#3 Edited by clr84651 (5446 posts) -

I'm sure it's just fine. I can't say for sure until I play it.

#4 Posted by LordTrexGuy (466 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

A game reviewer gives a game you haven't even played yet, a good score, and you complain about them being trolls and not being paid enough to give a positive review, even though they did give a positive review?

Seems like a legit complaint.

The game released early here and after playing just 1 hour in, I believe the game is great. Also, if the game is supposedly a 'step-up' according to Gamespot from Lords of Shadow, shouldn't it at least get an 8.5? And since was anything below an 8 considered good, eh? 2 notches above average doesn't even remotely mean good, more like decently fair. I asked for your opinion on the and not for you to come here and whine about my opinion. All you've been doing on the boards is bashing mobile gaming, bashing Xbox One and bashing Thief. Please give a helpful opinion or don't bother giving one.

#5 Edited by cooolio (472 posts) -

To be honest the most that I played of the first Lords of Shadow is the demo. Now, you may think that the game is deserving of a better score, but that does not make your right or make gamespot and less credible. Personally, after playing both demos I do not see anything masterpiece worthy. Maybe i would have appreciated the first Lords of Shadow if i played it when it first came out. Different people will often have different standards and higher expectations. After watching a walkthrough of LOS2 I did not notice anything that looked amazing.

#6 Posted by MethodManFTW (25745 posts) -

I absolutely loved Lords of Shadow 1...

I'm a few hours into Lords of Shadow 2 and it has not been a great experience... Though most every review has noted the first five hours or so suck and it gets better as you go.

#7 Posted by CTR360 (7076 posts) -

dont deserve low scores for me LOS2 its fantastic experience

#8 Edited by armordante (8 posts) -

http://henleyroofing.net/хит-помпеи-смотреть-онлайн-в-хорошем-качестве-hd-720p-2014

http://henleyroofing.net/в-спорте-только-девушки-смотреть-фильм-онлайн-в-хорошем-качестве-2014

#9 Edited by ristactionjakso (5726 posts) -

Of the 2 hours or so I've been playing I really like it. 7 isn't a bad score and I haven't played it enough to give it a score but it's pretty good so far.

#10 Edited by sssb (470 posts) -

I intend to buy the game but when saw many reviews i din't like stealth part, but i love the game so i'll get it soon in sha allah i don't care about review.

#11 Posted by LordTrexGuy (466 posts) -

@cooolio said:

To be honest the most that I played of the first Lords of Shadow is the demo. Now, you may think that the game is deserving of a better score, but that does not make your right or make gamespot and less credible. Personally, after playing both demos I do not see anything masterpiece worthy. Maybe i would have appreciated the first Lords of Shadow if i played it when it first came out. Different people will often have different standards and higher expectations. After watching a walkthrough of LOS2 I did not notice anything that looked amazing.

You really should play the whole of the first game to truly appreciate Lords of Shadow 2. You're missing out on a great story.

#12 Posted by ristactionjakso (5726 posts) -

@sssb said:

I intend to buy the game but when saw many reviews i din't like stealth part, but i love the game so i'll get it soon in sha allah i don't care about review.

Know what's really funny? There isn't anything wrong with the stealth at all. All it is is you turning into a rat, finding a vent to crawl into, bite electrical wires to unlock certain doors. And you can throw a swarm pf bats at enemies, some enemies will try to help that guy out and you can come up behind him and posses him to walk on by enemies.

The only real reason you would want to sneak is because Dracula isn't at his full power yet and some enemies are really powerful. Trust me, I tried taking them on and they kill you within 3 hits.

#13 Posted by AgeThe6 (97 posts) -

I finished the game up earlier I really enjoyed it thought it was a great game. the stealth mechanics are not as bad as people put on to be and the first hour or so is pretty good but it picks up a lot after that.

and this is coming from somebody that has been waiting for this game since the first one and the DS game.

#14 Posted by armordante (8 posts) -

http://forums.chronoblade.com/index.php?threads/ghfdg-Я-Франкенштейн-смотреть-онлайн-фильм-в-hd.3926/

http://forums.chronoblade.com/index.php?threads/riki-Помпеи-2014-смотреть-онлайн-в-hd.3933/

http://forums.chronoblade.com/index.php?threads/Волк-с-Уолл-стрит-2013-смотреть-online-в-hd-jhgaljh.3937/

#15 Posted by MethodManFTW (25745 posts) -

@ristactionjakso said:

@sssb said:

I intend to buy the game but when saw many reviews i din't like stealth part, but i love the game so i'll get it soon in sha allah i don't care about review.

Know what's really funny? There isn't anything wrong with the stealth at all. All it is is you turning into a rat, finding a vent to crawl into, bite electrical wires to unlock certain doors. And you can throw a swarm pf bats at enemies, some enemies will try to help that guy out and you can come up behind him and posses him to walk on by enemies.

The only real reason you would want to sneak is because Dracula isn't at his full power yet and some enemies are really powerful. Trust me, I tried taking them on and they kill you within 3 hits.

I haven't came across any sections where the stealth broken per say, but it's just not fun.. I would certainly prefer it if you could turn off stealth sections like you can turn off quick time events. :P

#16 Edited by SlyRoxas97 (59 posts) -

I thought the demo was really fun, I'm gonna buy it regardless of the reviews. But I'm gonna wait till it gets down to around $20, and I gotta play the first game.

#17 Posted by ristactionjakso (5726 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@ristactionjakso said:

@sssb said:

I intend to buy the game but when saw many reviews i din't like stealth part, but i love the game so i'll get it soon in sha allah i don't care about review.

Know what's really funny? There isn't anything wrong with the stealth at all. All it is is you turning into a rat, finding a vent to crawl into, bite electrical wires to unlock certain doors. And you can throw a swarm pf bats at enemies, some enemies will try to help that guy out and you can come up behind him and posses him to walk on by enemies.

The only real reason you would want to sneak is because Dracula isn't at his full power yet and some enemies are really powerful. Trust me, I tried taking them on and they kill you within 3 hits.

I haven't came across any sections where the stealth broken per say, but it's just not fun.. I would certainly prefer it if you could turn off stealth sections like you can turn off quick time events. :P

Ya, but there are worse "forced" things in other video games tho. I really like how they put in turning off the qte in LoS2.

#18 Posted by MethodManFTW (25745 posts) -

@ristactionjakso said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@ristactionjakso said:

@sssb said:

I intend to buy the game but when saw many reviews i din't like stealth part, but i love the game so i'll get it soon in sha allah i don't care about review.

Know what's really funny? There isn't anything wrong with the stealth at all. All it is is you turning into a rat, finding a vent to crawl into, bite electrical wires to unlock certain doors. And you can throw a swarm pf bats at enemies, some enemies will try to help that guy out and you can come up behind him and posses him to walk on by enemies.

The only real reason you would want to sneak is because Dracula isn't at his full power yet and some enemies are really powerful. Trust me, I tried taking them on and they kill you within 3 hits.

I haven't came across any sections where the stealth broken per say, but it's just not fun.. I would certainly prefer it if you could turn off stealth sections like you can turn off quick time events. :P

Ya, but there are worse "forced" things in other video games tho. I really like how they put in turning off the qte in LoS2.

Is there? I think forced stealth sequences that result in auto-fail are about the worst thing you can shove into a game that isn't designed primarily for stealth. :P

#19 Posted by ristactionjakso (5726 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@ristactionjakso said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@ristactionjakso said:

@sssb said:

I intend to buy the game but when saw many reviews i din't like stealth part, but i love the game so i'll get it soon in sha allah i don't care about review.

Know what's really funny? There isn't anything wrong with the stealth at all. All it is is you turning into a rat, finding a vent to crawl into, bite electrical wires to unlock certain doors. And you can throw a swarm pf bats at enemies, some enemies will try to help that guy out and you can come up behind him and posses him to walk on by enemies.

The only real reason you would want to sneak is because Dracula isn't at his full power yet and some enemies are really powerful. Trust me, I tried taking them on and they kill you within 3 hits.

I haven't came across any sections where the stealth broken per say, but it's just not fun.. I would certainly prefer it if you could turn off stealth sections like you can turn off quick time events. :P

Ya, but there are worse "forced" things in other video games tho. I really like how they put in turning off the qte in LoS2.

Is there? I think forced stealth sequences that result in auto-fail are about the worst thing you can shove into a game that isn't designed primarily for stealth. :P

Ya forced stealth is pretty bad, but I'd rather do that than forced timed segments or forced escort missions.

LoS 2 shouldn't have forced stealth tho, your'e correct.

#20 Edited by MethodManFTW (25745 posts) -

Ah yes, both of those suck as well.

Read this thread game developers! :P