Thinking of getting a ps3...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nooblet69 (5162 posts) -

Hey all, I had a ps3 a few years ago which was a fatty 4gb model. It broke on me like 6 months after I got it. Never bothered getting a new one. I'm interested in getting one again for some games like GTA V, Last of US, Metal Gear Solid Legacy, etc. Do the newer slim ps3's break as much? I wanna buy a used one from ebay cheap... Thanks for any help with this.

#2 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9646 posts) -
I wanna buy a used one from ebay cheap... nooblet69
No. If you are going to do that, then dont by a PS3 at all.
#4 Posted by jetjetjaguar (243 posts) -

For me to take a chance on a used console (any console) the savings would have to be large.  Over 50 percent.  I see that one on-line site is doing a new 500GB PS3, AC3, bundle right now for $290.  That is a heck of a lot of hardware and fun for such a low price.....

Does't come with an HDMI cable though....

#5 Posted by MarcRecon (5604 posts) -

Hey all, I had a ps3 a few years ago which was a fatty 4gb model. It broke on me like 6 months after I got it. Never bothered getting a new one. I'm interested in getting one again for some games like GTA V, Last of US, Metal Gear Solid Legacy, etc. Do the newer slim ps3's break as much? I wanna buy a used one from ebay cheap... Thanks for any help with this.

nooblet69

Dude, the slims have a low failure rate and they are reasonably price brand new...never buy a used console...PERIOD:)

#6 Posted by Garydbz25 (124 posts) -

nooblet69

I just paid £100  on ebay including postage for a 12gb super slim ps3 in good condition and comes with fifa 13 and most wanted.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200941619022?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

#7 Posted by lowkey254 (5904 posts) -

The older ones don't break that easily. There are plenty of fatties still working. You should have contacted Sony because it was still under warranty, unless you bought it used.