Thief ps4 question-

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 ShangTsung7
Member since 2014 • 250 Posts

I'm just past the intro at the lockdown, where you're supposed to sneak into the jewelry store, problem is after i pick the lock 2 guys that look like ninjas jump out already in attack mode, and these Aholes are on steroids or something cause i can't seem to beat them no matter how hard i try. Can somebody please explain how to take these guys out? Is there some secret involved? I have no problems pwning the 3 watch guards in front of the store out in the streets, i can avoid taking a single hit from them! but once i pick that jewelry store lock and the ninjas run out its over. Am i doing something wrong? :/

SgtSutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 SgtSutton
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

You can sneak through and knock one guy out who is sleeping in a chair. Also you need to remember that sneaking and not fighting is a better strategy. For this part I knocked the sleeping guy out, then waited for the other guard to be far away in his route and pick the lock then.

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ShangTsung7

@SgtSutton said:

You can sneak through and knock one guy out who is sleeping in a chair. Also you need to remember that sneaking and not fighting is a better strategy. For this part I knocked the sleeping guy out, then waited for the other guard to be far away in his route and pick the lock then.

i'm trying to sneak but these two ninja dudes come running out already fully alerted once you pick the lock! it triggers them to come running up, thats why i thought you had to fight them, see now i'm starting to wonder if my game is glitched, perhaps i should start the whole level over?

SgtSutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SgtSutton

Your at the very beginning right? And theres two armored guards? Stealing the fake mask from the jeweler?

When I did it nobody attacked me after I picked the lock, and I described to you how I went through that part. Your part might be glitched, maybe retry that part if possible. They shouldn't attack you as you pick it, so its either glitched or you are trying to early to pick it, it did take me a few times though, its difficult to get used to.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Only thing I can think of is either, yeah it's a glitch or maybe you're alerting the guards with a noisy unsuccessful lock-pick?

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ShangTsung7

@SgtSutton said:

Your at the very beginning right? And theres two armored guards? Stealing the fake mask from the jeweler?

When I did it nobody attacked me after I picked the lock, and I described to you how I went through that part. Your part might be glitched, maybe retry that part if possible. They shouldn't attack you as you pick it, so its either glitched or you are trying to early to pick it, it did take me a few times though, its difficult to get used to.

it was obviously glitched somehow.. lol i restarted the whole area, stealthed through it, found the one sleeping in the chair you were mentioning, and the other whom i avoided, cleared it with no alerts. not sure how that happened but yea.. it was glitched.

SgtSutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SgtSutton

@shangtsung7 said:

@SgtSutton said:

it was obviously glitched somehow.. lol i restarted the whole area, stealthed through it, found the one sleeping in the chair you were mentioning, and the other whom i avoided, cleared it with no alerts. not sure how that happened but yea.. it was glitched.

That makes more sense now haha. I was wondering how you were having so much problems with it. That wouldn't be a good way to start the game

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ShangTsung7

@SgtSutton said:

@shangtsung7 said:

@SgtSutton said:

That makes more sense now haha. I was wondering how you were having so much problems with it. That wouldn't be a good way to start the game

well i think the problem stemmed from how i first began that area, on my first attempt i stealthed past the first two watchmen outside no problem but the 3rd one caught me on my route to the jewelry store and i decided to just go ahead with the kill since i was already there when i should have restarted, this somehow left the two ninja guards inside the store on permanent alert.. it was mostly my own fault tho.