The Vita needs to hurry up with the genre that sold the PSP quick!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheTolemac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheTolemac
Member since 2013 • 94 Posts
Action Shooting genre: From enhanced editions of old school shooters To R-type Tactics To Fire Team Bravoe To Killzone:Liberation To Acecombat To Megaman To Medal of Honor Heroes To Coded Arms To Ratchet and Clank To Different versions of POPULAR console shooters with unique featurs To Space Invaders Extreme To Darius To Dead to Rights To Infected To lots more. The Vita lacks in Tactical shooter, scrolling, arcade, classic, FPS, TPS, Strategy, overhead, Hybirds, action shooting games which sold the PSP in spades and even helped put it ahead of the DS parts of its lifespan(of course not overall but you know what I mean.) We have Bops:Declassified, and a horrible Resistance game. Nothing else. Nothing.
Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts
[QUOTE="TheTolemac"]Action Shooting genre: From enhanced editions of old school shooters To R-type Tactics To Fire Team Bravoe To Killzone:Liberation To Acecombat To Megaman To Medal of Honor Heroes To Coded Arms To Ratchet and Clank To Different versions of POPULAR console shooters with unique featurs To Space Invaders Extreme To Darius To Dead to Rights To Infected To lots more. The Vita lacks in Tactical shooter, scrolling, arcade, classic, FPS, TPS, Strategy, overhead, Hybirds, action shooting games which sold the PSP in spades and even helped put it ahead of the DS parts of its lifespan(of course not overall but you know what I mean.) We have Bops:Declassified, and a horrible Resistance game. Nothing else. Nothing.

drop the price to $200 and and drop memor card prices and the vita will sell like hot cakes and everyone loves hot cakes
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

They need to lower the price and include 4GB Memory cards with every console. Personally I think the Vita, has a lot of great games out at the moment. And while 2013 is looking bleak there are a few gems to be had.

lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lilnazar
Member since 2011 • 1923 Posts

Why does everybody complain about the Vita's price? It's cheap. What's not cheap tho is the memory cards.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#5 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
This is true.
Avatar image for The_Golden_Age-
The_Golden_Age-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 The_Golden_Age-
Member since 2012 • 172 Posts

I'm pretty sure that if it was any one genre that pushed PSP it was RPGs. That being said, it could use more of these games for sure. Killzone: Liberation is one of my favourite PSP games.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#7 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
It was the open-world action genre that pushed the PSP in North America, specifically Grand Theft Auto. Most games mentioned in the first post didn't even do particularly well at retail.
Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts
Pretty sure it was the RPGs. Crisis Core and Disgaea, Valkyrie Profile and Valkyria Chronicles, and just so much more .
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
Those would be nice down the road but we need bigger sellers like gta and god of war at this point.
TheTolemac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheTolemac
Member since 2013 • 94 Posts
Pretty sure it was the RPGs. Crisis Core and Disgaea, Valkyrie Profile and Valkyria Chronicles, and just so much more .Victorious_Fize
No, it was Action shooting games of many genres, even in japan, where they had many of the scrolling kind, while we had scrolling but more TPS, Arcade, FPS, and tactical/strategy.
ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City and Vice City Stories. The end.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
I would kill for another Fire Team Bravo, Ratchet and Clank (which I completely expect them to make at some point) and MegaMan game.
BradHummr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 BradHummr
Member since 2005 • 1096 Posts
Oh man, listed a lot of my favorites TC. :D I'd also like to say the Syphon Filter games helped out quite a bit, if I remember right they were fairly good sellers and Logan's Shadow specifically is one of my favorite PSP games of all time (I feel like I've mentioned that here before? o.0). Here's hoping for a new Syphon Filter on the PSV to finally end the cliffhanger...it's only been what....five and a half years since the PSP release?
lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lilnazar
Member since 2011 • 1923 Posts

What made the PSP sell like hot cakes, is once it got hacked. Yes i am not ashamed to tell that i was a buyer because of that. And i think PSP had more unique games, like Ape Escape and those fun games. While the Vita is in a new gen and stopped simply deliver those kind of games (i think so). We get more modern games, which ain't that shabby, but i liked when the PSP had those fun exclusive games.

That's my theory why the PSP sold a lot. Let's just hope Sony comes with awesome exclusives, then the Vita will catch up in sales.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#15 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's JRPGs; Square Enix and Atlus's support for the PSP made its library shine.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts

What made the PSP sell like hot cakes, is once it got hacked. Yes i am not ashamed to tell that i was a buyer because of that. And i think PSP had more unique games, like Ape Escape and those fun games. While the Vita is in a new gen and stopped simply deliver those kind of games (i think so). We get more modern games, which ain't that shabby, but i liked when the PSP had those fun exclusive games.

That's my theory why the PSP sold a lot. Let's just hope Sony comes with awesome exclusives, then the Vita will catch up in sales.

lilnazar
Psp was selling good before it got hacked/pirated.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Actually along a price-cut, I think PSV needs these type of 'exclusives' or multiplats to sell

MGS

Final Fantasy

Monster Hunter

Kingdom Hearts

Dragon Quest

GOW

Gran Turismo

Papaton

GTA

COD (A good version of the game not the crap that was Declassified)

Valkyria Chronicles

SOCOM

etc etc

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#20 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Super Stardust Delta is a pretty fun space shooter.

DISSESHOWEDO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DISSESHOWEDO
Member since 2010 • 1775 Posts

Why does everybody complain about the Vita's price? It's cheap. What's not cheap tho is the memory cards.

lilnazar

Agree, the only thing i dislike is the price of the MC, heck they don't even sell 32gb model in my country !

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I came to the thread thinking RPGs, but you make a good point.  Granted, I'd like to have a new RPG for the Vita, and a WRPG would be kind of cool (like Skyrim) or even better, a Dark/Demon's Souls spin-off.

As for action games, we're really just looking forward to KZ right now.  A GTA would be cool or any open-world game along those lines (i.e. Saints Row or even a Dead Island type game, just something big).

michel3105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 michel3105
Member since 2013 • 80 Posts
Personally, it was MGS: Peace Walker that made me buy the PSP. Then, I discovered it had other very good games. Then.
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Yes I also forgot that the PSP also had lots of good shooters. The PSP became the home of RPG's. But yep Shooters of First Person, Third person, Arcade and on rails. As well as my favorite Shoot them ups. Could not hurt. PSvita with Dual Analog sticks thus far. Not many shooter except 3 first person shooters which had managed to Flop. Call of Duty, Resistance and Unit 13.

Unit 13 could have been a great new series for PSvita. Call of Duty Declassified and Resistance Burning Skies were just badly or rushed ports that should have been better. Instead these games flopped.

Sony needs to have a decent shooter for the Vita. How can 3 First person shooter flop in a row. Now that there is finally twin Analog sticks which should make FPS better on Vita than they were on PSP.

michel3105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 michel3105
Member since 2013 • 80 Posts
How can 3 First person shooter flop in a rowMegavideogamer
Nice question. Perhaps it was a mix of impossible deadlines from Sony + low resources investment by the developers, afraid to waste time and money for low selling titles. Maybe Killzone will set things right.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#26 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

they need to get games,  no i dont mean your resistances or killzones uncharteds - little big planets , or modnation racers they have to strike deals with ubisoft-driver  ea-nfs spyo and crash developers also bring out twisted metal and gt , they really would  get ps1 fans back ,but unfortunatelly I don't see this happening 

its been one year they need to hurry and do something, anything but ps3 titles  Â