The RPG Lounge [OT Approved] UPDATE ON LAST PAGE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#401 Posted by xGamePlayerx19 (378 posts) -

Dont get the hate with 358/2 days, I found it to be really enoyable, 3D was good but it just didnt sit as well afterwards as 358/2 did to me.

#402 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Dont get the hate with 358/2 days, I found it to be really enoyable, 3D was good but it just didnt sit as well afterwards as 358/2 did to me.

xGamePlayerx19

358/2 days was really boring for me. Incredibly repetitive missions and for whatever reason I cared little about Xion. I actually ended up enjoying re:coded more due to the battle system. To each his own though.

#403 Posted by xGamePlayerx19 (378 posts) -

[QUOTE="xGamePlayerx19"]

whiskeystrike

358/2 days was really boring for me. Incredibly repetitive missions and for whatever reason I cared little about Xion. I actually ended up enjoying re:coded more due to the battle system. To each his own though.

Well it is repetitive I'll admit, maybe it's because it was the first ds game to really pull me in from a story, the ending to 358/2 was great imo. As for re:coded, I actually havent looked to much into it to be honest, heard it was a remake of the first one but Im probably wrong. Hows the battle system? Is it the card system like chain of memories?

#404 Posted by Texas2089 (16445 posts) -

[QUOTE="Texas2089"]

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]

So shut up ! ! . . . With your pointless friggin opinions . . . lol 

Chuubby

If you made 3D it's own entry I actually might have voted for that instead, but you bogged it down with 358/2 Days and Re:Coded. You have anger issues lol I just offer you suggestions to make your polls better and you get all worked up.  It's called constructive criticism :P

3D is honestly one of the most disapointing games i've ever played, I don't know how anybody could rank it higher than KH 1 or 2.  :?

Depends on what you're talking about. Each persona has different reasons for preferring different games. From an overall quality standpoint it has the best combat and overall gameplay in the series, and while I didn't like the forced dropping, the back and forth story with Riku and Sora was pretty good. I'd say the quality at least rivals KH II and BBS. KH I and II will always have special places for me because of the feeling I got playing them, and admittedly I didn't get quite the same feeling from 3D (a big reason why I did end up voting for KH II), but it was by no means a bad game.
#405 Posted by Texas2089 (16445 posts) -

xGamePlayerx19
I enjoyed 358/2 Days too, but 3D was the much better game. 358/2 Days just took too long to get going. The story doesn't get interesting until about halfway to 2/3 of the way through, and coupled with the repetitive mission structure it just felt more of a chore to play through the beginning parts. Once things got going I did enjoy it well enough though. I find the whole Organization XIII backstory to be pretty cool so seeing more of it was probably the thing that kept my interest the most with the game.
#406 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

[QUOTE="xGamePlayerx19"]

xGamePlayerx19

Well it is repetitive I'll admit, maybe it's because it was the first ds game to really pull me in from a story, the ending to 358/2 was great imo. As for re:coded, I actually havent looked to much into it to be honest, heard it was a remake of the first one but Im probably wrong. Hows the battle system? Is it the card system like chain of memories?

It's a remake of some silly cell phone game that released in Japan a long time ago. The story is literally your journal becomes corrupted so you have to unglitch each world you already went through. And you only go through like 8 of them.  It adds absolutely nothing to the overarching storyline so not much reason to get it. It's very short, I think I finished it in 13 hours?

The battle system is actually the battle system Kingdom Hearts 3D is based off of. Some very satisfying moves you can pull off but it's a bit flashy. The ending boss fight is pretty sweet as well.

All in all it doesn't really stack up well against the rest of the series due to lack of creativity, awful platforming elements, crap tier story and whatnot but if the battle system appeals to you it might be worth a shot.

#407 Posted by Young_Charter (19869 posts) -

[QUOTE="xGamePlayerx19"]

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

whiskeystrike

It's a remake of some silly cell phone game that released in Japan a long time ago. The story is literally your journal becomes corrupted so you have to unglitch each world you already went through. And you only go through like 8 of them.  It adds absolutely nothing to the overarching storyline so not much reason to get it. It's very short, I think I finished it in 13 hours?

The battle system is actually the battle system Kingdom Hearts 3D is based off of. Some very satisfying moves you can pull off but it's a bit flashy. The ending boss fight is pretty sweet as well.

All in all it doesn't really stack up well against the rest of the series due to lack of creativity, awful platforming elements, crap tier story and whatnot but if the battle system appeals to you it might be worth a shot.

They were pretty much milking the series due to the original team having their hands full on Versus XIII
#408 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

xGamePlayerx19

is 358/2 days the 3 hour cutscene in this game?

#409 Posted by Young_Charter (19869 posts) -
^^^ lol . . . :lol:
#410 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

^^^ lol . . . :lol:Young_Charter

sorry aha, i heard one of the games in this game was turned into a cutscene XD

#411 Posted by Young_Charter (19869 posts) -

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]^^^ lol . . . :lol:Sweenix

sorry aha, i heard one of the games in this game was turned into a cutscene XD

No its fine because you're absolutely correct. lol right on the money.
#412 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

phew :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8MhJfU7p_o

Kingdom Hearts HD english trailer :P

#413 Posted by Yangire (8796 posts) -

phew :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8MhJfU7p_o

Kingdom Hearts HD english trailer :P

Sweenix

Too bad for people who haven't played 1 and CoM since that spoils a lot of stuff.

#414 Posted by Texas2089 (16445 posts) -
For anyone interested, FFX and X-2 HD remaster has now officially been conformed for a 2013 release in NA. We all knew it was coming, but it's for SE to finally confirm that it's coming out over here is a good sign that they're finally making some good progress on it. Apparently there's gonna be a new trailer next week too.
#415 Posted by Wesrcks13 (1226 posts) -

For anyone interested, FFX and X-2 HD remaster has now officially been conformed for a 2013 release in NA. We all knew it was coming, but it's for SE to finally confirm that it's coming out over here is a good sign that they're finally making some good progress on it. Apparently there's gonna be a new trailer next week too.Texas2089

Here are some screens too:

[spoiler]

ff10hd01jpg-480b95.jpg

ff10hd02jpg-e2112c.jpg

ff10hd03jpg-e21129.jpg

ff10hd04jpg-e2112a.jpg

ff10hd07jpg-e2112b.jpg

ff10hd08jpg-480b97.jpg

ff10hd09jpg-480b96.jpg

ff10hd10jpg-e21128.jpg

[/spoiler]

#416 Posted by Texas2089 (16445 posts) -

[QUOTE="Texas2089"]For anyone interested, FFX and X-2 HD remaster has now officially been conformed for a 2013 release in NA. We all knew it was coming, but it's for SE to finally confirm that it's coming out over here is a good sign that they're finally making some good progress on it. Apparently there's gonna be a new trailer next week too.Wesrcks13

Here are some screens too:

[spoiler]

ff10hd01jpg-480b95.jpg

ff10hd02jpg-e2112c.jpg

ff10hd03jpg-e21129.jpg

ff10hd04jpg-e2112a.jpg

ff10hd07jpg-e2112b.jpg

ff10hd08jpg-480b97.jpg

ff10hd09jpg-480b96.jpg

ff10hd10jpg-e21128.jpg

[/spoiler]

Thanks for saving me the trouble of doing it lol I was getting ready to go back and post a couple but you covered it. It's looking great. The environments look about the same as they do playing the game in 1080p using the PCSX2 emulator on PC, but the updated character models look fantastic.
#417 Posted by Texas2089 (16445 posts) -

Here's a comparison of what they look like.  The top is a screen I took using PCSX2 in 1080p, and the bottom is the new HD remaster.

[spoiler]

ff10hd02jpg-e2112c.jpg

[/spoiler]

#418 Posted by Texas2089 (16445 posts) -

Another comparison of Tidus close up.  This is clearly more that just simply upping the resolution like you see a lot of these HD Collections.  SE is really taking the time with the game and it's looking fantastic.  Can't wait to get my hands on it :D

[spoiler]

ff10hd01jpg-480b95.jpg [/spoiler]

#419 Posted by Young_Charter (19869 posts) -

Bruh those pics are beautiful. Now that I think about it, I def wouldn't mind re-living both of the Fantasies again (x/x-2) . . . I hope they they'll do an HD version of Final Fantasy XII. I noticed that for them the PS2 versions of the games are really easy to rebuild to HD. I would still love to see a FFVII remastered  

#420 Posted by SamThePurpleton (60 posts) -
You guys think now that Disney owns Star Wars that Yoda will show up in the next KH game? I've never seen anything Star Wars in a JRPG setting. That would be interesting, to say the least. :PMrSelf-Destruct
Weird :S Really weird :P but still would either be hilarious in a bad way, or in a really really good way :)
#421 Posted by Texas2089 (16445 posts) -

Bruh those pics are beautiful. Now that I think about it, I def wouldn't mind re-living both of the Fantasies again (x/x-2) . . . I hope they they'll do an HD version of Final Fantasy XII. I noticed that for them the PS2 versions of the games are really easy to rebuild to HD. I would still love to see a FFVII remastered  

Young_Charter
Yeah the games look beautiful already running in HD on the emulator, but with SE redoing the character models and smoothing out the textures the game looks even sharper. I would love an HD version of FFXII too. Here's how it looks running on PCSX2 in 1080p. Gorgeous. [spoiler]  [/spoiler]
#422 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

The stuff Square Enix has been doing lately hasn't really rubbed me the right way. So I've mostly been ignoring the stuff they've done for a while. But dangit, this HD remake is looking better and better. I doubt I'll be able to skip over it. I wonder what kind or trophies they're going to have?

#423 Posted by Young_Charter (19869 posts) -
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]

Texas2089
Yeah the games look beautiful already running in HD on the emulator, but with SE redoing the character models and smoothing out the textures the game looks even sharper. I would love an HD version of FFXII too. Here's how it looks running on PCSX2 in 1080p. Gorgeous. [spoiler]  [/spoiler]

I wonder if they could outdue even that
#424 Posted by Jak-25 (2490 posts) -
Kingdom Hearts 2 is my favorite Kingdom Hearts game!
#425 Posted by BranKetra (48447 posts) -
I like the original Kingdom Hearts more than the other games, but II is good, too.
#426 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Picked up Nier. I've heard some good things about it plus the OST is godly

#427 Posted by xGamePlayerx19 (378 posts) -

[QUOTE="xGamePlayerx19"]

Texas2089

I enjoyed 358/2 Days too, but 3D was the much better game. 358/2 Days just took too long to get going. The story doesn't get interesting until about halfway to 2/3 of the way through, and coupled with the repetitive mission structure it just felt more of a chore to play through the beginning parts. Once things got going I did enjoy it well enough though. I find the whole Organization XIII backstory to be pretty cool so seeing more of it was probably the thing that kept my interest the most with the game.

Yea, it did take awhile to get started, I guess I just found it rewarding by the end, and plus the whole Organization XIII deal interested me as well and this game did help quite a lot with explaining some things more in depth.

#428 Posted by Young_Charter (19869 posts) -

whiskeystrike
What about the gameplay though. . .
#429 Posted by yokofox33 (29522 posts) -

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

Young_Charter

I thought Nier was horribly boring. It was sort of painstaking to finish it. The music was good though, and I guess the story was decent enough.

#430 Posted by Jak-25 (2490 posts) -

tumblr_m9klqprs2a1re13m6o1_500.png

Lightning: "Hey, everyone! Are you excited about Lightnig Returns?"

Sorry, I could not resist! :P

I wish the Kingdom hearts and the Final Fantasy HD collection would come out on the PS4. :( 

#431 Posted by Young_Charter (19869 posts) -
I wish the Kingdom hearts and the Final Fantasy HD collection would come out on the PS4. :(Jak-25
It's possible.
#432 Posted by Young_Charter (19869 posts) -

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

yokofox33

I thought Nier was horribly boring. It was sort of painstaking to finish it. The music was good though, and I guess the story was decent enough.

Sounds like a rough 6 or 7 out of 10
#433 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71242 posts) -
Anyone remotely excited for FFX HD? Because i sure am
#434 Posted by Yangire (8796 posts) -

Anyone remotely excited for FFX HD? Because i sure amThe_Last_Ride

I'll get it if I can skip the cutscenes.

#435 Posted by Jak-25 (2490 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jak-25"]I wish the Kingdom hearts and the Final Fantasy HD collection would come out on the PS4. :(Young_Charter
It's possible.

That would be cool. It would be cool to get my games on PS4 going forward. I still feel sore at the lack of backwards compatibility on the PS4 though. lol

#436 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71242 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]Anyone remotely excited for FFX HD? Because i sure amYangire

The story is one of the best aspects of the game
#437 Posted by Yangire (8796 posts) -

[QUOTE="Yangire"]

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]Anyone remotely excited for FFX HD? Because i sure amThe_Last_Ride

The story is one of the best aspects of the game

That doesn't mean I want it forced down my throat for every playthrough.

#438 Posted by Young_Charter (19869 posts) -

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="Jak-25"]I wish the Kingdom hearts and the Final Fantasy HD collection would come out on the PS4. :(Jak-25

It's possible.

That would be cool. It would be cool to get my games on PS4 going forward. I still feel sore at the lack of backwards compatibility on the PS4 though. lol

I honestly hope that PS4 has backwards compatibility
#439 Posted by roboccs (6959 posts) -
[QUOTE="Jak-25"]

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"] It's possible. Young_Charter

I thought they said no BC on PS4?
#440 Posted by Jak-25 (2490 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jak-25"]

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"] It's possible. Young_Charter

I wish it was! 

#441 Posted by soulless4now (41372 posts) -

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="Jak-25"]

Jak-25

I wish it was! 

Don't we all? :P
#442 Posted by Jak-25 (2490 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jak-25"]

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"] I honestly hope that PS4 has backwards compatibility soulless4now

I wish it was! 

Don't we all? :P

Some Sony fanboys are actully happy that the PS4 is not backwards compatible.:(

They say that adding it will add to the price but what they don't understand is Sony could always offer a premium SKU that is fully backwards compatible, and they can charge a little extra for it. I would love to pay extra for backwards compatibility. :D

#443 Posted by Zero_resistance (232 posts) -

I'm probaly the only one here that didn't find ni no kuni that good.

#444 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13132 posts) -
So, how do you dudes feel about Yoichi Wada resigning from Square Enix. I'm torn, personally. On one hand, there's now a chance for someone who cares more about their JRPG series to step up and get those types of games rolling again. On the other hand, it may just make things even worse. I am really fearful for any negative impact it might have on the quality of their western games. As a publisher, SE has been rocking it with games like Deus Ex, Hitman Absolution, Tomb Raider, and Sleeping Dogs. I really hope that doesn't change at all. Farewell, Wada! Bring on the JRPGS!
#445 Posted by Young_Charter (19869 posts) -
So, how do you dudes feel about Yoichi Wada resigning from Square Enix. I'm torn, personally. On one hand, there's now a chance for someone who cares more about their JRPG series to step up and get those types of games rolling again. On the other hand, it may just make things even worse. I am really fearful for any negative impact it might have on the quality of their western games. As a publisher, SE has been rocking it with games like Deus Ex, Hitman Absolution, Tomb Raider, and Sleeping Dogs. I really hope that doesn't change at all. Farewell, Wada! Bring on the JRPGS!MrSelf-Destruct
Thats a celebration. We need some patron right about now for this news :lol: do you have a link for this bro ?
#446 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
So, how do you dudes feel about Yoichi Wada resigning from Square Enix. I'm torn, personally. On one hand, there's now a chance for someone who cares more about their JRPG series to step up and get those types of games rolling again. On the other hand, it may just make things even worse. I am really fearful for any negative impact it might have on the quality of their western games. As a publisher, SE has been rocking it with games like Deus Ex, Hitman Absolution, Tomb Raider, and Sleeping Dogs. I really hope that doesn't change at all. Farewell, Wada! Bring on the JRPGS!MrSelf-Destruct
like you said, they've actually been doing really well. just not in the final fantasy aspect.
#447 Posted by Jak-25 (2490 posts) -

So what becomes of Square-Enix now? 

#448 Posted by Everiez (1946 posts) -

Holy sh1t! Praise be to Yevon!11!1! May the westernization of SE's Japan IP stop and SE can go back to their root. May Yevon blesses us and SE with new proper Front Mission, Chrono series, Saga series, Valkyrie Profile, Star Ocean, Mana series, FF etc.

Or... maybe things will get worse if Matsuda isn't much better than Wada.

#449 Posted by Young_Charter (19869 posts) -
They should make Tetsuya Nomura president lol
#450 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13132 posts) -