The RPG Lounge [OT Approved] UPDATE ON LAST PAGE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#351 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

All you needed to do was cast zombie on him ;) Young_Charter

I never bothered casting ailments on the later bosses because they'd usually be immune to all of them. Except Evrae Altana, who had zombie by default. I remember killing him with 3 phoenix downs. Best boss battle ever :lol:

Edit: Wow I just caught my mistake. The poll says FINAL bosses. Oops. Guess Seymour wouldn't count.

#352 Posted by Young_Charter (19830 posts) -

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"] All you needed to do was cast zombie on him ;) Lucky_Krystal

I never bothered casting ailments on the later bosses because they'd usually be immune to all of them. Except Evrae Altana, who had zombie by default. I remember killing him with 3 phoenix downs. Best boss battle ever :lol:

Edit: Wow I just caught my mistake. The poll says FINAL bosses. Oops. Guess Seymour wouldn't count.

A lot of people didn't care and began ranting lol :lol: its fine.
#353 Posted by Texas2089 (16435 posts) -
[QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="Lucky_Krystal"]

I'm surprised Seymour's various incarnations aren't up there. Seymour Natus and Seymour Flux gave me nightmares. Seymour Flux in particular was far more irritating and difficult than the Final Boss. Omnis was surprisingly easy. Man some of the bosses in Final Fantasy X were insane. Then again...I was about 10 when I first played the game, and it was only my second RPG so maybe that had something to do with it. :P

Young_Charter
Seymour Flux was ridiculous. Idk if I was just underleveled or if he was really that hard, but he took me a good 5 or 6 tries to beat. There were a lot of other hard fights too though like Evrae and Sanctuary Keeper. The final boss I cheated on so hard so it wasn't all that difficult. I just summoned the Magus Sisters and let them go to work :P

All you needed to do was cast zombie on him ;)

I'm talking about the first Evrae. The one on the airship. He's immune to most ailments so that doesn't help. The second one (Evrae Altana) had zombie by default though so a couple Phoenix Downs wiped him out easy.
#354 Posted by Young_Charter (19830 posts) -
[QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="Texas2089"] Seymour Flux was ridiculous. Idk if I was just underleveled or if he was really that hard, but he took me a good 5 or 6 tries to beat. There were a lot of other hard fights too though like Evrae and Sanctuary Keeper. The final boss I cheated on so hard so it wasn't all that difficult. I just summoned the Magus Sisters and let them go to work :P

All you needed to do was cast zombie on him ;)

I'm talking about the first Evrae. The one on the airship. He's immune to most ailments so that doesn't help. The second one (Evrae Altana) had zombie by default though so a couple Phoenix Downs wiped him out easy.

yeah yeah yeah :P
#355 Posted by Sweenix (5396 posts) -

Ultimecia.. i have yet to finish ffviii thanks to her :?

#356 Posted by SolidTy (42140 posts) -

That freaking spaceship/monster/god thing at the end of FFIX was the first boss I ever had to spend a significant amount of time leveling up in order to beat. I beat Kuja with ease the first time, but then that final boss slaughtered me. I leveled up some more and tried again, got slaughtered again. So I spent about a week dicking around in the game, leveling up some more, and finally went back and handed him his own arse. MrSelf-Destruct

One of the fun elements of a Final Fantasy game, along with other RPGs of that type. Just when you think you are able to beat the game, it's time to grind. :P

#357 Posted by Young_Charter (19830 posts) -
Ultimecia (Final Fantasy VIII) (8) wins this round. . . I am now changing the Poll. Check it out.
#358 Posted by Wesrcks13 (1226 posts) -

Yep, getting Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 to replay those KH games. The last topic was about tough boss fights, which reminds me about Sephiroth from KH1. That will be fun.:o

#359 Posted by Texas2089 (16435 posts) -
Absolutely a day 1 buy. I've been wanting to replay KH for quite some time, but held off so I can play it with this collection. Looking forward to getting a chance to play the Final Mix content finally too.
#360 Posted by Sweenix (5396 posts) -

cant wait for the Kingdom Hearts HD Collection :D

never played kh, so this is my perfect chance :)

#361 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Hopefully Kingdom Hearts ends up on PSN as a standalone purchase. Don't care for the other titles as I still have them and they're both fairly poor in the gameplay and story department.

#362 Posted by Yangire (8787 posts) -

I'm getting 1.5, but 2.5 is going to be a hundred times better. I don't care enough about KH1 to import 1.5, but with KH2FM+ and BBS FM in HD I'm buying that twice.

"I have yet to enjoy 3/58 Days and Birth By Sleep so yes of course."

BBS isn't in 1.5.

#363 Posted by xGamePlayerx19 (378 posts) -

Day 1 for me, love the series, looking forward to playing it all over again but in HD now, will be awesome.

#364 Posted by Young_Charter (19830 posts) -

Hopefully Kingdom Hearts ends up on PSN as a standalone purchase. Don't care for the other titles as I still have them and they're both fairly poor in the gameplay and story department.

whiskeystrike
You change your sig almost everyday. lol
#365 Posted by Young_Charter (19830 posts) -
I've made a mistake guys. KH 1.5 Remix comes with a Kingdom Hearts Final Mix , Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days turned into a movie so gamers who missed the title could still pick up and enjoy if they missed out. I guess and hop that Birth By Sleep and KH 2.5 Remix will both come together in HD.
#366 Posted by Young_Charter (19830 posts) -
I just re-done the poll just because of the mishap. More interesting anyhow.
#367 Posted by Chuubby (416 posts) -

Kingdom Hearts 1 was my favourite. I still think that opening is one of the best video game openings ever. :)

#368 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13112 posts) -
I liked II's intro a bit better, but both are pretty amazing. As far as the actual games go, the first one is my favorite.
#369 Posted by Young_Charter (19830 posts) -
"

BBS isn't in 1.5.

Yangire
I saw that. Thanks bro.
I liked II's intro a bit better, but both are pretty amazing. As far as the actual games go, the first one is my favorite.MrSelf-Destruct
I'll also agree that KH 1 was a pretty awesome game for both Children and Adults to experience. The Battle System and gameplay was hot. Especially the Gummi Ship or w.e it was called lol.
#370 Posted by Texas2089 (16435 posts) -
You really should have made KH3D it's own entry and left 358/2 Days and Re:Coded off the poll entirely :P 3D might actually be the best all around game in the series. It certainly has the best battle system and the story is pretty good too. I voted for KH II though. I thoroughly enjoyed the game all the way through. From the opening tutorial part with Roxas, and all through Sora's story I think KH II had the best overall story and characters, or at least my favorite. I thought the whole plot with Organization XIII was really cool, and maybe that's why I enjoyed 358/2 Days more than most people seemed to. The original KH will always have a place in my heart too though. The ending is still one of my favorite game endings ever, even if it was incredibly sad. So.... close... :(
#371 Posted by Texas2089 (16435 posts) -
I liked II's intro a bit better, but both are pretty amazingMrSelf-Destruct
I agree with this lol Loved both openings but I give KH II a slight edge.
#372 Posted by Young_Charter (19830 posts) -

You really should have made KH3D it's own entry and left 358/2 Days and Re:Coded off the poll entirely :P 3D might actually be the best all around game in the series. It certainly has the best battle system and the story is pretty good too. I voted for KH II though. I thoroughly enjoyed the game all the way through. From the opening tutorial part with Roxas, and all through Sora's story I think KH II had the best overall story and characters, or at least my favorite. I thought the whole plot with Organization XIII was really cool, and maybe that's why I enjoyed 358/2 Days more than most people seemed to. The original KH will always have a place in my heart too though. The ending is still one of my favorite game endings ever, even if it was incredibly sad. So.... close... :(Texas2089

So shut up ! ! . . . With your pointless friggin opinions . . . lol 

#373 Posted by Texas2089 (16435 posts) -

[QUOTE="Texas2089"]You really should have made KH3D it's own entry and left 358/2 Days and Re:Coded off the poll entirely :P 3D might actually be the best all around game in the series. It certainly has the best battle system and the story is pretty good too. I voted for KH II though. I thoroughly enjoyed the game all the way through. From the opening tutorial part with Roxas, and all through Sora's story I think KH II had the best overall story and characters, or at least my favorite. I thought the whole plot with Organization XIII was really cool, and maybe that's why I enjoyed 358/2 Days more than most people seemed to. The original KH will always have a place in my heart too though. The ending is still one of my favorite game endings ever, even if it was incredibly sad. So.... close... :(Young_Charter

If you made 3D it's own entry I actually might have voted for that instead, but you bogged it down with 358/2 Days and Re:Coded. You have anger issues lol I just offer you suggestions to make your polls better and you get all worked up.  It's called constructive criticism :P

#374 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Kingdom Hearts 1 was great. It was a pretty cool new premise, Disney and SquareEnix teasing up. The story felt original and seeing all the fanservice was great, not to mention the game worlds were awesome. The story was pretty lightheared and had a lot of charm while you could still feel there were certain, darker and deeper secrets to the universe only lightly touched upon.

Then Kingdom Hearts 2 came along. Gameplay was improved in pretty much every aspect (hell even the gummi ship stuff was fun now) and again, the game worlds were a lot of fun. It did kinda chop up the story a bit, Square went too "Final Fantasyish" with the story and consequently obliterated the storyline in the sequels. It wasn't bad, had some nice moments and Roxas+Axel were cool but overall it lost that charm from the first one. Now who knows what to expect. I haven't played BBS but overall I'd say Dream Drop Distance has the best battle system in the game (minus the drop system itself which was annoying). Storyline is well, spinoff.

Even though I would enjoy Kingdom Hearts 2/3D more for the better battle systems I had to give Kingdom Hearts 1 the nod for the original premise and a not so messed up storyline.

#375 Posted by SamThePurpleton (60 posts) -

...and I am yet to see a non-Kingdom Hearts related post on this thread.

#376 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13112 posts) -
Maybe try the first 15 pages?
#377 Posted by SamThePurpleton (60 posts) -

The 15th page is 2 weeks back, and I don't typically comment on anything that anyone said four or five pages back :P

#378 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13112 posts) -

The 15th page is 2 weeks back, and I don't typically comment on anything that anyone said four or five pages back :P

SamThePurpleton
Gotcha. KH just happens to be the series we were discussing when you popped in. You are free to change the subject. Talk about whatever you like.
#379 Posted by Young_Charter (19830 posts) -

...and I am yet to see a non-Kingdom Hearts related post on this thread.

SamThePurpleton
Spark a conversation.
#380 Posted by Young_Charter (19830 posts) -
[QUOTE="SamThePurpleton"]

MrSelf-Destruct
Gotcha. KH just happens to be the series we were discussing when you popped in. You are free to change the subject. Talk about whatever you like.

Thats what I was thinking. . lol You're not forced to go with the flow ;)
#381 Posted by xGamePlayerx19 (378 posts) -

Voted for Kingdom Hearts 1, even though the gameplay was majorly improved in the second, the first just was so amazing the first time through. Also give Kingdom Hearts 1 the better opening, it was amazing, though the second one is close in every aspect hahah.

#382 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13112 posts) -
You guys think now that Disney owns Star Wars that Yoda will show up in the next KH game? I've never seen anything Star Wars in a JRPG setting. That would be interesting, to say the least. :P
#383 Posted by Young_Charter (19830 posts) -
I believe that now it is time for them to give us a KH III or a new PS3 (or PS4) detailed chapter on the series. I would like 2.5 to have KH II of course right along with Re:coded (probably in movie format like 358/2 Days), BBS Remix, and DDD. I look at it as them finally giving the PS3 fans the benefit to catch up. Especially to those who missed out on certain KH projects.
#384 Posted by Young_Charter (19830 posts) -
You guys think now that Disney owns Star Wars that Yoda will show up in the next KH game? I've never seen anything Star Wars in a JRPG setting. That would be interesting, to say the least. :PMrSelf-Destruct
They better turn that world into a mass effect/old republic decision making situation :lol:. You could invite Luke to your party or Darth Vader to save the world (more like galaxy) from being destroyed by heartless. I honestly think that they shouldn't make it just world to world travel anymore. Instead, they should do it as galaxies to get to the world. Does that make sense ? If I am making it complex, to make it simple, I love how Mass Effect has their map and travel system on space.
#385 Posted by Sweenix (5396 posts) -

never played Kingdom Hearts, so i cant really judge yet :)

#386 Posted by Yangire (8787 posts) -

I'll give my vote to KH2, just because of KH2FM+. I like KH1, but man KH2FM+ blows it out of the water.

#387 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Started out as a rumor, confirmed by Jump magazine

Anyone wonder why FFX is taking so long to remaster? Because they're also putting it alongside with FFX-2. Both games will be on the same PS3 disc. Vita due to game card limitations will only have one of each, so either you'll have to buy them seperately or they'll just give you both cartridges.

Both versions are the international edition and a 2013 release is still planned.

Hopefully like other collections they just allow you to buy one seperately on PSN as I really don't care for X-2... though I may just put it on Vita for consistency as the handheld RPG machine. Laying down on bed with handheld and headphones plugged in = great time.

#388 Posted by Texas2089 (16435 posts) -

Anyone wonder why FFX is taking so long to remaster? Because they're also putting it alongside with FFX-2. Both games will be on the same PS3 disc. Vita due to game card limitations will only have one of each, so either you'll have to buy them seperately or they'll just give you both cartridges.

Both versions are the international edition and a 2013 release is still planned.

Hopefully like other collections they just allow you to buy one seperately on PSN as I really don't care for X-2... though I may just put it on Vita for consistency as the handheld RPG machine. Laying down on bed with handheld and headphones plugged in = great time.

whiskeystrike
Awesome news. I seem to be one of the few who actually enjoyed X-2 so to get both games is great. I was hoping they would have done this all along so I'm glad it's really happening now. Really hope they offer it as some kind of cross buy cause I really don't wanna have to rebuy both games for my Vita.
#389 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

whiskeystrike

Yes! I am excited for this! They said they'd be the international versions too. All the more reason to get it. :D

#390 Posted by yokofox33 (29244 posts) -

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

Texas2089

Awesome news. I seem to be one of the few who actually enjoyed X-2 so to get both games is great. I was hoping they would have done this all along so I'm glad it's really happening now. Really hope they offer it as some kind of cross buy cause I really don't wanna have to rebuy both games for my Vita.

I loved FFX-2. The battle system was stellar even if the story didn't match up with FFX.

#391 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13112 posts) -
#392 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -
#393 Posted by Texas2089 (16435 posts) -

[QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

yokofox33

I loved FFX-2. The battle system was stellar even if the story didn't match up with FFX.

Yeah story wasn't even close to as good, but X-2 still has one of the best battle systems in the entire series in my opinion.
#394 Posted by yokofox33 (29244 posts) -

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

[QUOTE="Texas2089"] Awesome news. I seem to be one of the few who actually enjoyed X-2 so to get both games is great. I was hoping they would have done this all along so I'm glad it's really happening now. Really hope they offer it as some kind of cross buy cause I really don't wanna have to rebuy both games for my Vita.Texas2089

Yeah story wasn't even close to as good, but X-2 still has one of the best battle systems in the entire series in my opinion.

Damn straight. I'm really hoping PS3 purchasers get access to the digital versions because having FFX on the go would be heavenly.

#395 Posted by roboccs (6906 posts) -

More FF news: FF Versus XIII was renamed to FF XV and is being developed as a PS4 exclusive. Take that with a grain of salt, of course, but Vgleaks is apparently known for its accuracy. MrSelf-Destruct

I'm guessing a huge official announcement at E3. A lot of people have been speculating it becoming FFXV for a long time. I was still hoping the game would come out for PS3 since I already own the console. Hopefully one day I'll end up with a PS4 I guess...

#396 Posted by Texas2089 (16435 posts) -

[QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="yokofox33"]

yokofox33

Damn straight. I'm really hoping PS3 purchasers get access to the digital versions because having FFX on the go would be heavenly.

It's possible but unlikely. I'm fully expecting them to be 2 separate releases, but in the end if they do offer it as a cross-buy that's only icing on the cake. As long as the saves are transferable between the PS3 and Vita I plan on buying both versions. Even if they're not, the prospect of having FFX with me wherever I go will probably lead me to buying both versions anyway :P
#397 Posted by Young_Charter (19830 posts) -
#399 Posted by Chuubby (416 posts) -

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]

[QUOTE="Texas2089"]You really should have made KH3D it's own entry and left 358/2 Days and Re:Coded off the poll entirely :P 3D might actually be the best all around game in the series. It certainly has the best battle system and the story is pretty good too. I voted for KH II though. I thoroughly enjoyed the game all the way through. From the opening tutorial part with Roxas, and all through Sora's story I think KH II had the best overall story and characters, or at least my favorite. I thought the whole plot with Organization XIII was really cool, and maybe that's why I enjoyed 358/2 Days more than most people seemed to. The original KH will always have a place in my heart too though. The ending is still one of my favorite game endings ever, even if it was incredibly sad. So.... close... :(Texas2089

If you made 3D it's own entry I actually might have voted for that instead, but you bogged it down with 358/2 Days and Re:Coded. You have anger issues lol I just offer you suggestions to make your polls better and you get all worked up.  It's called constructive criticism :P

3D is honestly one of the most disapointing games i've ever played, I don't know how anybody could rank it higher than KH 1 or 2.  :?

#400 Posted by Young_Charter (19830 posts) -

[QUOTE="Texas2089"]

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]

Chuubby

3D is honestly one of the most disapointing games i've ever played, I don't know how anybody could rank it higher than KH 1 or 2.  :?

Pay him no mind. That man is always grouchy and sarcastic :lol: