The RPG Lounge [OT Approved] UPDATE ON LAST PAGE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#301 Posted by Texas2089 (16429 posts) -
Lol the easy choice was X.
#302 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

Voted XII, easy choice.

Lucky_Krystal

Me too. Easily my favorite Final Fantasy in terms of extra content/sidequests and gameplay. X-2 comes close in those areas too. I know I'm in the minority though. People bash both of these games so much.

I don't really have any experience with X-2 though it seems to be fairly hit or miss.

Added you on backloggery btw.

#303 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

I don't really have any experience with X-2 though it seems to be fairly hit or miss.

whiskeystrike

Oh thanks. Added you back. But yeah, X-2 is very hit or miss. My love for the game could probably be attributed to the fact that I played it when I was about 10. And at the time I loved that movie Charlie's Angels. So when I played X-2 I was like "OMG ITS LIKE CHARLIE'S ANGELS BUT A VIDEO GAME!" I went back to replay it recently though, and I noticed the story is really cheesy, a far cry from X's more serious tone.

But cheesy stories and dialogue aside, I think it had a pretty solid battle system with some great extra bosses and sidequests. My favorite is Angra Mainyu.

#304 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3648 posts) -

Out of the games listed IX (9) is an easy choice... how in the hell can I be the only vote so far? lol... where are the true FF fans at? The ones like myself that didnt start playing the series at 7... Everything after X has been trash. but 7-10 were all good... 12 started the whole dumbing down of the series with not being able to control your entire party... lame. Although 12 had potential it was ruined by that.

In order I would number them 9, 10 and 8 tied for second, 7, 12.

#305 Posted by Texas2089 (16429 posts) -

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

Lucky_Krystal

Oh thanks. Added you back. But yeah, X-2 is very hit or miss. My love for the game could probably be attributed to the fact that I played it when I was about 10. And at the time I loved that movie Charlie's Angels. So when I played X-2 I was like "OMG ITS LIKE CHARLIE'S ANGELS BUT A VIDEO GAME!" I went back to replay it recently though, and I noticed the story is really cheesy, a far cry from X's more serious tone.

But cheesy stories and dialogue aside, I think it had a pretty solid battle system with some great extra bosses and sidequests. My favorite is Angra Mainyu.

Angra Mainyu used to give me nightmares. And don't even get me started on Trema...
#306 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

Angra Mainyu used to give me nightmares. And don't even get me started on Trema...Texas2089

:lol:

Angra Mainyu took a long time to beat. And I hated Trema! In fact, Via Infinito's deepest floors were just plain broken. Bosses would hit you for like 15,000+ damage. And Chac would stone you regardless of if you had protection against it. You needed the break hp limit garmet grid to survive, and even then that might not save you. So then you had to be a bit cheap...

#307 Posted by beechy1988 (13 posts) -

Has to be VII for me

#308 Posted by Young_Charter (19826 posts) -
I'll have to admit that FFVII was my first FF title as well. .
#309 Posted by Sweenix (5396 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sweenix"]

OMG i love them all :(

But, i'll have to go with finalfantasy ix is just too perfect XDYoung_Charter

The crazy thing is, I have not beaten FFIX :( . I've completed VII, VIII, X, XII, XIII but not IX. . . I should start the game today but I still have Xenogears to finish. After that perhaps I'll go to FF IX and then Chrono Trigger

you must finish it, sooo amazing XD

omg, i'm playing Chrono Trigger right now XD.. it's so hard :(

#310 Posted by Young_Charter (19826 posts) -

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="Sweenix"]

OMG i love them all :(

But, i'll have to go with finalfantasy ix is just too perfect XDSweenix

The crazy thing is, I have not beaten FFIX :( . I've completed VII, VIII, X, XII, XIII but not IX. . . I should start the game today but I still have Xenogears to finish. After that perhaps I'll go to FF IX and then Chrono Trigger

you must finish it, sooo amazing XD

omg, i'm playing Chrono Trigger right now XD.. it's so hard :(

The furthest I've gotten was to disc III. When zidane found out that he and kuja was. . . You know :) [spoiler] brothers and destined to destroy Gaia.... Well further than that but its all I can remember [/spoiler]
#311 Posted by Texas2089 (16429 posts) -

[QUOTE="Texas2089"] Angra Mainyu used to give me nightmares. And don't even get me started on Trema...Lucky_Krystal

:lol:

Angra Mainyu took a long time to beat. And I hated Trema! In fact, Via Infinito's deepest floors were just plain broken. Bosses would hit you for like 15,000+ damage. And Chac would stone you regardless of if you had protection against it. You needed the break hp limit garmet grid to survive, and even then that might not save you. So then you had to be a bit cheap...

Yeah that entire thing was just ridiculous.
#312 Posted by Texas2089 (16429 posts) -
I'll have to admit that FFVII was my first FF title as well. . Young_Charter
My first FF game was the original back on NES. I still don't know how I had the attention span at 5-6 years old to play through an entire RPG like that but I made it. I didn't play another FF game until FFX though :P
#313 Posted by Texas2089 (16429 posts) -
Oh yeah and you really need to finish up IX. Almost a dead tie with VII as my second favorite FF behind X.
#314 Posted by roboccs (6894 posts) -
I'm voting for FFVII. Probably my favorite game of all time. I am very close to the end of VI and it is right up there too. As far as VIII, I got to the final boss and could never beat it... this was probably 6 months ago and haven't tried since... I didn't build up my HP enough because one of her special moves kills me instantly unless I can properly time a GF. I need to go back to an older save and figure things out or maybe go through the last dungeon again and unlock more "moves" for that dungeon... Just haven't been able to get myself to do it. After FFVI I will also work on Chrono Trigger!
#315 Posted by Terrencec06 (3441 posts) -

kinda happy about the Disgaea 3 vita coming to ps+

#316 Posted by Young_Charter (19826 posts) -

As far as VIII, I got to the final boss and could never beat it... this was probably 6 months ago and haven't tried since... I didn't build up my HP enough because one of her special moves kills me instantly unless I can properly time a GF.roboccs

Leave the area for now bro bro. What you need to do is go on the airship and head over to the island closest to hell. Upgrade Zell, Squall, and Rinoa's weapons as max as possible including their limit breaks. you need a lot of Double, triple, Auro, Haste, Regen, and other special magics such as that. There's more too it, but I maxed out to level 99 with all three characters to beat the game. Why ? Because **Kanye West Voice** Ultimecia was and is one of the most strongest Final Fantasy bosses of all time!!!  **Kanye West voice** Seriously. You'll need to stock up and draw a lot and grind by the island closest to hell on the world map. If you do not know where it is, youtube it. 

#317 Posted by roboccs (6894 posts) -

[QUOTE="roboccs"]As far as VIII, I got to the final boss and could never beat it... this was probably 6 months ago and haven't tried since... I didn't build up my HP enough because one of her special moves kills me instantly unless I can properly time a GF.Young_Charter

Leave the area for now bro bro. What you need to do is go on the airship and head over to the island closest to hell. Upgrade Zell, Squall, and Rinoa's weapons as max as possible including their limit breaks. you need a lot of Double, triple, Auro, Haste, Regen, and other special magics such as that. There's more too it, but I maxed out to level 99 with all three characters to beat the game. Why ? Because **Kanye West Voice** Ultimecia was and is one of the most strongest Final Fantasy bosses of all time!!!  **Kanye West voice** Seriously. You'll need to stock up and draw a lot and grind by the island closest to hell on the world map. If you do not know where it is, youtube it. 

I assume I have to load an old save though right? Because I thought once I get to disc 4 or really close to the end I can't go back... or am I wrong. I could go and check but again, I would have to will myself to start it up again after all this time... By the way YC, I love your sig... The way those FFVII characters look is how I imagine the game would have looked on the gameboy advance or something!
#318 Posted by Young_Charter (19826 posts) -
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]

[QUOTE="roboccs"]As far as VIII, I got to the final boss and could never beat it... this was probably 6 months ago and haven't tried since... I didn't build up my HP enough because one of her special moves kills me instantly unless I can properly time a GF.roboccs

I assume I have to load an old save though right? Because I thought once I get to disc 4 or really close to the end I can't go back... or am I wrong. I could go and check but again, I would have to will myself to start it up again after all this time... By the way YC, I love your sig... The way those FFVII characters look is how I imagine the game would have looked on the gameboy advance or something!

your wrong bro. lol One game that is very hard and you cannot turn back on things was FF Tactics. Awesome tactics game tho. Very complex. N thanks ;)
#319 Posted by Jak-25 (2490 posts) -

I am a little behind on Final Fantasy VIII.  lol 

#320 Posted by Young_Charter (19826 posts) -

Jak-25
what part are you on ?
#321 Posted by Chuubby (416 posts) -

XII / Final Fantasy Tactics are the correct answer I believe :P

#323 Posted by Jak-25 (2490 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jak-25"]

Young_Charter

what part are you on ?

I am on disc 2. I am trying to locate the lighthouse.

#324 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

XII / Final Fantasy Tactics are the correct answer I believe :P

Chuubby

Good call Okabe

#325 Posted by Jak-25 (2490 posts) -

I am now on disc 3 in Final Fantasy VIII! :D

#326 Posted by yokofox33 (29204 posts) -

I'm a little behind on FF7 myself. And FF8. And FF9. In fact, I've never beaten and/or played any of them. I don't even know where I am in FF7. I think the last time I played FF7 I was in some weird haunted house type of thing?

#327 Posted by roboccs (6894 posts) -
I'm behind on IX... I'm only on Disc 1 after the Ice Cave in some small farm town... I haven't had a lot of gaming time lately, too busy. The little time I've had hasn't been long enough to really engross myself in an RPG... So I just recently bought F-Zero (SNES)on the WiiU virtual console... Can't believe I never played this game after all these years! It's really addicting. And while the WiiU has no games on it right now which is disappointing, the MiiVerse feautre is so much fun to fool around with. For those who don't know it's basically a combination of a messange board/twitter connected to games. So while I play F-Zero I can go to Miiverse between races and make comments about my game, read other comments, comment on other comments, etc. I've been goffing around in there and in the Zelda community. Surprisingly enjoyable indeed!
#328 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

So I jumped on a Vita sale AT&T was having for 32GB cards at half off (still overpriced but w/e). Definitely eager to jump on board the Vita train now. Looking forward to Persona 4 and Soul Sacrifice and I love the idea of playing PS1 games off PSN on the go. Lots of good RPGs that are great time munchers when out and about.

#329 Posted by Young_Charter (19826 posts) -

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="Jak-25"]

Jak-25

what part are you on ?

I am on disc 2. I am trying to locate the lighthouse.

somewhere on the beach shore I think. Google the map location bro :P
#330 Posted by Young_Charter (19826 posts) -

So I jumped on a Vita sale AT&T was having for 32GB cards at half off (still overpriced but w/e). Definitely eager to jump on board the Vita train now. Looking forward to Persona 4 and Soul Sacrifice and I love the idea of playing PS1 games off PSN on the go. Lots of good RPGs that are great time munchers when out and about.

whiskeystrike
I agree man. VITA is a very decent product.
#331 Posted by xGamePlayerx19 (378 posts) -

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

Young_Charter

It is, there are some gem games for it and the youtube and browser work quite well. Its a pretty well made handheld imo.

#332 Posted by Young_Charter (19826 posts) -

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

xGamePlayerx19

It is, there are some gem games for it and the youtube and browser work quite well. Its a pretty well made handheld imo.

I hope it grows a better fanbase
#333 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13100 posts) -

I'm a little behind on FF7 myself. And FF8. And FF9. In fact, I've never beaten and/or played any of them. I don't even know where I am in FF7. I think the last time I played FF7 I was in some weird haunted house type of thing?

yokofox33
Shinra Mansion in Neibelheim, sounds like.
#334 Posted by Everiez (1946 posts) -

I was going to vote VII but my memory of VII was tainted by unnecessary prequel and sequel. Voted VIII instead because of its love, futuristic and witches theme.

Voting aside. I wish Konami continues to make Suikoden series. I want to see all 27 True Runes and relive that feeling owning a castle, watching it grows into one big busy happy castle as I recruit all 108 stars. As for future JRPG, I wish Sony revives Legend of Dragon and Legend of Legaia for PS4. All Sony cares about mostly are its western developers.

#335 Posted by Chuubby (416 posts) -

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

Young_Charter

Cute. :3

#336 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13100 posts) -

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

Chuubby

Cute. :3

Adorable. :|
#337 Posted by Chuubby (416 posts) -

The Vita is terrible. :D

#338 Posted by Young_Charter (19826 posts) -
News update, poll update. Check it out guys :D
#340 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13100 posts) -

The Vita is terrible. :D

Chuubby
Not nearly as terrible as other handhelds. :shock:
#341 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13100 posts) -
That freaking spaceship/monster/god thing at the end of FFIX was the first boss I ever had to spend a significant amount of time leveling up in order to beat. I beat Kuja with ease the first time, but then that final boss slaughtered me. I leveled up some more and tried again, got slaughtered again. So I spent about a week dicking around in the game, leveling up some more, and finally went back and handed him his own arse.
#342 Posted by xGamePlayerx19 (378 posts) -

I'll pick VIII but really Id pick XIII if it was in the poll, that was the hardest I feel Ive ever faced.

#343 Posted by Young_Charter (19826 posts) -

Ill pick VIII but really Id pick XIII if it was in the poll, that was the hardest I feel Ive ever faced.

xGamePlayerx19
That boss was annoying. . I think that is forms throughout the game was overpowered
#344 Posted by Texas2089 (16429 posts) -
The first FF boss that really kicked my ass was Yunalesca in FFX. I must have died on her like 10 times. I actually took a few weeks off from the game and almost didn't go back to it. When I did finally get back to it I probably spent a good 2 hours going back and grinding sphere levels so I could boost my character's HP before I could finally beat her. There were a lot of other challenging fights up to that point that I died on a few times since my characters were pretty underleveled my first time through the game, but Yunalesca was the one that almost made me quit the game lol
#345 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

I'm surprised Seymour's various incarnations aren't up there. Seymour Natus and Seymour Flux gave me nightmares. Seymour Flux in particular was far more irritating and difficult than the Final Boss. Omnis was surprisingly easy. Man some of the bosses in Final Fantasy X were insane. Then again...I was about 10 when I first played the game, and it was only my second RPG so maybe that had something to do with it. :P

#346 Posted by Young_Charter (19826 posts) -

FFX'S leveling and battle was very awesome.

#347 Posted by Texas2089 (16429 posts) -

FFX the entire f*cking game was very awesome.

Young_Charter
Fixed :P
#348 Posted by Texas2089 (16429 posts) -

I'm surprised Seymour's various incarnations aren't up there. Seymour Natus and Seymour Flux gave me nightmares. Seymour Flux in particular was far more irritating and difficult than the Final Boss. Omnis was surprisingly easy. Man some of the bosses in Final Fantasy X were insane. Then again...I was about 10 when I first played the game, and it was only my second RPG so maybe that had something to do with it. :P

Lucky_Krystal
Seymour Flux was ridiculous. Idk if I was just underleveled or if he was really that hard, but he took me a good 5 or 6 tries to beat. There were a lot of other hard fights too though like Evrae and Sanctuary Keeper. The final boss I cheated on so hard so it wasn't all that difficult. I just summoned the Magus Sisters and let them go to work :P
#349 Posted by Young_Charter (19826 posts) -
[QUOTE="Lucky_Krystal"]

Texas2089
Seymour Flux was ridiculous. Idk if I was just underleveled or if he was really that hard, but he took me a good 5 or 6 tries to beat. There were a lot of other hard fights too though like Evrae and Sanctuary Keeper. The final boss I cheated on so hard so it wasn't all that difficult. I just summoned the Magus Sisters and let them go to work :P

All you needed to do was cast zombie on him ;)
#350 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69633 posts) -
Seymour are the ones that gave me most hassle in FFX tbh