The RPG Lounge [OT Approved] UPDATE ON LAST PAGE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#251 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -
[QUOTE="01_855403"]No show for Final Fantasy Versus XIII at the PlayStation Meeting.MrSelf-Destruct
Yet they announced a new Final Fantasy all together. What the what!? SE is one nutty bastard.

No, they TEASED the announcement of a new FF for E3 and showed off a tech demo WE'VE ALREADY SEEN. SE you Goddamn troll.
#252 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

SE are trolls but whatever

Still got

Falcom

Atlus

From Software

Namco Bandai

Level 5

I think PS4 will be okay without Square Enix.

#253 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -
here foos http://www.psu.com/a018420/PS4---All-news-in-one-place
#254 Posted by roboccs (7072 posts) -

Any of you guys have a WiiU or 3DS? Monster Hunter Tri demo is available. I played the WiiU demo and it's cool. The first time I've played a Monster Hunter game. I don't think it's going to be worth spending $60 on because it's not really a story or character driven RPG, but still, I'm somewhat intrigued.

Might be because there are no other WiiU games I'm interested in that are coming out any time soon...

#255 Posted by 01_855403 (1003 posts) -
Thats it Square Enix! Final Fantasy Versus XIII news at E3 or NEVER, just reveal it has been scrapped or converted to next generation PS4.
#256 Posted by yokofox33 (29905 posts) -

Lon'qu is my homeboy.

(Fire Emblem for those who don't know)

#257 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

Any of you guys have a WiiU or 3DS? Monster Hunter Tri demo is available. I played the WiiU demo and it's cool. The first time I've played a Monster Hunter game. I don't think it's going to be worth spending $60 on because it's not really a story or character driven RPG, but still, I'm somewhat intrigued.

Might be because there are no other WiiU games I'm interested in that are coming out any time soon...

roboccs
I'm thinking about whether I wanna download it or not. I tried a Monster Humnter demo on PSP before and couldn't get into it so idk if I wanna bother with this one.
#258 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

Lon'qu is my homeboy.

yokofox33
You married him Lissa right? RIGHT?
#259 Posted by yokofox33 (29905 posts) -

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

Lon'qu is my homeboy.

Texas2089

I'm only on Chapter 7, so I'm not even close to marrying anyone right now. My highest support relationship is a B between Stahl and Miriel, which is just completely random and not intended at all.

#260 Posted by roboccs (7072 posts) -

[QUOTE="roboccs"]

Texas2089

I'm thinking about whether I wanna download it or not. I tried a Monster Humnter demo on PSP before and couldn't get into it so idk if I wanna bother with this one.

Can't hurt to download.

Also, I played FF6 for awhile last night. I'll put a spoiler tag here just in case. [spoiler] F the freakin tower where I can only use magic! I get really far in to it and then I'm minding my own business doing well in a fight, then the LV90 Magic monster hits me with a quake and it pretty much ends the ride!! My only problem with the point of the game I'm at is it's very hard to tell where to go next. I know I can just hit up Kefka's tower but I would like to get as many characters as I can. I think I have 7 right now. I'm tempted to go online, find Locke because I thought he was awesome. Level him up a bit, and then finish the game. Such a tough call. I do not like looking stuff up but if I get to the point where it gets kind of annoying then it's better than ruining the game experience. I think that's why I've taking a little time off from the game, the tower frustrates me!! [/spoiler]

#261 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

[QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="yokofox33"]

Lon'qu is my homeboy.

yokofox33

I'm only on Chapter 7, so I'm not even close to marrying anyone right now. My highest support relationship is a B between Stahl and Miriel, which is just completely random and not intended at all.

Are you pairing your units up? That's the quickest way to build up support levels and you get more added bonuses than if they just stand next to each other. I married Sumia to Chrom and the 2 of them can almost wipe out the entire enemy forces by themselves. I married my tactician to Miriel and with magic the two of them are just as powerful and can even attack from a distance. Only up to Chapter 13 though so I've still got a ways to go.
#262 Posted by 6_Shooter_25 (220 posts) -

I threw my vote in Dark Souls' direction.

#263 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -
Thats it Square Enix! Final Fantasy Versus XIII news at E3 or NEVER, just reveal it has been scrapped or converted to next generation PS4.01_855403
lmfao.. *sigh* It would be nice to hear the truth lol
#264 Posted by xGamePlayerx19 (378 posts) -

roboccs

I plan on getting it for 3DS, liked the demo, seems very promising. Also the game it well worth the money, if you enjoy the gameplay and have someone to play with(sadly because this Monster Hunter dosent have online like we were hoping) then its really great. I have so many hours thrown into the psp installments, and Tri for the wii, once you get the hang of it, its a highly addictive game.

#265 Posted by munkeypoo45 (3220 posts) -

my friends and i are trying to complete skyrim 100% by the end of the semester(mid May-ish). though it is a distant goal, we have done quite a bit already. we are all trying to play as much as possible each day. 

#266 Posted by roboccs (7072 posts) -
if you enjoy the gameplay and have someone to play with(sadly because this Monster Hunter dosent have online like we were hoping) xGamePlayerx19
What do you mean no online? I thought the game was going to have online so you could go questing with others? I thought that was the point of the game.
#267 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -
Round III for poll is up guys. JRPG round this time.
#268 Posted by samclockwise (187 posts) -

Lately I set a number of how many games I have to beat in a year. Last year it was 30 and i 39 games beaten. This I have theme and it is to beat as many rpgs as possible in one year and still play games like dead space. I'm going through games like xenoblade, ni no kuni, fire embelm, final fantsy 7,8 and 9. To beat both white knight chronicles games. To beat dibalo 2 and 3. Those are just some of the rpgs I've chosen or haven beaten.

#269 Posted by Jak-25 (2490 posts) -

Square-Enix was the biggest trolls at the PlayStation conference. lol

#270 Posted by xGamePlayerx19 (378 posts) -

[QUOTE="xGamePlayerx19"] if you enjoy the gameplay and have someone to play with(sadly because this Monster Hunter dosent have online like we were hoping) roboccs
What do you mean no online? I thought the game was going to have online so you could go questing with others? I thought that was the point of the game.

Its only has online to the extent of playing with friends in the same room with you, it dosent have full blown online like Tri. Its still fun though as thats how the psp versions were and they were great, though Tri did have a longer lasting appeal cause of it.

#271 Posted by xGamePlayerx19 (378 posts) -

Lately I set a number of how many games I have to beat in a year. Last year it was 30 and i 39 games beaten. This I have theme and it is to beat as many rpgs as possible in one year and still play games like dead space. I'm going through games like xenoblade, ni no kuni, fire embelm, final fantsy 7,8 and 9. To beat both white knight chronicles games. To beat dibalo 2 and 3. Those are just some of the rpgs I've chosen or haven beaten.

samclockwise

I'm doing this as well, Im trying to get through all the "Tales of" games I can, just beat Tale of the Abyss, now on Tales of Graces f, then I have Tales of Vesperia. Planning on getting through Eternal Sonata, Resonance of Fate, Final Fantasy IX, X and XII and XII-2, Fire Emblem Awakening and ni no kuni as well. Hoping to get this all done by september before Tales of Xillia releases. This is certainly the year of RPGs for me hahah.

EDIT: Almost left out Persona 4 Golden as well, still have to finish that.

#272 Posted by Linda570 (7 posts) -
Nice thread! will definitely chime in after classes
#273 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

[QUOTE="samclockwise"]

xGamePlayerx19

I'm doing this as well, Im trying to get through all the "Tales of" games I can, just beat Tale of the Abyss, now on Tales of Graces f, then I have Tales of Vesperia. Planning on getting through Eternal Sonata, Resonance of Fate, Final Fantasy IX, X and XII and XII-2, Fire Emblem Awakening and ni no kuni as well. Hoping to get this all done by september before Tales of Xillia releases. This is certainly the year of RPGs for me hahah.

Good lord man, I'm hoping you're breaking up those games with other genres, even if it's something like a simple platformer or shooter. You're gonna burn yourself out so fast man :P

#274 Posted by xGamePlayerx19 (378 posts) -

[QUOTE="xGamePlayerx19"]

[QUOTE="samclockwise"]

whiskeystrike

Good lord man, I'm hoping you're breaking up those games with other genres, even if it's something like a simple platformer or shooter. You're gonna burn yourself out so fast man :P

Hahah yea Im planning to throw in some Monster Hunter, Animal Crossing, and The Last of Us. Think that'll be good.

#275 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -
You guys did not like what I posted for Round III so Im going to make it hard :lol:
#276 Posted by xGamePlayerx19 (378 posts) -

You guys did not like what I posted for Round III so Im going to make it hard :lol:Young_Charter
O my this is quite difficult, making me pick between "Tales of" and "Dragon Warrior/Quest", this is a good one.

#277 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

[QUOTE="samclockwise"]

xGamePlayerx19

Good luck man. I'm STILL working my way through P4G and I've been playing since release. I even but Fire Emblem on hold until I can finish it up. I'm in mid-January now at 85 hours. I've still got a few SL's to max out, the bonus dungeon, the True End dungeon, and I'll be doing a ton of grinding to fill up as much of my Compendium as possible and grinding for Hardcore Risette Fan since I wanna get as many trophies out of the way as I can so I can easily get the Platinum on my second run. I'm gonna try and do my second run as a speed run if I can get it down to the last 2 trophies: [spoiler] Beat Margaret and fuse Izanagi-no-Okami (also fills my compendium) which can both only be done on a second playthrough [/spoiler] . Once again, I wish you luck. It's taken me this long to get through P4G so I couldn't imagine trying to get through all of those in only 6 months time. Didn't know ToX was confirmed for September though. Great news since that's one of my most anticipated games all year.
#278 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -
You guys did not like what I posted for Round III so Im going to make it hard :lol:Young_Charter
You suck. It was really hard to choose between FF and Persona. P4 is still the single greatest JRPG I've ever played and P3 is up there as well so I gave a slight edge to Persona for quality. FFX is still my favorite game of all time though :P
#279 Posted by xGamePlayerx19 (378 posts) -

[QUOTE="xGamePlayerx19"]

[QUOTE="samclockwise"]

Texas2089

I'm doing this as well, Im trying to get through all the "Tales of" games I can, just beat Tale of the Abyss, now on Tales of Graces f, then I have Tales of Vesperia. Planning on getting through Eternal Sonata, Resonance of Fate, Final Fantasy IX, X and XII and XIII-2, Fire Emblem Awakening and ni no kuni as well. Hoping to get this all done by september before Tales of Xillia releases. This is certainly the year of RPGs for me hahah.

Good luck man. I'm STILL working my way through P4G and I've been playing since release. I even but Fire Emblem on hold until I can finish it up. I'm in mid-January now at 85 hours. I've still got a few SL's to max out, the bonus dungeon, the True End dungeon, and I'll be doing a ton of grinding to fill up as much of my Compendium as possible and grinding for Hardcore Risette Fan since I wanna get as many trophies out of the way as I can so I can easily get the Platinum on my second run. I'm gonna try and do my second run as a speed run if I can get it down to the last 2 trophies: [spoiler] Beat Margaret and fuse Izanagi-no-Okami (also fills my compendium) which can both only be done on a second playthrough [/spoiler] . Once again, I wish you luck. It's taken me this long to get through P4G so I couldn't imagine trying to get through all of those in only 6 months time. Didn't know ToX was confirmed for September though. Great news since that's one of my most anticipated games all year.

Yea, Im at 50 hours with Persona so I know I still have a ways to go. I know it's alot to get through in only 6 moths, so Im thinking Im might just have to take off Final Fantasy IX X and XII and put them to the side for when I have time for them, because Id like to beable to put more time in each game. For ToX, as I know of, it releases in september, Ive heard 30th to be more specific but that can always change, hopefully not, looking very forward to it as well.

#280 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]You guys did not like what I posted for Round III so Im going to make it hard :lol:Texas2089
You suck. It was really hard to choose between FF and Persona. P4 is still the single greatest JRPG I've ever played and P3 is up there as well so I gave a slight edge to Persona for quality. FFX is still my favorite game of all time though :P

It was your fault douchebag. I knew that if I made another single poll without the word "Persona" on it you were going to have a heart attack. So I said screw it and gave you and the rest of the other grouchy poll voters something to stress about :P
#281 Posted by roboccs (7072 posts) -

Tough call between the Tales and Final Fantasy series' for me. I give FF a slight edge.

BTW: [spoiler] I just found Locke in FF6 so I'm pumped! I got 8 characters now so in my next game session I'm going for some light grinding to catch Locke and my other weaker characters up a bit and then I'm going for Kefka!! [/spoiler]

#282 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -
[QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"]You guys did not like what I posted for Round III so Im going to make it hard :lol:Young_Charter

It was your fault douchebag. I knew that if I made another single poll without the word "Persona" on it you were going to have a heart attack. So I said screw it and gave you and the rest of the other grouchy poll voters something to stress about :P

Well if you had just included it in the FIRST poll this wouldn't have even been an issue :P
#283 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -
[QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="Texas2089"] You suck. It was really hard to choose between FF and Persona. P4 is still the single greatest JRPG I've ever played and P3 is up there as well so I gave a slight edge to Persona for quality. FFX is still my favorite game of all time though :P

Well if you had just included it in the FIRST poll this wouldn't have even been an issue :P

And I assume now it is ? :lol:
#284 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

That poll is evil :P

Final Fantasy will always have a special place in my heart because its the first JRPG series I've ever go into. Disgaea was the first SRPG I've ever gotten into and I love its complex and addictive gameplay that seems to get better with each installment. I also love the Persona series for its amazing stories, characters, and its turn based gameplay. And I'm playing my first Tales game and really liking it. Darn. I ended up choosing Persona but I dunno man. Its really hard to put one over the other. :shock:

#286 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -

That poll is evil :P

Lucky_Krystal

muawahaahahahhhh :twisted:

#287 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"] It was your fault douchebag. I knew that if I made another single poll without the word "Persona" on it you were going to have a heart attack. So I said screw it and gave you and the rest of the other grouchy poll voters something to stress about :P

Yes it's an issue because I can only vote once, and I changed my mind and decided I wanted to pick Final Fantasy now. If you had put Persona 4 in the first poll I could have picked that, and then I could have picked FF here and been all clear without having to make that nervewracking decision.
#288 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -
[QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="Texas2089"] Well if you had just included it in the FIRST poll this wouldn't have even been an issue :P

Yes it's an issue because I can only vote once, and I changed my mind and decided I wanted to pick Final Fantasy now. If you had put Persona 4 in the first poll I could have picked that, and then I could have picked FF here and been all clear without having to make that nervewracking decision.

Well that's your fault buddy. I gave you what you want ;)
#289 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

OMG i love them all :(

But, i'll have to go with finalfantasy ix is just too perfect XD
#290 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -

OMG i love them all :(

But, i'll have to go with finalfantasy ix is just too perfect XDSweenix
The crazy thing is, I have not beaten FFIX :( . I've completed VII, VIII, X, XII, XIII but not IX. . . I should start the game today but I still have Xenogears to finish. After that perhaps I'll go to FF IX and then Chrono Trigger
#291 Posted by beechy1988 (13 posts) -

I'm Playing through IX at the moment. Just got to the start of disc 3. 2nd best ff in my opinion

#292 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -

I'm Playing through IX at the moment. Just got to the start of disc 3. 2nd best ff in my opinion

beechy1988
I think VIII was amazing. Maybe because It was the first time I really analyzed the whole plot twist and noticed how deeply connected the whole party was a formed together by fate and destiny.
#293 Posted by beechy1988 (13 posts) -

I never finished VIII. But it is on the to do list. VII was the 1st one I played so I guess thats why its my favourite. I don't think i'll ever get sick of playing through it ay.

#294 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -

I never finished VIII. But it is on the to do list. VII was the 1st one I played so I guess thats why its my favourite. I don't think i'll ever get sick of playing through it ay.

beechy1988
Same here. If I ever play that game again, I'll look forward attempting to get the Water walking mountain climbing chocobo and a couple of other good things.
#295 Posted by xGamePlayerx19 (378 posts) -

Man these recent polls have been difficult, question though, wheres XIII? I actually enjoyed that one a lot.

#296 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13145 posts) -
I also enjoyed XIII quite a bit. And I'm sure most would agree, that VI should be on that list. Should have put it up there instead of XII. :P
#297 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -
Just finished up the True End in Persona 4 Golden. Kinda bittersweet that it's over. Took me 102 hours to beat it, and it was all completely worth it for the new epilogue. It didn't really add a whole lot to the story necessarily, but it was just such a feel good moment. I'm still amazed at the amount of extra content they managed to cram into P4, and the extra content is absolutely worth experiencing even if you've already played Persona 4 on the PS2. I can say without a doubt that Persona 4 Golden is the greatest JRPG of all time, and probably the best game I've ever played. Absolutely worth buying a Vita just for this game. I'm only 5 trophies away from the Platinum, so I'll be starting a second playthrough soon to get the last few that I need. Looking forward to running through it again.
#298 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -
I also enjoyed XIII quite a bit. And I'm sure most would agree, that VI should be on that list. Should have put it up there instead of XII. :PMrSelf-Destruct
I thoroughly enjoyed XIII as well. Never played VI but I always see people praising it so it probably would have been a more fitting choice than VIII or XII. VII, IX, and X are definitely deserving of being there though.
#299 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Voted XII, easy choice.

#300 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

Voted XII, easy choice.

whiskeystrike

Me too. Easily my favorite Final Fantasy in terms of extra content/sidequests and gameplay. X-2 comes close in those areas too. I know I'm in the minority though. People bash both of these games so much.