The PS4 should come out with a $400 bundle.

#1 Posted by BH14 (1708 posts) -

We see the xbox one just come out with a xbox one titanfall bundle that comes with xbox one, titanfall game and kinect camera for $450. Sony price advantage over xbox one has disappeared now.

I wouldn't mind seeing a PS4 bundle with the new batman game or infamous second son for $400. I would even pay $450 for a PS4, a real good game and the PS4 camera. Right now, it would cost me like $520 to put that together. Plus I think I will have to add a much larger hard drive so that is another expense.

#2 Posted by MethodManFTW (25666 posts) -

they should come out with a 50 dollar bundle

#3 Posted by mariokart64fan (19473 posts) -

ps4 is 400 dollars why would they release a bundle for the same price as the stand alone, ya i think we would be looking at 429 or something , a little higher much like they did last gen , even if they did whats the difference their already hard to find

#4 Posted by SoNin360 (5450 posts) -

With the way PS4's are selling, they have no need to whip up a money-saving bundle. It would be great for us and everything, but they really aren't that desperate.

#5 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

they should come out with a 50 dollar bundle

Nah, 49.99

#6 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4700 posts) -

That isn't an official $450 price, its just discounting by three major retailers. Sony and no company responds to temporary sales by retailers.

#7 Edited by fatee (300 posts) -

@BH14 said:

"...I would even pay $450 for a PS4..."

You can! Right now! Come to Canada - it's $450 plus 12% tax!
Just for the console.

#8 Posted by ominous_titan (624 posts) -

No they shouldn't. With how popular it us they could increase the price and it would still sell like wildfire

#9 Posted by BattleSpectre (5998 posts) -

They're hard enough to find as it is, if they drop the price any further they might as well do another midnight launch for the console it'll be that successful.

#10 Posted by BH14 (1708 posts) -

I know Sony PS4 doesn't need to make a $400 PS4 bundle because it is selling like hot cakes. I think xbox one did the right thing with their $450 bundle (if they keep that price). I remember PS4 being the clear winner when it came to value earlier. Now?

PS4 + camera + game = $520

Xbox One + kinect + Titanfall = $450

$70 price difference is huge..... I just wanna see PS4 bundle with infamous second son or new batman game and HOPEFULLY 1 TB HARD DRIVE but that would be wishful thinking! I would happily plop down $400 for it.

#11 Posted by SpideR_CentS (4764 posts) -

They won't lower the price or bundle for a while. No need to. You'll prob see retailers do specials around the holiday season, or maaaybe Sony will bundle a game or something in the holiday season.

#12 Edited by littlestreakier (2912 posts) -

PS4 is already selling at a loss for Sony while XB1 is/was selling at a profit for MS. With the way that PS4 has been selling, I don't expect there to be a price cut anytime soon except for a holiday bundle (which I don't consider that soon). It would be great for gamers if there is, but I just don't see it happening.

#13 Edited by BH14 (1708 posts) -

@littlestreakier said:

PS4 is already selling at a loss for Sony while XB1 is/was selling at a profit for MS. With the way that PS4 has been selling, I don't expect there to be a price cut anytime soon except for a holiday bundle (which I don't consider that soon). It would be great for gamers if there is, but I just don't see it happening.

Right now, PS4 is making a little profit as it cost $381 to make a PS4. If Xbox One does the Titanfall bundle for $450, they would be taking a big loss considering the xbox one with kinect alone cost $471.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/11/29/the-deanbeat-the-xbox-one-cost-471-to-make-the-ps4-costs-381-and-why-this-matters-in-the-long-run/

#14 Posted by Sonny360Elite (1574 posts) -

I'd still rather have PS4 for $400n than the Titanfall Bundle at $450 though. So nah I don't see the point and don't see that happening any time soon.

And right now I have both consoles. Thinking about sending back the XBOX but idk.

#15 Posted by littlestreakier (2912 posts) -
@BH14 said:

@littlestreakier said:

Right now, PS4 is making a little profit as it cost $381 to make a PS4. If Xbox One does the Titanfall bundle for $450, they would be taking a big loss considering the xbox one with kinect alone cost $471.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/11/29/the-deanbeat-the-xbox-one-cost-471-to-make-the-ps4-costs-381-and-why-this-matters-in-the-long-run/

In terms of hardware build it's a slight profit but when factored in with shipping and fees I'm pretty sure it's a loss not a significant loss but maybe a slight loss. I honestly don't think they are making a profit on hardware sales of the PS4, break even at best imo.

Link: http://www.gamefront.com/sony-probably-loses-money-on-each-ps4/

#16 Posted by philip6k (507 posts) -

@fatee said:

@BH14 said:

"...I would even pay $450 for a PS4..."

You can! Right now! Come to Canada - it's $450 plus 12% tax!

Just for the console.

You do realize that taxes are different in every province? Only 5% here beotch!

#17 Posted by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

@BH14: The PS4 is a reasonably priced computer. Second Son is computer quality graphics and Xbone is still pushing last gen visuals. PS4 could be priced at $600 reasonably. I can't stand people that want something for nothing. It's usually the people that are too lazy to get a job.

#18 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71413 posts) -

They aren't as desperate as MS and Nintendo are this generation. It's not going to happen this year dude

#19 Posted by BH14 (1708 posts) -

@BH14: The PS4 is a reasonably priced computer. Second Son is computer quality graphics and Xbone is still pushing last gen visuals. PS4 could be priced at $600 reasonably. I can't stand people that want something for nothing. It's usually the people that are too lazy to get a job.

You are out of your mind if you think $600 for a ps4 is reasonable price. You said "Something for nothing"? When did $400 ever get the label as "nothing"? We are talking about a $400 game system. Add one game, another controller and eye camera...... $580 plus tax..... Only like $630...... That is "nothing"? Sorry but I would rather spend my money on more important things. I need to see a decent value before getting a ps4. Lets not forget adding a 1 tb hard drive because 500gb is way too small. Puts that entire package with 1 game to $700..... Nothing?!

#20 Posted by Sonny360Elite (1574 posts) -

XBOX One is failing miserably so that's why they have these sales. It is a failing system. Microsoft is a horrible gaming company. Wanted to end used games and make the Kinect mandatory but had a huge backlash. Still can't climb themselves out of the BS they dug themselves into. Now they're just treading water and trying to sell all these consoles and bundles at a significant discount.

They are failing and that's the bottom line. Sony is doing very well and doesn't need to sell a bundle like the hurting MS XBOX One.

#21 Posted by betamaxx83 (351 posts) -

No need for a bundle. It's selling well.

#22 Posted by dino7c (80 posts) -

PS4 comes with free games from the PSN network and will continue to give free games each month...and don't give me the "for a fee" BS since you can't even play titanfall without live even if you buy a retail copy