The PS4 is out! Welcome to next gen!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Blabadon (25883 posts) -

How is it? First impressions? How's the box? What's it smell like? Did you pay for your PS4?

#2 Posted by Sophette (508 posts) -

According to Amazon's tracking. My PS4 is currently sitting in an Atlanta UPS facility waiting to go out for delivery tomorrow. :( Guess I'll have to wait until I get home from work tomorrow to play with my new toy.

#3 Edited by Ovirew (6303 posts) -

I am way too tired to answer any of those questions right now. Everything smells like pizza because I just ate some. PSN is giving everyone problems. Guess I'll have to wait to play Resogun and contrast. I am feeling too tired to play much of anything. : /. But it's cool to have my ps4!

#4 Posted by Terrencec06 (3447 posts) -

Got it but PSN is down

#5 Posted by bronco101us (7 posts) -

Bought a PS4 tonight at best buy and it does not work out of the box. Here is the video I took of what happened.

http://youtu.be/TL9IB5scoD8

#6 Edited by Geminon (1095 posts) -

Bought a PS4 tonight at best buy and it does not work out of the box. Here is the video I took of what happened.

http://youtu.be/TL9IB5scoD8

just take it back dude.... what is the big deal?

#7 Edited by porkchopxp (1153 posts) -

Got mine. So far so good. PSN's a little sluggish atm but that's understandable. I have managed to download the entertainment/streaming apps, Resogun, Contrast and currently downloading Trine 2 Complete. I'm loving it. The new UI is friendly and quick(I might get tired of all the blue any second though). I'm really digging the Twitch/Streamplay functionality. I can say that from watching a few gamers play Madden to save your money on that one. It's an embarrassment to call that a next-gen title, it's barely an improvement over current gen.

Gonna wait until I get some sleep to install my three disc games(KZ, AC4 & nba2k14). Overall I'm quite pleased with my PS4.

#8 Posted by BlueCash (518 posts) -

Got mine at Best Buy along with Killzone but haven't opened either yet.

#9 Posted by RiKanKiDD (1058 posts) -

Killzone is fun. Cant wait to try Assassin's Creed Later. PSN has some maintanense issues. Will see what happens tomorrow. Hopefully it works so i can redeem my PS + card.

#10 Edited by craigalan23 (15879 posts) -

Too many psn issues so Im going to wait to really play it until tomorrow plus I have work in the morning. I tried Killzones singleplayer and it looked great though.

#11 Posted by mojoreb (38 posts) -

Haven't gotten it yet, but eventually. Have fun with it

#12 Posted by KHAndAnime (13384 posts) -

It's amazing and worth the money. Everything is so seamless, fast, and integrated - the PS3 behaves like a slug by comparison. Games install wicked fast (feels like it's almost instant, rarely more than a minute). The multiplayer is extremely fluid in KZ and BF, more fluid than anything I've felt on a console by a long shot. Also wanted to mention that the mic it comes with is very decent for online play. I couldn't even imagine playing a PS3 or 360 anymore - too many sacrifices going backwards.

#13 Edited by Blabadon (25883 posts) -

Impressions?

#14 Posted by craigalan23 (15879 posts) -

It looks great and the controller is absolutely superior in every way almost. PSN seems to be running smoother today besides from BF4. Killzone is a blast and I have encountered only a few morons.