The Persona Series News Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Young_Charter (19883 posts) -

If you have ever seen any of my threads for an upcoming title(s) or any anticipation/hype thread, it's the same old gig when it comes to the rules. They are the same as Gamespot's but they are all OT approved.

Anywho, I ended up finding a few articles regarding Persona 4: Arena Ultimax, Persona 4: Dancing All Night, and a Official Persona 5 website that confirms that it will be released on PS3 in 2015. I will be adding the links below.

1. Persona 5 for PS3
  2. Persona 4 Arena Ultimax gets Fall 2014 release on PS3
  3. Persona 4: Dancing All Night coming to PS Vita in 2015
  4. Atlus wanted to make a Persona rhythm game "for a while" before Persona 4 Dancing All Night
  5. Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth Teaser (3DS) ( Thanks @yokofox33 )

IF you are new to the Persona series or have not tried any of the Persona titles, Persona 2-3 are on PSN, 1-3 are on PSP (can be played on Vita), Persona 4 Golden on PS4 (which includes extras), and 3-4 are on PS2 and originals are on PS1 but hard to find (in case the PSP or PS Vita options are not in your possession)

#2 Posted by yokofox33 (29878 posts) -

Glad Dancing All Night is coming to the West. Sucks both it and Persona 5 are at least a year away, but it'll be worth it. I just hopes the Persona Q game for the 3DS makes it to the West as well. That is the most enticing spin off game for me.

#3 Edited by SoNin360 (5502 posts) -

I'm really looking forward to Persona 5, even though P4G was my first Persona game... and I first played it 6 months ago or so. I'm hesitant on playing any previous Persona games as I fear they will be underwhelming in comparison to the one I played, which appears to be regarded as the best one overall.

Anyway, I suppose it's nice to have something to look forward to playing on my PS3 in 2015, I just hope it isn't the later half of the year.

#4 Posted by yokofox33 (29878 posts) -

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth is confirmed for a fall release in NA. Stoked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdW_Y46DXiA

#5 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11415 posts) -

So much Persona goodness coming up. Glad I have a PS3/Vita/3DS to try them all.

I hope we finally see a trailer for P5 at E3 though.

#6 Edited by Young_Charter (19883 posts) -

@yokofox33 said:

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth is confirmed for a fall release in NA. Stoked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdW_Y46DXiA

Thanks Yoko. I will post this up as well.

#7 Posted by Ballroompirate (23029 posts) -

Hopefully we see an actual P5 trailer at E3.

#8 Posted by Young_Charter (19883 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

Hopefully. Have you played many of the Persona titles ?

#9 Edited by Ballroompirate (23029 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Playing through P4 Golden and I've been slowly playing through P3 FES the last month or so.

#10 Posted by Young_Charter (19883 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@Young_Charter said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Playing through P4 Golden and I've been slowly playing through P3 FES the last month or so.

I just got Persona 3 on PSN thanks to my boy. How is it ?

#11 Edited by Ballroompirate (23029 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@Young_Charter said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Pretty good, I think it's almost as good as P4 Golden but it's a lot longer from what I hear if you play Journey and Answer. I have no desire to play Answer mode though.

#12 Edited by Young_Charter (19883 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@Young_Charter said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@Young_Charter said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Pretty good, I think it's almost as good as P4 Golden but it's a lot longer from what I hear if you play Journey and Answer. I have no desire to play Answer mode though.

why not ?

#13 Posted by Ballroompirate (23029 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@Young_Charter said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@Young_Charter said:

@Ballroompirate said:

why not ?

From what I hear The Answer is really grindy compared to The Journey.

#14 Posted by Young_Charter (19883 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@Young_Charter said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@Young_Charter said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@Young_Charter said:

@Ballroompirate said:

why not ?

From what I hear The Answer is really grindy compared to The Journey.

Ahhh I gotcha. I guess sometimes grinding could be in the way.

#15 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

I'm so happy that Persona 5 is coming out next year. While I love both Persona 3 and 4...I'm getting a little tired of all these spin-offs. I want new characters, new stories, and new material. I am getting Persona 5 day one, no doubt, and if there's a collector's edition, I want it.

Not going to lie though, that rhythm game sounds hilarious.

#16 Posted by Young_Charter (19883 posts) -

@Lucky_Krystal said:

I'm so happy that Persona 5 is coming out next year. While I love both Persona 3 and 4...I'm getting a little tired of all these spin-offs. I want new characters, new stories, and new material. I am getting Persona 5 day one, no doubt, and if there's a collector's edition, I want it.

Yea it'll be worth it. Which Persona was your fave ?

#17 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

@Lucky_Krystal said:

Yea it'll be worth it. Which Persona was your fave ?

Persona 3. I know a lot of people say 4 is better, but I vastly prefer 3's characters and story. Also, I played Portable, so there wasn't that huge a difference in gameplay. I know that was a big reason why many prefer 4.

#18 Edited by yokofox33 (29878 posts) -

Unberiebable! Could you imagine the step? It's genius!

#20 Edited by Young_Charter (19883 posts) -

Hmm. Well once I get a chance I will play Persona 3. I have it digitally so why not. Im just still on FF9 atm.