The Pain Of Spellunky

This topic is locked from further discussion.

waffleboy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1 waffleboy22
Member since 2013 • 305 Posts

So as the owner of a PS4 and a holder of a playstation plus subscription, i recently took advantage of one of the ps plus free games of the month. It is the best and worst decision I have ever made. At the time of this post I have died close to 1,500 times, and I am no closer to completing the game. I'm now beginning to get the feeling that I am going about this all wrong. Does anybody have any tips on how to play this game, as i'm probably just going to keep attempting to complete it with minimal effect. This may be one game i simply can't complete.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

The idea is you're suppose to go in blind and die around every corner.... If you have questions, keep playing... Asking for help might ruin the game.

MFbronz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MFbronz
Member since 2007 • 403 Posts

Spelunky is a lot of trial and error, if you really want a tip or two then i suggest YouTube, game is insanely hard and that's what i like about it(pause)

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

I was soooo looking forward to this game. Finally tried it and having a time limit ruined it for me. Do you ever get the chance to fully explore the mines, or are you always rushing against the clock? That was a deal breaker for me.

rafc84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 rafc84
Member since 2014 • 61 Posts

I download it also as a free game in PSN, and i really enjoy it....

i ahvent played it much, and i play in adventure mode... and there is no clock as far as i know....or it means the giant ghost comes after a bit?

anyways, i have no idea what the game is about hahahah besides not die in the mines... but its a cool game

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

@rafc84 said:

and there is no clock as far as i know....or it means the giant ghost comes after a bit?

Yes, that's what I mean. It looks like maybe you can avoid him if you have the proper equipment. Is that right? Can you get items to ward off the ghost?

rafc84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 rafc84
Member since 2014 • 61 Posts

@Grieverr: I did my research about that ghost

apparently it comes after 2:30 min. and apparently is only in some levels (which ones, not sure)

there is not much to it anyways... i saw you can stun the ghost with the camera (if you are lucky enough to have it)... i haven't tried that theory by the way

i still not able to manage more than 3 levels at the time hahahaha but im trying

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@Grieverr

Well that does sound like fun at all. Wouldn't it be better if there was a mechanic to ward off the Ghost ?

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

My tip would be to abandon the damsel and don't touch the relic, let alone look for it. Risks and greed will get you killed in the world of spelunky. It may be defeating the point somewhat but if you want to complete the game then get to the exit as soon as possible taking the easiest most boring path you can.

And don't try to rob the salesman!!