This topic is locked from further discussion.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Anybody here getting it? I'm still not 100% sold on it, what about you guys and gals?

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#3 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

@mdk12345:

I haven't bought a game for full price yet this generation.

I will be getting it, not for 60 though.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Yes, day one buy for me. I don't get all the hate this game is receiving but then again I am quite easily pleased. I don't mind QTE's and I love games like Heavy Rain so I don't mind if I'm not controlling the character 100% of the time. Also, the setting alone is enough to get me excited for the game. I think it'll be a sleeper hit.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MarcRecon

@mdk12345 said:

I'm not going to get it until it drops in price significantly.

We will see....

@polishkid99 said:

@mdk12345:

I haven't bought a game for full price yet this generation.

I will be getting it, not for 60 though.

Me either, that's why I won't have a problem making this my first.

@BattleSpectre said:

Yes, day one buy for me. I don't get all the hate this game is receiving but then again I am quite easily pleased. I don't mind QTE's and I love games like Heavy Rain so I don't mind if I'm not controlling the character 100% of the time. Also, the setting alone is enough to get me excited for the game. I think it'll be a sleeper hit.

The Order won't be overwhelming, but I think it will be a solid tittle.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Collectors edition coming this way, the truth is that I don't care much about what has been said about the game, everybody talked so high about Destiny, it looked so good that I even got the Ghost edition and ..... it's going to have a very nice place in the used games spot at Gamers ( something similar to GameSpot ) because I'm getting rid of that POS game.

Avatar image for frankiebotzkidd
frankiebotzkidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 frankiebotzkidd
Member since 2014 • 68 Posts

day 1 if reviews are good . gamefly is so so or bad so i could see for myself without spending the dough. proven and tried system for me thus far thank u very muchh

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Most likely but I keep forgetting that its coming out soon.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

It's definitely one of those games that I'll need to see a few reviews on.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MarcRecon

@raugutcon said:

the truth is that I don't care much about what has been said about the game, everybody talked so high about Destiny,

Exactly, I've been going off my own personal observation of gameplay videos and developer interviews and I must say that the game has vastly improved since last years showing. Even though I'm not totally sold, it still will be a mostlikely day1 purchase.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MarcRecon
@marcheegsr said:

Most likely but I keep forgetting that its coming out soon.

I think sony has been smart by not over hyping it over the last few months.

@raugutcon said:

the truth is that I don't care much about what has been said about the game, everybody talked so high about Destiny,

Exactly, I've been going off my own personal observation of gameplay videos and developer interviews and I must say that the game has vastly improved since last years showing. Even though I'm not totally sold, it still will be a mostlikely day1 purchase.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

The game looks pretty meh tbh. Looks like there's way too much focus on the "movie feel" and not enough on gameplay. Hell the devs even admitted that their goal is to create a good story and cinematic feel and only then they think about the gameplay. Not a good thing to hear.

But I'll wait for reviews and depending on the results I might consider it when it gets cheap.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Getting it Day One, there a solid development team, with a decent enough track record on Vita, the game looks absolutely stunning, and you know had enough of all these outdated looking open world games with not much to do in them except go to point a travel to point b just to move the story along, I'm happy that a decent looking, hopefully good story, linear game, I think really thats the one thing putting alot of people off that it's a linear game, just like how FPS games ruled last gen, it's looking like open world games are becoming the norm and anything else isn't good if it's not open.

Cannot wait, people moaning about QTE even COD has alot of it in there single player game and that is pretty linear considering your always trying to get to point b frew waves of enemies.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16  Edited By coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Will probably be renting it first to try it out.

mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 mgools
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

Yep. Will be picking this up.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MarcRecon

@bezza2011 said:

Getting it Day One, there a solid development team, with a decent enough track record on Vita, the game looks absolutely stunning, and you know had enough of all these outdated looking open world games with not much to do in them except go to point a travel to point b just to move the story along, I'm happy that a decent looking, hopefully good story, linear game, I think really thats the one thing putting alot of people off that it's a linear game, just like how FPS games ruled last gen, it's looking like open world games are becoming the norm and anything else isn't good if it's not open.

Cannot wait, people moaning about QTE even COD has alot of it in there single player game and that is pretty linear considering your always trying to get to point b frew waves of enemies.

Agreed, even though it's linear, if the story and gameplay are solid, I can live with that! Open world games are great, but they can also get repetitious. So both have their pros and cons, people need to stop getting caught up in trends and just enjoy a GOOD game....whether it's open world or linear.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@MarcRecon said:

@bezza2011 said:

Agreed, even though it's linear, if the story and gameplay are solid, I can live with that! Open world games are great, but they can also get repetitious. So both have their pros and cons, people need to stop getting caught up in trends and just enjoy a GOOD game....whether it's open world or linear.

Exactly so many developers are pushing open world way to much, it doesn't need to be open world to be good, a good story solid gameplay is better than an open world 1000 side missions with meh story.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I certainly won't drop money until it is out and reviews are in. But I'm not as pessimistic as some about it - linear =/= bad. It CAN. But it doesn't have to. In fact, as others have said, sometimes open-world games become way too shallow. I will do the sensible thing and just wait and see (we should never pre-order, IMO, unless perhaps we played and loved a beta of the game and trust the dev)

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MarcRecon

@xantufrog said:

as others have said, sometimes open-world games become way too shallow. I will do the sensible thing and just wait and see (we should never pre-order, IMO, unless perhaps we played and loved a beta of the game and trust the dev)

Agreed, I don't knock people who pre-order, but the only way I would do it if I had hands on time with a demo or there was one hell of a bonus.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

Yeah 100% agree mate... I think people are being way to harsh on a game that hasn't even released yet. I think it looks cool and as you said, the setting alone has me interested.

Too bad I don't have a PS4 anymore :(

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MarcRecon

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

Yeah 100% agree mate... I think people are being way to harsh on a game that hasn't even released yet. I think it looks cool and as you said, the setting alone has me interested.

What happend?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@MarcRecon said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

What happend?

I sold it to a friend a while back as I decided to stick with just one main console, and I prefer Xbone. Part of me wishes I kept it, but I just don't like having both. I'll probably regret it by the end of this year but oh well.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MarcRecon

@hrt_rulz01:

You did what was right for your situation, I'll be getting the xb1 eventually, so I'll be seeing on the other side!

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I have the $80 collectors edition preordered. I like TPS games and this one looks fun.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#27 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@MarcRecon: meh, i am going to wait for it to get cheap

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points