The Last of Us-Digital or Disc version?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MarcRecon (5441 posts) -

I was hell-bent on getting the digital version but when I heard about the size(26G) I almost wet my pants...I barely got 10G!! Looks like I'm going with the Hardcopy, what about you guys?

#2 Posted by MethodManFTW (25509 posts) -
I'm going digital.
#3 Posted by MarcRecon (5441 posts) -

I'm going digital. MethodManFTW

Wow...:shock:....you got that kind of space on your HDD?

#4 Posted by sirk1264 (5525 posts) -
Digital for me too. Got almost 200 gigs freed up on my HDD.
#5 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -

Disc version for me. I usually only buy digital if the disc version isn't available in the US. 

#6 Posted by Sk8ter_213 (4573 posts) -
Always hardcopy.
#7 Posted by hiryu3 (7304 posts) -
I'm going digital. MethodManFTW
Same here. I still got 120 gigs free since upgrading to a 500gig drive. Shoot newegg had a 1 TB drive for $60 the other day.
#8 Posted by CRUSHER88 (1150 posts) -
Retail disc. Already have 70 games listed under PS3 digital library because of PS+ and some games I grabbed on sale. Gonna be screwed for space once UC3 hits PS+
#9 Posted by Bigboi500 (29145 posts) -

Disc.

#10 Posted by Outsider-G (2448 posts) -
Although I have space for digital, I'm going with the disc version.
#11 Posted by sukraj (21902 posts) -

Disc

#12 Posted by Schreek (1636 posts) -

I have 700 GB free on my HDD, but I will be getting the disc. I don't wanna wait forever for it to finish downloading.

#13 Posted by muffin200 (733 posts) -

Was going to go digital until I read the 24Gig odd download size.

(i'm still on a 60G machine)

#14 Posted by cooldust (3283 posts) -
Disk, ordered and paid for my Joel Edition. :)
#15 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18334 posts) -
Disc version for sure.. when I'm done I want to be able to trade it and get something for it to put towards my next game. Now I'm married and have kids I don't have lots of money to spend on games.
#16 Posted by H_M_1 (1150 posts) -
People buying digital must be rich I mean don't they charge rip off prices like £60 for the digital game when you can pick it up for like £40? I don't care who the dev is but charging those crazy prices is not on.
#17 Posted by ziggyww (835 posts) -
Im going digital well I kinda gotta because my disc drive is broken (rest of the console is working) But in instead a 750GB drive and got around 90gb of it free. So going to install the digital version of the last of us :) Hoping GTA does the same kinda thing as thats the version they are showing in press releases if not shall have to get it on the 360.
#18 Posted by ziggyww (835 posts) -
UC3 is a PS+ title in the next week for E3 now thats over 40gb lol, glad I got space for both on my HDD, IF not I got a fair amount of indie and games I have completed and never really play anymore to delete.
#19 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5653 posts) -
Always hardcopy.Sk8ter_213
Yep definitely.
#20 Posted by Videodogg (12551 posts) -

I might go digital. Face it, there are not many games left for PS3. I have plenty of room for the Last of Us, and GT6, The Puppeteer, and a few others.

#21 Posted by badlalo59 (899 posts) -

Disc...just don't have the space for a digital copy.

#22 Posted by dalger21 (1021 posts) -
Digital. Considering they PS3 won't play on PS4, might have to go that way anyway.
#23 Posted by nyc05 (10173 posts) -

Disc for me.

#24 Posted by Sharvie (8895 posts) -
Hardcopy every day of the week.
#25 Posted by jocaju (851 posts) -

I might go digital. Face it, there are not many games left for PS3. I have plenty of room for the Last of Us, and GT6, The Puppeteer, and a few others.

Videodogg

To be honest, I could even have a 1TB of HDD space that I would go with a disc version. In 20 years I can pop the disc and play the game. If I get the game digital, in 20 years they could shut down the PS3 services and I won't be able to redownload the game in case my hard drive dies or something.

#26 Posted by Jackc8 (8500 posts) -

I always go with the disk version.  If my PS3 dies at some point in the future I don't have to worry about re-downloading a bunch of games, hoping the network won't be horribly slow that day, etc.  I've got a 500GB drive but there's no reason to fill it up needlessly.

#27 Posted by MethodManFTW (25509 posts) -

[QUOTE="Videodogg"]

jocaju

To be honest, I could even have a 1TB of HDD space that I would go with a disc version. In 20 years I can pop the disc and play the game. If I get the game digital, in 20 years they could shut down the PS3 services and I won't be able to redownload the game in case my hard drive dies or something.

Your disc could get scratched beyond repair just like hard drives can fail. Although yeah, one is inevitable, one is necessarily not.
#28 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16246 posts) -

Both, i'm buying my collectors edition and im gonna keep it shrink-wrapped forever. I'm gonna play the digital copy only, ten years from now the collectors edition is going to be worth a lot of money.

#29 Posted by Sokol4ever (6304 posts) -

Disk Copy for me personally, I trade in my games towards the value of the next game months ahead. In this case, everything will go towards the PS4.

#30 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -
Disc - Survival Edition from Amazon.
#31 Posted by kerk12 (1580 posts) -
I'm getting the hard copy myself. Besides, I always borrow some of my games to friends, so that'll make it easier.
#32 Posted by Doom_HellKnight (12191 posts) -
Disc. Getting the Ellie Edition and, although I have enough space on my HDD, I'm not going to wait for it to download.
#33 Posted by Solid_Tango (8609 posts) -
DIsc fo shoo. Cant wait to play that baby
#34 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -

People buying digital must be rich I mean don't they charge rip off prices like £60 for the digital game when you can pick it up for like £40? I don't care who the dev is but charging those crazy prices is not on.H_M_1
Digital and Disc are both $60 USD in the US. 

#35 Posted by wwefanforlife (3247 posts) -

People buying digital must be rich I mean don't they charge rip off prices like £60 for the digital game when you can pick it up for like £40? I don't care who the dev is but charging those crazy prices is not on.H_M_1
I think it's the same price in the US for both Digital and Retail. Sony Computer Entertainment Europe as well as every other publisher that puts games on the Playstation Store like to screw us over with the digital prices.

I'm going to buy The Last of Us on disc. I'll always choose disc copies over digital as I like to have a physical copy of my games. Anyway I got £5 off any PS3 game coupon from Tesco which I'll be using for The Last of Us.

#36 Posted by supertrooper23 (900 posts) -
I got the digital version since its like 30 dollars cheaper then the retail version here in australia. I bought it from the US store.
#37 Posted by djshowstopper87 (451 posts) -

I hope the digital version can run on the ps4. I stupidly sold my ps3 3 months ago and REALLY regret doing that now. 

#38 Posted by HipHopBeats (2863 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sk8ter_213"]Always hardcopy.hrt_rulz01
Yep definitely.

Plus you can always get a hardcopy for cheaper.

#39 Posted by Lord_of_Terrans (196 posts) -
Always physical copy, since i can decorate my geek gaming mancave with all my games.
#40 Posted by Niner0 (1596 posts) -

Getting the Limited Edition hardcopy, been waiting for this game eagerly since it was announced.  Too bad some douche-bag spoiled the ending in the comments section of gametrailers, though.

#41 Posted by Canvas_Of_Flesh (4052 posts) -
Disc. I'd never buy a digital copy when you can get the hardcopy for the same price. It actually surprises me that there are people that do.