The Last of Us won't work on my ps3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jstation3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jstation3
Member since 2006 • 224 Posts

Well guys, here's the problem I got with my TLOU Copy.Yesterday,  I played for several hours and everything was just fine. Now it won't work. It won't even show up the game's icon. It won't load or do anything. I have UC3 and plays well as usual movies play too,but TLOU won't and it starts making some clacking sounds as it was going to eject but it doesn't. I read that many others have the same issue as mine. Please help.

Avatar image for NationProtector
NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 NationProtector
Member since 2013 • 1609 Posts

Well guys, here's the problem I got with my TLOU Copy.Yesterday,  I played for several hours and everything was just fine. Now it won't work. It won't even show up the game's icon. It won't load or do anything. I have UC3 and plays well as usual movies play too,but TLOU won't and it starts making some clacking sounds as it was going to eject but it doesn't. I read that many others have the same issue as mine. Please help.

Jstation3
There's a patch online for that. After a few hours to a point there are known issues with the game.
Jstation3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jstation3

Where can I find the patch?  psn or naughty dog's website?

northypoley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 northypoley
Member since 2003 • 1672 Posts
When you start the game it should automatically patch.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I haven't experienced any problems with my disc.

TraXxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 TraXxX
Member since 2006 • 1820 Posts

When you start the game it should automatically patch.northypoley

Didn't you read his post? His game won't even start

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

try removing the GAME data (not the save) and re installing it, it should prompt to do the update

Jstation3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jstation3

try removing the GAME data (not the save) and re installing it, it should prompt to do the update

TheTenth10

I did both things and nothing happened. Tried with other dual layered game and it works as always. I went to Naughty dog's website and In the forums found that many others are having the same issue. And some mods are blaming the console's lens which is odd because I'm not the only one experiencing this particular problem with TLOU and this ocurred after the software patch they did to fix the autosave bug. I guess I'll go to gamestop and exchange the copy for another one. :(

:(

punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

only problem I had was if you keep the game online it wont save. So I have to go off line for it to save.

Blade_Runner22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Blade_Runner22
Member since 2010 • 27 Posts

@OP

You have a 120gb Slim, right?

The following is an actual workaround, so don't laugh.

Do this: Eject the game disc. Grab it with one hand. With your other hand tilt your PS3 up (around 45º) lifting it from the front. Insert the game disc and wait a couple of seconds until it reads, then you can put it down.

Worked for me 100% of the times.

If this doesn't do, you can try googling for "won't read Uncharted 3" since many people had the same issue with that.

Hope it helped.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#11 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

@OP

Do this: Eject the game disc. Grab it with one hand. With your other hand tilt your PS3 up (around 45º) lifting it from the front. Insert the game disc and wait a couple of seconds until it reads, then you can put it down.

If this doesn't do, you can try googling for "won't read Uncharted 3" since many people had the same issue with that.

Hope it helped.

Blade_Runner22

I dont have this problem, but I really wonder if this solution would work haha

SexyGirlDriver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SexyGirlDriver
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I have the same problem, it makes a clanking sound as if the game was going to eject but nothing happens but the game wont load. There is no icon on the screen for The Last of Us cause the Disc wont load the PS3 is not reading or it's just not showing up.
Potatoes91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Potatoes91
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

@OP

Hope it helped.

Blade_Runner22
I just bought a PS3 on eBay (got it today) and a used copy of TLOU from GameStop. I had the same issue. I thought it was the game since GTA4 worked, so I returned it and still had the same issue with a new copy. I tried your method and it worked! I signed up just to thank you.
Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

COuld always try a master system reset.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Try a different PS3 and make sure the Blu-Ray disc/game didn't get damaged.

Supes_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Supes_24
Member since 2013 • 87 Posts
[QUOTE="Blade_Runner22"]

@OP

Hope it helped.

Potatoes91
I just bought a PS3 on eBay (got it today) and a used copy of TLOU from GameStop. I had the same issue. I thought it was the game since GTA4 worked, so I returned it and still had the same issue with a new copy. I tried your method and it worked! I signed up just to thank you.

Lol! I've never had this issue before but I will definitely remember to give this a try if I do! That's just some amazing info right there, crazy, but nonetheless.
emvv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 emvv
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Something similar happened to me on my 2nd playthrough of LA Noire.  It started to load up then the ps3 turned itself off and now on reboot it wont even acknowledge the disk at all.  it's only on that one game and i've already played it once so I'm not that pissed off about it, but it's a bizzare problem (and yeah, i've tried deleting my save data and etc., didn't help)

Gamehead215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gamehead215
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! I LOVE YOU RIGHT NOW(no homo)
Gamehead215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gamehead215
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! I LOVE YOU RIGHT NOW(no homo)
Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jak-25
Member since 2007 • 2475 Posts

My PS3 had no problems playing The Last of Us.

charmedboy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 charmedboy3
So I am having a different issue with TLOU that I am not finding answers to online. I borrowed it from a friend who had no issue with it. My system is up to date. I put in the disc it load and goes to a black screen for 3 minutes then asks me to download the software for it. I do which take a few minutes and then back to black screen for another 10 minutes until it starts loading and i get the opening window options menu. i click new game and get the dusty load screen. This is where the main issue happen. It will sit on this menu loading for ALMOST AN HOUR, starting at 11.88% and climbing chunk by chunk until it speeds up likes its finally going to work and drops back to zero where it pretty much wont load after that. Has anyone else had this problem or have suggestions. i have tried removing the disc info and reloading. I have tried tilting and positioning the system differently. The disc is clean and I am out of ideas. Any help is welcomed. I just wanna play this damn game!
ZDarkFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ZDarkFox
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

So I've been having the exact same problem you have all just described, looking through these forms I saw the "tilt you playstation" theroy being all superstitious and what not, and IT FREAKING WORKED!! THANKS SOOOOO MUCH!!

Kuromino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 9

#24 Kuromino
Member since 2009 • 1602 Posts

Glad that it worked, but try to avoid reviving old threads.