The Last of Us on PS4 for the first time.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 Trinitarian
Member since 2007 • 1407 Posts

Well I recently bought a PS4 for ffxiv rr, since I wanted to add more variety to my gaming habits along with my xbone. However, I just reached 49 and the grind has all ready got to me lol. So I went ahead and bought the last of us. Never played it on ps3 so it's like a new game to me. So am I in for a treat? Also, I read all the great reviews on metacritic, we'll just the first paragraph of them. They all seem to point to the story and the game feeling human. However, I'm wondering about the actual gameplay? Is it survial horror, intense or what. Please share thanks.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#2 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

I don't know about the term survival horror maybe survival against difficult odds because ammo is limited in the game but what I really did like was the stealth and crafting mechanics. It made you think of the best way to do certain areas and yes the story is very good and it is a very well excuted game. Hopefully you enjoy it because it is an experience and memorable journey.

DHMATT90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By DHMATT90
Member since 2014 • 180 Posts

Fist of all, play it on hard mode, or survival or whatever it's called. That way you're gonna get a true experience.

The story, and the story execution is on a level that you don't see in many games. It's really that great.

As for the gameplay, it is in part survival, and action/adventure. It's not an open world game, but you do get the choice to be stealthy, choose your path on most levels, or if you like, run and gun. Although there is not much exploration.

The game on hard can be very survival. I often saw myself out of ammo, without knowing what to do. It forced me to take my time on levels, loot more ammo, and practice headshots lol.

It's a great experience, I'm sure you will like it =)

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Really good game. I played it on ps3 but no the dlc. So I re bought it for ps4.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

It's a very good game and you will enjoy it, so far I've played it full 3 times and Left Behind twice.

jude1903

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jude1903
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I really enjoy the story, it has all you ask for a story-line action/surviving game: stealth, shooting, knifing, limited resources, dark area, bunches of enemies, touching story, damn good characters, etc

But hell I enjoy the multiplayer more, it's just too addictive (and difficult)

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#7 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Trinitarian: i haven't played it myself

JopaGeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 JopaGeri
Member since 2004 • 538 Posts

The first ten minutes will hook you in and the flow of the game will make you addicted.
I like to compare this game to watching Netflix, you finish a chapter in the game
and you know you have to go bed but you have to find out what happens next.
Then you realize you have been up all night lol.
Its an amazing experience!

REfan1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 REfan1987
Member since 2005 • 327 Posts

@dhmatt90: I'm playing it on normal and am ~halfway through, and have got to say, I've run out of ammo a few times, feels like a good experience to me. I don't agree with people starting a new game on the hardest setting, they're more likely to start a new game on an easier setting because it's too hard. This has happened to me on countless survival/horror games.... Resident Evil 1 anyone... Jump in on Arrange and you die in two hits.

gamevet77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By gamevet77
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

One of the best games that has came out in years. Great story and gameplay is interesting. Similiar to uncharted

Avatar image for clashdragon9797
ClashDragon9797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ClashDragon9797
Member since 2014 • 35 Posts

@Trinitarian:

It's like the combination of stealth,horror, action and strategy.

1)Stealth

Most of the time,I would recommend you to use stealth to kill enemy or sneak pass them,ammo are always insufficient.The second reason why you should use stealth is because some enemies will come in swarm(not 2 or 3,but 20 or 30)or they have excellent hearing abilities,just a small movement and they will come running towards you.

2)Horror

The enemies in the game were classified into two category,the Infected and the Humans:

a) The Infected(4 classes)

Runners: The weakest among all the enemy,the have poor eyesight,but they can still sense or find you when you were crouch-walking.Not a big deal if there's only a few of them,but be careful if there's a whole swarm,.Most of the time,they won't attack unless you attack them first.

Stalkers: Stronger than the Runners and more aggressive.When the spot you in a distance,they will hide and closing in to you,thats why it's called a Stalker.They charge and attack without hesitation if they were up close. Try keeping distance from them if they were in a swarm.

Clickers: Well,this guy has excellent hearing.A small move will cause you instant death(if i am not mistaken).They charge towards you if they spotted you,they won't flinch when you shoot them while they were charging,unless you were using high powered rounds(Shotgun or Rifle).

Bloaters: The final form and the deadliest among all of the enemies.Instant kill if they grab you.The can withstand a shots from high powered guns(Shotgun and Rifle).Bloaters can shoot sacks that explodes on impacts(contains toxin). Use fire-based weapon(Molotov or Flamethrower)or upgraded weapons.

b)The Humans(4 classes)

Smugglers: They take jobs involving sneaking people, supplies and illegal contraband past military-guarded areas for payment.

Cannibals: They capture and murder their victims who invade their territory.They chop and eat them as food.

Hunters: They kill everyone who enters their territory and steal their clothes,supplies and ammos.

The Fireflys: A revolutionary organization who their public charter calls for the return of all branches of government in the wake of military oppression.They were the few organizations who were still looking for a cure to stop this apocalypse.

3) Action

Most of the infected that I listed can be avoided most of the time,with stealth and patience.But the Humans can't be avoided,you must fight them in order to make progress.They have weapons and they will attack you without mercy.So when you meet them,it's your choice whether you want to do it the Assassin's Creed way(stealth) or the God of War way (killing spree).

4) Strategy

The Infected will normally be in a swarm containing different classes,if you confront them without a strategy,you will end up wasting dozens of ammo or died numerous times in the game.So plan your strategy before you take action(such as using explosives on Runners,be stealthy when you fight Clickers and use fire-based weapon's on Bloaters .

My personal advice: Use more stealth,save some ammo.You won't regret it.

Feel free to correct me if I were wrong.

Hope you enjoy the game.