The Last of Us Game of the Year Edition -only on PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

It's time to stop the milking, Naughty Dog. Either give us new info on Uncharted 4, Last of Us 2, or a new IP.

btw, would anyone actually buy this? seriously...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/23/the-last-of-us-game-of-the-year-edition-announced-for-ps3

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

If I hadn't purchased TLoU remastered yes I would have purchased it, I didn't buy it for PS3.

Christiaan1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Christiaan1996
Member since 2014 • 98 Posts

This is great...now I can get all the DLC with the game...already own the original ps3 version...so this could help a lot

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

Nothing wrong with Naught Dog doing this. The game has been out a year and a half. Pretty much every ps3 owner has the game and sales are slipping so they wanted to give the buyers more incentive. We see this all the time when a game has been out over a year and then it comes out with a game of the year edition with the dlc. I am definitely not waiting a year and a half to play the last of us... My problem is when a game is partially made and then tries to force you to pay for billion dlc. Naughty Dog didnt do that.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#5 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

This has more to do with sony pushing it, not naughty dog. That's one of the main reasons that a lot developers have gone independent.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Its a really great game. I played it for ps3 but with no dlc.

I just picked up a physical copy of the remasterd edition for ps4 for only 20 bucks. I wasn't going to spend $59.99 again.

But for people who have not played this game and own a ps3 then this edition is ideal.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

What's wrong with a GOTY edition? Granted, it's a bit late and kind of BS that the PS4 gets a complete edition first, but finally adding a complete version for the PS3 is by no means milking. Unfortunately, I paid full price for The Last of Us and Left Behind, so I won't be touching any of the other DLCs or buying any other versions of the game.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Only if anyone has not played this game yet. Then get the "Last of US Game of the year edition" which is the standard including all DLC. Or if you don't have a PS4 and played the upgrade version.

This is the very very late to the party edition of the game. For "the last of US gamers" who still have not gotten around to playing this yet, on PS3 or PS4. 2013 is ages ago in the videogame universe.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

GOTY editions are pretty standard for over a decade now.

I remember buying them for 2003's Elder Scrolls 3!